Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, rammagen said:

if they wanted him they should have hired him them screw the eagles as they have the right to deny interview. So the timing doe snot make sense

Youre operating under the assumption that Douglas would make himself look bad in front of the NFL and cut himself out of a potential hire down the road.  

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jet Nut said:

Youre operating under the assumption that Douglas would make himself look bad in front of the NFL and cut himself out of a potential hire down the road.  

🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if gase didn't want to spend on bell or a center - then who?

He wanted Coleman .. lol kinda glad he only got his way 50% on this .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is entirely possible that the Jets didn't want to disrupt the draft process by firing the GM and putting all of that stress/etc. on the scouts so waited until after the draft. It's also possible that while Mac hasn't had the best drafting history, the team was giving him one last shot to have another decent one like last year and they didn't like what was produced. 

In either case, if we end up with the guy from philly and Jeremiah this will all be worth it. Get the two signed and in the building an nobody will be thinking about this come the summer. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽

I'm not hip to emoji alternate meanings. Are those circumcised penises? 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Yes, GM's have been fired after the draft, but I don't recall a situation where a HC was fired, GM was retained, who was brought in with original HC, new HC is hired with assistance of GM, and then a few months later GM was fired..... Maybe it has, but I don't recall it. I have no problem with the firing of Mac, should have been gone 2 years ago, and again this past end of season, the timing of this is insane.

think it happened in Buffalo not long ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre operating under the assumption that Douglas would make himself look bad in front of the NFL and cut himself out of a potential hire down the road.  

nope and you may be operating under the assumption Douglas would be the one to say no. The Eagles have the right to deny an interview or even postpone till after the season if they are still playing. It has happened in the past and will happen again in the future. 

most recently with Eagles in Jan with Douglas.  It seems like their denying him a chance with the Texans is not hurting him with Jets now is it?

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-prevent-texans-interviewing-rising-front-office-star

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Lith said:

 

Since when did he have a say? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just opened up Jet Nation and saw the exploding board. Wow man wow. Timing on this is crazy. Hopefully we’ll get the real scoop soon as to the details. I thought the draft this year was pretty decent aside from not addressing the O-line to protect Sam. I’m shocked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm not hip to emoji alternate meanings. Are those circumcised penises? 

i am not sure looks like corn to me

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm not hip to emoji alternate meanings. Are those circumcised penises? 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

 

I think that's funny and also I'm still confused. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Xtina said:

Heimerdinger? How did he get caught up in this? 

Mac obviously needed to go but not like this. And certainly not now! This power play be Gase is very concerning. He has no record of achievement to warrant this kind of power. 

So dysfunctional, always! They should have Fired Bowles and Mac together. Now a new GM is going to be saddled with a coach he didn’t choose? Gase’s stint as  GM is said to be temporary. Let’s hope 

youd think this guy had won multiple Super Bowls. Or one. Or went to the AFC championship. Or Ron the division. It had a winning record 

This is what’s super baffling about this whole ordeal. Why give the reigns to this squeaking runt when he’s done nothing to deserve it? He hasn’t had an offense in Miami that finished inside 25 and now he gets to call the shots! Anyone with half a brain knew he was a power hungry cock sucker coming in and now you’ve given him what he wanted. Kudos jets no plan in place shoot from the hip. This is the sign Tebow cause he’ll sell tickets thing all over again

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

What can I say? Its about friggin time. This coffee swilling not so bright look on his face douchebag was let go. I wish they did it when Bowles was let go but it is what it is. Now lets see who is brought in and what happens next.

We already know what's going to happen next.  We're Jets fans.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

He wanted Coleman .. lol kinda glad he only got his way 50% on this .. 

free agency is not like the draft, you don't just pick players and get them.  overpaying is also necessary.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just remember.   

If Gase ever wins anything....

He did it with Macc's guys.   😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

 

guess it’s not that outlandish after all . 

Not exactly an encouraging association of teams...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I see only positives in this.

McCoffee is GONE.

I was roundly critisized for saying that Mac DEFIANTLY did what he wanted in this years draft, and stubbornly adhered to his brain dead positional priorities and this bears this out. I mean Gase was not even there.

Also, it seems that Gase hated bidding against ourselves for Bell and signing Moseley. Both were bad moves so I applaud Gase for it 

The timing is fine. Mac should have been gone before now, but the draft was the last nail in the coffin. Selecting Williams was beyond idiotic.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

A bunch of the tweets keep mentioning that “something went down” between Maccagnan/Heimerdinger and Gase—it would be interesting to hear what exactly

Interesting and scary all in one.

It's fantastic that Mac was fired.  It's also frightening to think that Gase has this type of influence so quickly without any real credibility in the league other than Peyton Manning likes him and he was the Sean McVay before there was a Sean McVay.  He's actually shown to be a very divisive character who can alienate players and doesnt handle superstars egos well.  Clearly, he's not an easy person to work with and if he doesnt get his way, it's a toxic mess. 

On the other hand, it's kind of exciting to see because this franchise is such an utter disaster in every sense of the word that maybe a true egomaniac psychopath like Gase is exactly what is needed to rid this franchise of it's pathetic meandering.  I have a hard time seeing Adam Gase as the man who liberates this franchise but that might just be the Jets fan in me.  Reality is, we probably do need this type of a person to clean house and grab the Johnson's by the balls.

