I'm okay with the firing, it's just the timing and seeming lack of any kind of a plan that's making me cringe so much right now.
I want to think they were waiting for something else to fall into place or line up and that's what took them so long here... But? Why would I think that?

Right. I am ok with letting him go, although I was ok with him staying as well, but the timing is a problem for me.

Here we are placing a plan in there when there probably isn’t one. My hope is that they fired him “for” someone else. That’s most likely joy the case though.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If not for the Vikings, our QB is Kirk Cousins.  For more money than the Vikings ended up paying him, too. 

Only Macc's own incompetence in building the roster prevented this from being our fate. 

Could you imagine Kirk Cousins sucks 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Wow 

Jay Glazer is never wrong man.

20 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You are so brave.

As a milquetoast white dude who enjoys hip hop culture I assumed youd appreciated the 8 mile reference 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

Brian Costello was just on with joe and mac. Basically said he was lied to by multiple sources within the jets organization and is not going to use them as sources going forward

this rat organization. 🐀 

That makes this even sweeter Brian Costello is a joke!!!!

53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Big props to Manish, Connor Hughes, Brian Costello, and whoever the guy is writing for that jersey version of the Pennysaver who dutifully reported that Macc wasn’t getting fired. Top job, chaps. 

Well, when your only source is about to get the axe, you do what you can do influence the gullible and fickle ownership I guess.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

My initial thought is, why is Cimini waiting until now to spill this?

He didn’t “spill” anything but his opinion. 

I'm sure we will find out how much they value Harrison pretty shortly.

• Upvote 3

I guess reaching in this past draft going for players with both of their knee and shoulders busted and seeing others team grabbing stud was too much to ignore even for the Jets owner.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It’s weird that this is finally happening like we all wanted, but even when it seemed this team couldn’t have f’d it up any more than they have, they did. Giving Gase all the power is even worse. His roster decisions are historically poor and getting rid of Heimerdinger seems short sighted as well. Just epic proportions of terrible. 

Last time we had a HC in place and then hired a GM, it worked out incredibly well.

It's amazing.  Even the correct decisions, they somehow screw up.

• Upvote 2

Only the jets could do this backwards. 

After all that money and another draft of BPA. Maybe Johnson watched some of those Draft videos showing other GMs being aggressive and organized and thought: "Wow, we are doing this all wrong."

Shame it had to take this long but I am just going to sit back and watch. 

I only wonder how Assitant GM President MAL is doing right now?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Hire Joe Douglas. What about the rift with Greg Williams? The fact that Gase doesnt want Bell? This is a full blown sh*t show dude.

A good GM with leadership skills fixes this crap and gets everyone in line or else.

But if Douglas is already best buds with Gase then Greg Williams will be a one year hire at most.

3 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Hire Joe Douglas. What about the rift with Greg Williams? The fact that Gase doesnt want Bell? This is a full blown sh*t show dude.

Who cares?  That stuff will resolve itself over time. 

Gase will probably only deal with Williams for a year then replace him.  Williams is never at a stop longer than 2-3 years anyways, which is why it was so dumb to base your HC hire on who the DC would be. 

Bell will be here till the end of the 2020 season and the two of them can make it work until then.  Bell's talent will rise to the top and Gase will end up fine with him.  Bell's feathers may get ruffled at some point but what is he gonna do, hold out again?  lol. 

The important thing was ensuring that the long-term future of the Jets improved, and it just did today. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Williams may not make it to opening day , I’m being serious ...who knows about Bell...my guess is he shows up out of shape and winds up on IR by week 6. 

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So Manish is really upset that he was made to look a fool. Yikes.  Easy to see which side of the house was leaking to him.

he is mad His Source Macc is out . Guess it’s back to articles blasting the jets again 

Just now, Scoop24 said:

Or he is mad His Source Macc is out . Guess it’s back to articles blasting the jets again 

Do we need a FIRE MANISH MEHTA thread? 

