Mac fired!

Just now, dbatesman said:

"He only acquired all of those terrible players because the limpdicked milquetoast head coach bullied him into doing it" is some next-level galaxy brain sh*t

Yes that was one of my favorite ones. Bowles the tyrant cowed poor Macc into doing his bidding. Can't make this stuff up guys.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

The dysfunction of this organization never ceases to amaze me. Unbelievable.

Of course this is long overdue. The timing is hilariously bad, even by our standards.

That's my first thought too tbqh.

Every time I think about how this Organization is managed, this gif comes to mind:

Nathan-Fillion-reaction-gif.gif

• Sympathy 3

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Gase being the gm is worse then keeping mac.  My goodness.

exactly on point the gase fans better hope they are right because if gase is hot crap they should not allowed to ever post anything on coaching or gms again

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

5 minutes ago, MasterChiefJets said:

The Emperor is in charge. I wonder how Greg Williams, Le'Von Bell, and President MAL feel about this as well as the other players? This isn't Parcells or Belichick here.

I am sure most of us are happy that Mac is finally gone but letting him have another offseason/draft and who is now in charge leaves us with more question marks for this season as well as next year - depending on how this year plays out.

The FAK are you talking about? The HC is always in charge..

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

Maccs biggest weakness was how easily he capitulated to Bowles when it came to signing players.  I doubt if Gase was screaming for a backup C that he'd have been ignored.. especially for the contract that Wisnewski got..  this is something different..  far more sinister..  the supreme overlord works in mysterious ways.

@T0mShane?

5 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I haven't read much of this thread, but is there any chance that the Jets straighten out their organizational hierarchy and hire someone who is Gase's boss but reports to the owner? @Sperm Edwards @T0mShane

Thats not really an improvement, and also not the defacto method of running an organization. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Did Maccagnan get fired for incompetence or fired because the owner felt he couldnt immediately fire the coach he just hired? Im thinking the latter unfortunately. 

My guess is Gase gave them an ultimatum, either Mac goes or he goes. A lot harder to replace a HC at this point than a GM

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I haven't read much of this thread, but is there any chance that the Jets straighten out their organizational hierarchy and hire someone who is Gase's boss but reports to the owner? @Sperm Edwards @T0mShane

Best chance for an organizational change, IMHO, would be having Gase in charge of the new personnel guy, not the other way around. With all the crap going on in the front office, it's almost inconceivable that they'd top it off by hiring a boss for Gase after he was hired under the premise of reporting directly to the owner. But then I remember we're talking about the Jets here. Who knows? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

His resume says he's the right hire.

Maybe they've wanted him all along but he didn't want to screw the Eagles by leaving them before the draft and taking their draft board with him

if they wanted him they should have hired him them screw the eagles as they have the right to deny interview. So the timing doe snot make sense

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Gase interim GM.

Gase involved picking next GM too (we have to presume)?

We are most certainly "all-in"on googly-eyes now.

On the surface it looks that way. I dont trust the Johnson's to keep it that way though. Mostly due to their insecurities, I think they like having the confusing power structure where no one knows who to blame because no ones actually in charge.

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Gase interim GM.

Gase involved picking next GM too (we have to presume)?

We are most certainly "all-in"on googly-eyes now.

100% true.

Like or not, this is Adam Gase's team for the foreseeable future.  The Jets had better get this right or they're going to waste the one good thing that's happened here recently, acquiring Sam Darnold.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

100% true.

Like or not, this is Adam Gase's team for the foreseeable future.

Agreed.

And it doesn't really matter if we like it.  We fans get no say.  We have a ton of now-hardcore Gase guys here who (at least before today) thought Gase was "the best possible" guy.  So we'll see.  I have my doubts, more now than I had before.  

• Sympathy 1