Mac fired!

4 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Or he is mad His Source Macc is out . Guess it’s back to articles blasting the jets again 

there were a lot of rumors leading up to the draft about what the jets were going to do.  i can't help but wonder now if cj and/or gase allowed false rumors to be released to see who was leaking the info.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

His resume Saturday he's the right hire.

Maybe they've we need him but he didn't want to screw the Eagles by leaving them before the draft and taking their draft board with him

Pfew, glad to see you're still alive after this.

This is a joke right ?

How the F do you let your GM handle Free Agency and the Draft and then you go and fire him ?

You cannot be serious.

The Jets just made the Knicks look like a model franchise.

They are never going to get this right.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

They should have fired Mac along with Bowles. Like Woody said the GM position would have been really attractive at that point when you had the cap room, 3rd pick, the say in hiring a new coach, along with Darnold. Would have made so much more sense then instead of trying to find a GM before the season starts.

And looks like we'll be reading a lot of bitter ex-wife like articles from Manish this season.

39 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I want to know what moves specifically over the past free agency and draft class got Mac fired?

The bell signing seems to be huge regarding this. I like the Mosley move. The Trumaine contract Is an albatross. I think missing out on all the edge rushers in free agency was significant as well.

Just heard @RapSheet on NFL Network.  Here's the skinny....

• Gase was fine with the personnel the Jets acquired in FA but he was NOT happy with the prices paid.
  • Jets paying an average of $17M per year for ILB CJ Mosely.  Gase didn't want to spend more than $13M per year.
  • Gase did not want to give Bell a $52M contract.

TYPICALLY, you have a HC clamoring for players and saying, "I don't care what it costs, get me these guys or I can't win!"  That wasn't the case here and may have helped Gase score points with ownership.  If the HC is saying, "save your money, we don't need to overspend, I can win while spending less" then that really puts a dagger in the GM.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

• Gase was fine with the personnel the Jets acquired in FA but he was NOT happy with the prices paid.
  • Jets paying an average of $17M per year for ILB CJ Mosely.  Gase didn't want to spend more than $13M per year.

TYPICALLY, you have a HC clamoring for players and saying, "I don't care what it costs, get me these guys or I can't win!"  That wasn't the case here and may have helped Gase score points with ownership.  If the HC is saying, "save your money, we don't need to overspend, I can win while spending less" then that really puts a dagger in the GM. 

You should never spend QB money on an ILB who isn't great in coverage.  That signing was the most Macc signing that has ever been Macc'd.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, shawn306 said:

This is a joke right ?

How the F do you let your GM handle Free Agency and the Draft and then you go and fire him ?

You cannot be serious.

The Jets just made the Knicks look like a model franchise.

They are never going to get this right.

It is pretty ass backwards if you ask me. It's embarrassing how this organization is run. Hire coach, then hire GM. Fire coach, then hire coach, then fire GM. Now they're looking for a GM again with a coach in place. They'll have to only consider candidates who would have hired Adam Gase, otherwise it will be an arranged marriage that is doomed to fail again. 

• Thumb Down 1

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If Douglas is the hire at GM, it's not going to matter.  Gase + Douglas >>>>> Whatever the Johnson's would have done on their own in January.

Gase is the smartest one in the room right now.  Everything the Johnson's have done have turned to sh*t.  Time to let someone else have the power in the organization, even if he's not a great option. 

I'm not complaining, mind you. I just saw an opportunity to make a poop analogy, and I took it.

Right now I feel happy, light, and a little bit exhausted. Kinda like a gallon of coffee just flushed out a giant turd that's been sitting in my colon for four years.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

And he beat Peyton Manning and Tom Brady on the road in consecutive playoff games.

....with Mark Sanchez.

With Mangini's offensive line (best in the league) and defense (Mangini drafted the 2 most important pieces in Revis and David Harris). 

Rex then spent the next 4 years dismantling the Offensive Line, allowing the defense to grow old, and surrounding Sanchez with the likes of sociopathic divas Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress and Derrick Mason while getting rid of high character guys like Tony Richardson and Jerricho Cotchery.

Read Collision Low Crossers then get back to me. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, nico002 said:

UPDATES

latest reports

- Adam Gase did not know this am this was happening 

- Rumor is the rift that something “went down” between Heimidinger and Maccagnan which caused Johnson to act to end dysfunction 

- Gase does NOT want this on his plate. He is focused on developing Sam, just moved his family here, had nothing to do with this. 

lol

Adam "Littlefinger" Gase.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jbt said:

what about Mel Kiper? 

I know this sarcasm but Kiper ain’t working like DJ. DJ working the high schools ranks, just as much as the college . At the very least you should get a few nice draft classes  first couple years with DJ.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

That is all well and fine for Gase to say that but if you do not pay those guys that much you do not get them.  

Oh, I'm happy with getting Tom Brady but I wouldn't have paid more than 5 mill a year.

The elevation of Gase to god status on this team within 5 or 6 months is very troubling.  This is not Bellichik we are talking about here.

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Because the new guy is going to bring in his own people.  I think the Jets already have someone in mind.

Yep.  If Heimerdinger wasn't in the running to replace Macc as the GM, he had to go too.  Word is Gase had issues with Heimerdinger too. 

Sucks that we lose him, but it'll end up a net positive in the end.