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So Manish is really upset that he was made to look a fool. Yikes.  Easy to see which side of the house was leaking to him.

Hughes too. Just absolutely pathetic.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That's been clear for awhile I think 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

A good GM with leadership skills fixes this crap and gets everyone in line or else.

But if Douglas is already best buds with Gase then Greg Williams will be a one year hire at most.

Joe Douglas is friends with Adam Gase and brought the current Eagles GM coffee. That’s literally all we know about him.

So, in 1.5 years <insert hired GM's name here> makes it known through press leaks that he is not happy with a coach whom he did not hire.

This will bandy about and percolate for about 6 months.

And then <insert GM's name here> will subjugate himself to <insert acting owner's name here> to pick his coach for him.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The plan is to hire Joe Douglas.  A much more sound plan than the Johnson's have had for the last two decades. 

His resume says he's the right hire.

Maybe they've wanted him all along but he didn't want to screw the Eagles by leaving them before the draft and taking their draft board with him

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Do we need a FIRE MANISH MEHTA thread? 

Manish got Gase levels of power . He a untouchable lol

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Cimini on 1050 spilling all the tea. HOO BOY. Highlights:

—Chris Johnson wanted Gase and got Maccagnan to go along with it, and they spun it to make it sound like Macc was more involved in the hire than he was.

—Gase DID NOT WANT Gregg Williams.

—Gase wanted the Browns job to the point that Peyton Manning called the Browns first. Jets were the fallback. 

Holy f**k!  What a sh!tshow this is. LOL

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

As a milquetoast white dude who enjoys hip hop culture I assumed youd appreciated the 8 mile reference 

That’s Dr. Milquetoast White Dude to you, peasant. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Who cares?  That stuff will resolve itself over time. 
Gase will probably only deal with Williams for a year then replace him.  Williams is never at a stop longer than 2-3 years anyways, which is why it was so dumb to base your HC hire on who the DC would be. 
Bell will be here till the end of the 2020 season and the two of them can make it work until then.  Bell's talent will rise to the top and Gase will end up fine with him.  Bell's feathers may get ruffled at some point but what is he gonna do, hold out again?  lol. 
The important thing was ensuring that the long-term future of the Jets improved, and it just did today. 

You have a lot of confidence in a head coach who doesnt seem to get along with anyone and has had two losing seasons in a row.

Unless Mac did something last night that was the final straw, why not fire him yesterday afternoon, so that the NBA draft lottery could kind of douse the fire in the media and fans.  Instead, announce this after?  Really bad timing on a number of levels.  If this was about the crappy FA and draft, then fire him yesterday, or maybe Monday?

Hey, if Gase gets to pick his own GM, then he'll have no excuses if this team fails in a couple of years.  He will have an excuse this this upcoming season, though; he can just blame Mac's FA and draft.

I'm happy but not elated.  Just like I felt when Idzik was fired for another clown.  A good hire here would be nice, but who with any self-dignity would want to be GM right now other than a Gase stooge?

5 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

That makes this even sweeter Brian Costello is a joke!!!!

So wait, a writer actually just came to the conclusion that he is manipulated by those that he receives source material? 

It is no wonder he continues to be a writer.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

You have a lot of confidence in a head coach who doesnt seem to get along with anyone and has had two losing seasons in a row.

It's not about my confidence in Gase.  Its about my lack of confidence in the Johnson's.

I have 0 faith in the Johnson's.  2/10 in Gase.  2>>>>0

• Upvote 1

I don't believe that a rift between Mac and Heimerdinger led to them both being fired but rather is a nice excuse for getting rid of them both and clearing the way for Gase's guy. This is especially likely if Gase was, as has been reported, Johnson's guy.

• Thumb Down 1

It's not about my confidence in Gase.  Its about my lack of confidence in the Johnson's.
I have 0 faith in the Johnson's.  2/10 in Gase.  2>>>>0

Ok ill give you that. Lol

• Upvote 1