Mac fired!

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The transparency you wanted was not going to come, for obvious reasons. And still won't.

Unfortunately you are right. Nothing against them, but I can’t imagine paying to be a season ticket holder with this ownership. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Really? Seems like a pretty damn specific report for it to be an unsourced take...

I edited my post to indicate that yes one of these initial reports could  be true but note it was pretty different from what T0m said Cimini reported 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

could well be, but then why get rid of heimdinger unless 1) cj never loved him or 2) gase has been lobbying for his own gm choice and cj just decided that instead of keeping part of the political bs he may as well start fresh with a new gm and hc.  

Could be that Heimerdinger, instead of vying for the GM job, has a loyalty to Mac. 

6 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Who the hell cares what Manish thinks.  How long can you keep a guy around who is that bad at drafting?  He's just pissed because it was the first time ever anyone on the inside would talk to him.  Now he can go back to bashing their every move.

Agreed , people need to be reminded sometimes , beat reporters aren’t Jet fans ..they’re allegiance is to access and information...they have zero interest in wins and losses . 

4 minutes ago, RSJ said:

As opposed to what anyone has done. Yes the Johnsons have been further as owners than Gase has as a HC though.

Further at what?  1 division title?  A total of 5 seasons with 10+ wins out of 19 seasons?  1 home playoff game in two decades?

Yeah, I'll take my chances with Emperor Gase, thanks. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Could be that Heimerdinger, instead of vying for the GM job, has a loyalty to Mac. 

Who knows what decisions these two were part of.

CLEAN HOUSE start fresh is the best way.

Maybe Macc and Heimer were pissed we fired Todd Bowles. 

11 minutes ago, nico002 said:

UPDATES

latest reports

- Adam Gase did not know this am this was happening 

- Rumor is the rift that something “went down” between Heimidinger and Maccagnan which caused Johnson to act to end dysfunction 

- Gase does NOT want this on his plate. He is focused on developing Sam, just moved his family here, had nothing to do with this. 

Or, these could be planted stories by the Jets to shelter Gase to some degree.

You just never know where the splatter lands or whom it will hit in this org.

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Could be the DC/son stuff, and at that point they couldn't go on a GM search in March so they just let it go through the draft. 

You don't hire a HC and say here's your force-fed DC, and then the DC says here's another force-fed coach because he's the DC's son. Honestly I think that was the last straw for Gase, and the worst offense. You make a guy the HC he gets to pick his own staff or don't bother hiring him. Just took this long for him to wear down Chris Johnson, who probably hoped things would smooth out for a while at least with the draft over.

I also don't think Gase is as thrilled with the OL as the GM was. Osemele was a fine addition, but the line isn't good overall. They're starting a backup center and next year both tackles are UFAs. The biggest splashes in FA went to the defense even after hiring an offensive-minded HC (not just Mosely, but don't forget the 2nd-biggest splash was to be Barr not Bell, and it's possible there is no Bell if the Barr signing went through). 

Like Anderson. But between the Williamses and Anderson, you are spending an awful lot of cap room on DTs. And not nearly so much on the OL. When you consider Tru Johnson, Adams and Maye and the legion of other DBS Coffee Boy has amassed, that is a ridiculous misallocation of resources. Said it over and over; DBs aren DL guys who do not get to the QB are overhead in 2019. Yet this idiot devoted the bulk of his chips to those groups. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

Brian Costello was just on with joe and mac. Basically said he was lied to by multiple sources within the jets organization and is not going to use them as sources going forward

this rat organization. ? 

still better than when rex was here and there were leaks galore.

I just don’t understand what Adam Gase has done in his career to have full control (he’s definitely going to have a massive voice in the GM hiring)? He just got fired from a rival and his players disliked him. This should have been done after the season with a real GM brought in to hire a coach. This organization is maddening. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If not for the Vikings, our QB is Kirk Cousins.  For more money than the Vikings ended up paying him, too. 

Only Macc's own incompetence in building the roster prevented this from being our fate. 

That’s a good point. 

I honestly don’t care Macc got fired . But this Gase power play is ridiculous. He hasn’t earn the right to have this kinda power ..

so as far as I’m concerned everything from now on good or bad falls on gase . I don’t even care who they hire as a GM. 

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Cimini on 1050 spilling all the tea. HOO BOY. Highlights:

—Chris Johnson wanted Gase and got Maccagnan to go along with it, and they spun it to make it sound like Macc was more involved in the hire than he was.

—Gase DID NOT WANT Gregg Williams.

—Gase wanted the Browns job to the point that Peyton Manning called the Browns first. Jets were the fallback. 

My initial thought is, why is Cimini waiting until now to spill this?