Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

John Dorsey was fired in June 2017.  Its been done before.

 

guess it’s not that outlandish after all . 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am just thankful that Macc did not trade away any 2020 draft picks last month (althought it sounds like he may have tried).  At least our new GM will have a full complement of picks to play with.

This is such an underrated thing. The Tannenbaum special. Very glad we didn't sacrifice a future he knew he didn't really have to pay for.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As usual, we have to wait and see how this plays out. Who will the new GM be, etc. The only thing that makes you think SOJ, is they let the GM have input in the draft selections, and then they fire him after!! crazy

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's the guy who got us Jamaal, Sam and Leveon and more.  Good with the cap. Had some bad misses, but overall, compared to other Jets GMs? I think he's above-average.

I really hope the circus isn't returning. I guess more than anything it was personality conflict?


DC

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jbt said:

it is true and Gase is GM.  how do they give this guy all the power

From Miami's fired HC to all the power with the Jets. Unreal !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm shocked and pissed off.  This organization is the worst.  No stability.

Gase better hit homers or we're back to the SOJ cycle of short-term rookie GM's and coaches.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peebag said:

So has anyone alerted Casserly and Wolf to have them get geared up for new search?

They should give back whatever the Jets paid them.  Although I will remain grateful to this front office for getting us Darnold.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dcJet said:

I'm shocked and pissed off.  This organization is the worst.  No stability.

Gase better hit homers or we're back to the SOJ cycle of short-term rookie GM's and coaches.

 

I'm shocked by the timing. Why didn't they do it when Bowles was canned ? Figured Macc was safe till next January.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better late than never BUT for Pete’s sake what in the world happened that they’d do this AFTER the FA signings and the draft.  Maybe Macc bought to much coffee on his charge account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Someone’s just jealous that there’s no Sanchez-fan-Pennington-fan-Maccagnan-fan-Menudo-fan cohort on the Internet where you might find a nourishing intellectual relationship.

Meanwhile I'm sure theres security footage at the Blue Oyster Bar of you pop-locking to Living La Vida Loca back in 99'.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I'm shocked by the timing. Why didn't they do it when Bowles was canned ? Figured Macc was safe till next January.

Scouting. Both for FA and draft. Ideally he should have been fired mid season last year so new GM could have prepared for off season. Firing Mac with Bowles would have made the offseason difficult but since it’s a mess anyways, better late than never. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I’m glad he’s gone, yes it looks like classic clown shoes, but I’m going with it.

It was strange in the draft, Gase was no where around at all. He was a little evasive when asked about himself and Macc.

I think Macc pissed Gase off, and signed the Free agents he wanted, and drafted who he wanted.

My take is Gase ran to the Johnson’s and put his cards on the table. “Him or me!”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

Scouting. Both for FA and draft. Ideally he should have been fired mid season last year so new GM could have prepared for off season. Firing Mac with Bowles would have made the offseason difficult but since it’s a mess anyways, better late than never. 

if the initial plan was to have gase and mccagnan work together, something along the way didn't mesh right as was rumored.  or else, mccagnan could easily have been fired with bowles.  the initial plan was for mccagnan to stay.  gase is the new vunderkind/qb whisperer and cj listens to him now.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

He's the guy who got us Jamaal, Sam and Leveon and more.  Good with the cap. Had some bad misses, but overall, compared to other Jets GMs? I think he's above-average.

I really hope the circus isn't returning. I guess more than anything it was personality conflict?


DC

Guess who's the crazy one is in that relationship.

 

image.png.442896de1cbb6146adc9115ab40ba630.png

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

 

My take is Gase ran to the Johnson’s and put his cards on the table. “Him or me!”.

i agree that gase did something like this but mccagnan did get good FAs for the most part.  whether gase was pissed off that they didn't get another center, or that they paid too much for bell and/or mosley, this can and will be debated.  but FA was a result of poor drafting which didn't help mccagnan either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Meanwhile I'm sure theres security footage at the Blue Oyster Bar of you pop-locking to Living La Vida Loca back in 99'.  

Bitch, that was last week. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know one thing this power play just Confirms Gase is a very smart man as people say .. this kinda betrayal is top notch stuff lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smh. Vintage Jets. So I guess whenever they hire a new GM he’s gonna fire Gase. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, static14 said:

Curious to see who they can get to take the job.

They won’t. The year will go by and they will let him keep it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting tidbit from Chris Simms - said Maccagnan was 100% going to be fired by the Houston Texans before Casserly picked him to the the Jets GM.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am just thankful that Macc did not trade away any 2020 draft picks last month (althought it sounds like he may have tried).  At least our new GM will have a full complement of picks to play with.

Good point.  It should now take the new General ManagerS only four years to rebuild!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Gase is the Jamie Lannister of coaches 

And TomShane is little finger.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I'm shocked by the timing. Why didn't they do it when Bowles was canned ? Figured Macc was safe till next January.

I think they had no intention to fire Macc back then.   No way they think he's good enough to GM free agency and the draft but he's not good enough to GM the preseason.

The fire Macc idea is recent Gase-sh*t.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Interesting tidbit from Chris Simms - said Maccagnan was 100% going to be fired by the Houston Texans before Casserly picked him to the the Jets GM.

He’s a bitter twat and his son still sucks at quarterback. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

My guess is Gase gave them an ultimatum, either Mac goes or he goes. A lot harder to replace a HC at this point than a GM

A bunch of the tweets keep mentioning that “something went down” between Maccagnan/Heimerdinger and Gase—it would be interesting to hear what exactly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pac said:

Please..  you've been holding Shane's belt loop and following him around like a flea ridden mutt for years.

You and his "relationship" is one of the more grotesque things I've seen on the internet.

LMAO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Interesting tidbit from Chris Simms - said Maccagnan was 100% going to be fired by the Houston Texans before Casserly picked him to the the Jets GM.

lmfao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Master of the cap who gets us out of contracts after only 2 years for non-QBs, totally unlike every other GM!

I particularly used to enjoy that one.

And by “enjoy” Sperm means typing college  essay length posts completely obliterating posters who floated this notion.😂😂

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pac said:

Please..  you've been holding Shane's belt loop and following him around like a flea ridden mutt for years.

You and his "relationship" is one of the more grotesque things I've seen on the internet.

I didn’t know you could get WiFi  from a cage on the Mexican side of the Tijuana river?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, static14 said:

Curious to see who they can get to take the job.

Rumor is they are intersted in Joe Douglas -- personnel guy with the Eagles who overlapped with Gase in Chicago.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Im hearing Charley Casserly will be involved lockstep. 

I think they're hiring a search firm to work with their lawyer and accountant again to make this decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Gase is the Jamie Lannister of coaches 

Ruggedly handsome, loves his sister and has a metal hand? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...