Mac fired!

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If the Jets show some life, win some  early games, make playoff push -  the media will LOVE this story...

But if they start out slow - look out. The media will be ready to pounce at first blood.

They better start out fast or it can get ugly very quickly. 

I don't give a single f**k what the media thinks.  Just a few weeks ago they were laughing off stories about Macc's job being in jeopardy.  They suck. 

Emperor Gase cares even less.  I don't think he uses the internet, ever.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

CJ definitely has no clue what he's doing, which is why it was high time someone else gets handed the power, even if he's a lunatic like Adam Gase. 

I didn't really look at it this way - but it does make me feel better.

As crazy as Gase might be it's better having him in charge than Chris.

• Upvote 1

I don't get it

90 % or more of this board wanted Mac fired, and he was 

90% or more of this board would have traded Lee for a bag of balls, Gase got a 6th for a player they were probably going to cut anyway.

90% or more of this board thought it was a terrible idea to force a GM HC marriage, now they are going to get a GM that will work in step with HC

Mac has had some good trades and FA signings, I'll give him that. But the problem is, he wouldnt have had to pay these guys, if he drafted properly. 

The jets have the same needs as they had after the season. That's unacceptable.  Who cares about the timing. It's not like he got bad players this off season, he just got the wrong ones. 

He was consistently signing free agents to fill holes created by his poor drafting. That's not how you win. 

You win by drafting well, letting other teams over pay for your player, collect comp picks, draft well, so on and so on. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I didn't really look at it this way - but it does make me feel better.

As crazy as Gase might be it's better having him in charge than Chris.

Yep.  In this case, the devil you don't know is a better option than the one you do know.

People here have been clamoring for a VP of Football Ops for years to handle all football decisions.  This is as close to that as we've gotten to this point under the Johnson's.

23 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Eagles' investments in the O-Line since 2016 (Douglas was hired in May '16):

• OT Andre Dillard:  2019 1st round pick
  • Starting LG Isaac Seumalo:  3rd round pick in 2016
  • Starting RG Brandon Brooks:  Signed to a 5-year deal in 2016 (previously a Texan)
  • G/C Stefen Wisneiwski:  Signed to 3-year deal in 2016 (previously a Jaguar), benched in 2018, then brought back in 2019 (presumably on a cheap deal)
  • OT Matt Pryor:  2018 6th rounder
  • OT Jordan Mailata:  2018 7th rounder
  • OT Helapoulivaati Vaitai:  2016 5th rounder
  • G Iosua Opeta:  2019 UDFA acquisition --> was projected 6th/7th rounder and compared to Kelvin Beachum

They did all this despite having LT Jason Peters, C Jason Kelce, and RT Lane Johnson all entrenched as starters since 2013. 

THIS is how you build an O-Line pipeline:  Draft O-Linemen every season, even if you already have plenty of depth there, and supplement with free agent pickups. 

It's also a great way to win a Super Bowl. 

VS. JETS under Macc:

• G James Carpenter:  Signed to 4-year deal in 2015
  • G Willie Colon:  Signed to a 1-year deal in 2015 (started 6 games, then never played again)
  • G Jarvis Harrison:  Drafted in 5th round in 2015 (spent 2015 on PS, then was cut in 2016)
  • OT Ryan Clady:  Received in trade for 5th rounder in 2016, got back a 7th (started 8 games then got hurt and retired)
  • OT Brandon Shell:  Drafted in 5th round in 2016 (29 starts, received a 62.7 grade from PFF last season, # 56-ranked OT)
  • LT Kelvin Beachum:  Signed to 3-year deal in 2017 (86 starts, received a 65.9 grade from PFF last season, # 48-ranked OT)
  • G/C Spencer Long:  Signed to a 4-year deal in 2018 (couldn't snap, released in February 2019)
  • G Kelechi Osemele:  Received in trade for 5th rounder in 2019, got back a 6th
  • OT Chuma Edoga:  Drafted in 3rd round in 2019

The Eagles had 3 entrenched starters on their O-Line prior to 2016, yet have used a 1st, 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 7th rounder on O-Linemen, and signed 2 others to significant contracts in that span.

The Jets have had O-Line problems ever since Ferguson's decline and retirement in 2015 and Mangold's decline and retirement in 2016.  But in Macc's tenure, he's only used 3 draft picks (one 3rd, two 5th's) on O-Linemen, and as a result was forced to send draft assets for older veteran band-aids like Clady (who had an awful injury history) and Osemele (probably his best move on the O-line to date) and overpay a guy like Kelvin Beachum to hold the fort at LT (and he'll need to be replaced next season).  And of course his Spencer Long signing was a complete disaster.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, jack48 said:

I actually see this as a watershed moment.  The casting out of Charlie C.  What a pair of losers.

I can’t even understand how Charlie recommended him or why. What a joke. To take that money and not try to help the jets find the best candidate possible. The Johnson brothers are suckers and are not educated when it comes to football. This is why we need a president of football operations. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I can’t even understand how Charlie recommended him or why. What a joke. To take that money and not try to help the jets find the best candidate possible. The Johnson brothers are suckers and are not educated when it comes to football. This is why we need a president of football operations. 

Charlie created the Todd Bowles myth.  They are still calling him a defensive genius in some places.  I guess it takes a particular talent to design defenses that never stop a team late in a half.  Macc nobody knew about and they still don't.  He likes coffeee.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Charlie created the Todd Bowles myth.  They are still calling him a defensive genius in some places.  I guess it takes a particular talent to design defenses that never stop a team late in a half.  Macc nobody knew about and they still don't.  He likes coffeee. 

Bowles is a fantastic DC, awful HC. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Mike Shanahan comes to mind!!!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Now it is reported that Gase was the one who essentially stopped the organization from upgrading the OL at Center!!!

You just can’t make this stuff up!!

Casserly let it slip on the NFL network that Gase wanted Paradis and Macc didn't. He said about Gase, "How are you going to look Johnathan Harrison in the face when you wanted Paradis". Casserly is close to Macc and I think that slipped out. The beat writers are just trying to pile on.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Casserly let it slip on the NFL network that Gase wanted Paradis and Macc didn't. He said about Gase, "How are you going to look Johnathan Harrison in the face when you wanted Paradis". Casserly is close to Macc and I think that slipped out. The beat writers are just trying to pile on.

The same way you would look at Harrison if you signed Paradis and Paradis got hurt and you needed Harrison to step up.  Casserly is a clown

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2019 at 12:24 PM, Bruce Harper said:

You really can't make as many bad draft picks as he has and be around for the long term.  But can we get it right this time, please?

From your keyboard to Gods ears....