Mac fired!

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

This doesn't really pass the sniff test. Bullets 1 and 2 are kind of contradictory.

Johnson decides to keep Mac and let him spend 100M and run draft, but hires a HC Mac doesn't want because Johnson was enamored with Gase.

And then turns around and forces Williams on Gase, the guy he was supposedly so enamored with that he neutered his GM over? Again, after giving said GM 100M and 1.3 to play with?

Makes no sense.

What if Johnson wanted Gase and Macc wanted Greg Williams and this was the compromise? 

5 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I want to know what moves specifically over the past free agency and draft class got Mac fired?

The bell signing seems to be huge regarding this. I like the Mosley move. The Trumaine contract Is an albatross. I think missing out on all the edge rushers in free agency was significant as well.

Could be the DC/son stuff, and at that point they couldn't go on a GM search in March so they just let it go through the draft. 

You don't hire a HC and say here's your force-fed DC, and then the DC says here's another force-fed coach because he's the DC's son. Honestly I think that was the last straw for Gase, and the worst offense. You make a guy the HC he gets to pick his own staff or don't bother hiring him. Just took this long for him to wear down Chris Johnson, who probably hoped things would smooth out for a while at least with the draft over.

I also don't think Gase is as thrilled with the OL as the GM was. Osemele was a fine addition, but the line isn't good overall. They're starting a backup center and next year both tackles are UFAs. The biggest splashes in FA went to the defense even after hiring an offensive-minded HC (not just Mosely, but don't forget the 2nd-biggest splash was to be Barr not Bell, and it's possible there is no Bell if the Barr signing went through). 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If you're not going to fire a GM in January, you have to wait till after the draft.

Get the new GM in here and give him the time to replace all the scouts.  Then we can head into the 2020 draft ready to go.

While he should have gotten fired in January, this was the next best option.  The timing is not nearly as bad as people here are saying.

That's like saying the next best option to taking your pants off before you poop is reaching your hand down your underwear and cupping your a$$hole before you poop.

We should've firmly had our pants around our ankles before we dropped this turd. Sure, we feel better now, but we still have a hand full of sh*t that we don't know what to do with.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

What if Johnson wanted Gase and Macc wanted Greg Williams and this was the compromise? 

The craziest part of this is that you’ve been pulling conspiracy theories out of your butt for years on this topic and holy **** Tom you were right what the actual ****.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

That's like saying the next best option to taking your pants off before you poop is reaching your hand down your underwear and cupping your a$$hole before you poop.

We should've firmly had our pants around our ankles before we dropped this turd. Sure, we feel better now, but we still have a hand full of sh*t that we don't know what to do with. 

If Douglas is the hire at GM, it's not going to matter.  Gase + Douglas >>>>> Whatever the Johnson's would have done on their own in January.

Gase is the smartest one in the room right now.  Everything the Johnson's have done have turned to sh*t.  Time to let someone else have the power in the organization, even if he's not a great option. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Could be the DC/son stuff, and at that point they couldn't go on a GM search in March so they just let it go through the draft. 

You don't hire a HC and say here's your force-fed DC, and then the DC says here's another force-fed coach because he's the DC's son. Honestly I think that was the last straw for Gase, and the worst offense. You make a guy the HC he gets to pick his own staff or don't bother hiring him. Just took this long for him to wear down Chris Johnson, who probably hoped things would smooth out for a while at least with the draft over.

I also don't think Gase is as thrilled with the OL as the GM was. Osemele was a fine addition, but the line isn't good overall. They're starting a backup center and next year both tackles are UFAs. The biggest splashes in FA went to the defense even after hiring an offensive-minded HC (not just Mosely, but don't forget the 2nd-biggest splash was to be Barr not Bell, and it's possible there is no Bell if the Barr signing went through). 

gase said before the draft that the OL was a work in progress.  the draft did nothing to dispel his assessment.  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

More than that, in between 1 & 2, is they allowed Maccagnan to force-feed a coordinator onto all HC prospects during the hiring search/process.

Also in point 3 he had a typo and misspelled ruin.

So, none of the other HC prospects wanted Gregg Williams?  Now, Gase gets to fire him as GM?

UPDATES

latest reports

- Adam Gase did not know this am this was happening 

- Rumor is the rift that something “went down” between Heimidinger and Maccagnan which caused Johnson to act to end dysfunction 

- Gase does NOT want this on his plate. He is focused on developing Sam, just moved his family here, had nothing to do with this. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Your retelling of Cimini's post said he wasn't really involved in the process. Why would the owner remove GM form HC search, go against his wishes on HC and then compromise on DC while simultaneously pissing off new HC who he was enamored with. Maybe CJ wanted Williams but still, it's too unbelievable a chain of events

29 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

The issue was not with signing bell . It was what to pay bell . Gase realize we where bidding vs ourselves.

But the Jets ended up paying Bell fairly, at a market rate.  They didn't overpay IMO and they are really only tied to him for the first 2 years.  I think the 2020 or 2021 Draft is where the Jets find a RB replacement in Round 2 or 3.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

It's so dumb I wouldn't even be shocked. But the reality is CJ was the one touting what a big splash the Jets were going to make with the HC hire, only to fire a low-demand/no-demand HC the Dolphins just fired. 

My guess is Gase was Macc's choice, thinking that Gase wouldn't have the clout to get him fired when it was Macc-extension time again. Only makes it funny that he lasted 3 months before Gase started to try getting him fired (maybe even earlier but that's when we heard about it), and only lasted to mid-May. 

lol Jets

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Great point , totally agree ...there’s never a bad time to fire a guy as awful at his job as Mac was....people getting fired up because of what Joe and Evan or our clown beat writers are tweeting need to take a deep breath ..we got better today . Period .  

It's not the move as much as it is the process, and the fact that there's been no apparent logic when looking back at the process the past 5+ months.

You gotta let the GM hire his guy as the coach, and if you don't trust the GM to do that, then fire the GM, don't keep him.

Now we have free agents and drafted players that Gase has no allegiance to.

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  And he is starting to go after them.

Who the hell cares what Manish thinks.  How long can you keep a guy around who is that bad at drafting?  He's just pissed because it was the first time ever anyone on the inside would talk to him.  Now he can go back to bashing their every move.

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

UPDATES

latest reports

- Rumor is the rift that something “went down” between Heimidinger and Maccagnan which caused Johnson to act to end dysfunction 

- Gase does NOT want this on his plate. He is focused on developing Sam, just moved his family here, had nothing to do with this. 

was heimdinger angling for mccagnan's job and cj didn't want the politics?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The craziest part of this is that you’ve been pulling conspiracy theories out of your butt for years on this topic and holy **** Tom you were right what the actual ****.

They’re not theories once they’re proven, Doug. I am a conspiracy positivist 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

You really can't make as many bad draft picks as he has and be around for the long term.  But can we get it right this time, please?

There is no way we get this right and we just made the same freaking mistake we made with Rex again. What GM will walk into this situation. I swear, this team can't do anything right. Mac should have been fired with Bowels and the new GM should have hired the HC. 

This is Rex being in place and all we could get was Idzik part 2.

Get the fire Gase billboards ready. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

UPDATES

latest reports

Lol this is exactly what I’d say too if I murdered my boss

• Upvote 3