I'm suddenly excited to see how this works and cheering Gase on to break the Matrix.  He's our Neo. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Wow, I see only positives in this.

McCoffee is GONE.

I was roundly critisized for saying that Mac DEFIANTLY did what he wanted in this years draft, and stubbornly adhered to his brain dead positional priorities and this bears this out. I mean Gase was not even there.

Also, it seems that Gase hated bidding against ourselves for Bell and signing Moseley. Both were bad moves so I applaud Gase for it 

The timing is fine. Mac should have been gone before now, but the draft was the last nail in the coffin. Selecting Williams was beyond idiotic.

Mac lost me on Day 3.  If you are going to gamble on players, at least gamble on players where the need is very great, or who can at least play this year. 

There were better players to gamble on in rounds 4-7.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

It is entirely possible that the Jets didn't want to disrupt the draft process by firing the GM and putting all of that stress/etc. on the scouts so waited until after the draft. It's also possible that while Mac hasn't had the best drafting history, the team was giving him one last shot to have another decent one like last year and they didn't like what was produced. 

In either case, if we end up with the guy from philly and Jeremiah this will all be worth it. Get the two signed and in the building an nobody will be thinking about this come the summer. 

It’s worth it now.... MAC is a terrible GM.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JiF said:

 

On the other hand, it's kind of exciting to see because this franchise is such an utter disaster in every sense of the word that maybe a true egomaniac psychopath like Gase is exactly what is needed to rid this franchise of it's pathetic meandering.  I have a hard time seeing Adam Gase as the man who liberates this franchise but that might just be the Jets fan in me.  Reality is, we probably do need this type of a person to clean house and grab the Johnson's by the balls.

 

I agree, but this is exactly what Mangini was. Him and Woody hated each others guts and Mangini was fired for being a dick to Woody, among other things.. My worry is CJ fired Maccagnan because he couldnt fire Gase after just hiring him. I get the sense that CJ was blindsided on how irritable Gase's personality is- the total opposite of Bowles, a pushover. Either way, hopefully CJ is totally aligned with Gase and Gase knows what he's doing. If CJ meddles Gase will just quit,

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Timing of GM/EVP firings ...

4/30/17: Bills fire Doug Whaley THEY HIRED BRANDON BEANE WHO IS IN CHARGE AND HAS THIS TEAM ON THE RIGHT TRACK
6/22/17: Chiefs fire John Dorsey YES AND THEY HAD ANDY REID TO CARRY THE REIGNS 
7/17/17: Panthers fire Dave Gettleman 
12/7/17: Browns fire Sashi Brown AND THEY HIRED JOHN DORSEY.  HE'S IN CHARGE.
12/10/18: Raiders fire Reggie McKenzie THEY'RE THE RAIDERS!
12/31/18: Dolphins fire Mike Tannenbaum  THEY'RE THE DOLPHINS!
5/15/19: Jets fire Mike Maccagnan THEY'RE THE JETS!  THEY WILL HIRE SOME PUTZ WHO, ALONG WITH THE EMPEROR AND WHO KNOWS WHO ELSE, WILL REPORT TO JOHNSON.  SO NO ONE WILL BE IN CHARGE. 

NO ADULT IN THE ROOM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ownership was never going to look good coming out of this, even if they'd fired him back in January.  We have 2 of the worst owners in sports.

But Macc needed to go by whatever means necessary.  Hiring a guy Gase is comfortable with is far better than letting the owners hand-pick the GM and start the process all over again.  Gase can't be any worse than the Johnson's at running this ship. 

I never disliked Macc as much as some of you did, but this offseason when he ignored the C and ER position in FA and to a lesser extent after seeing his draft this year, I realized it was time for him to go. As far as Gase, I wasn't crazy about the hire, but he's the HC of my team, so I got on board.

After what happened today, the Johnson's are not going to hire a GM that their new HC doesn't approve of. There is no way the Jets will take the chance that the two new hires clash. So like it or not, and I'm not crazy about it, this is all about Gase and him becoming the de facto head of the Jets organization going forward.

I'm also very interested to see how this affects players like Lee and L. Williams going forward. They were Macc's guys, and he might have been hesitant to cut or trade his former #1 picks. Now all bets could be off...

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Elite level” gm candidates? The **** is that? There are 32 of these jobs in the world- most never come open. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

 

This isn't gonna be fun...

translation:  my buddy jeremiah ain't coming if gase has power over him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Timing of GM/EVP firings ...

4/30/17: Bills fire Doug Whaley THEY HIRED BRANDON BEANE WHO IS IN CHARGE AND HAS THIS TEAM ON THE RIGHT TRACK
6/22/17: Chiefs fire John Dorsey YES AND THEY HAD ANDY REID TO CARRY THE REIGNS 
7/17/17: Panthers fire Dave Gettleman 
12/7/17: Browns fire Sashi Brown AND THEY HIRED JOHN DORSEY.  HE'S IN CHARGE.
12/10/18: Raiders fire Reggie McKenzie THEY'RE THE RAIDERS!
12/31/18: Dolphins fire Mike Tannenbaum  THEY'RE THE DOLPHINS!
5/15/19: Jets fire Mike Maccagnan THEY'RE THE JETS!  THEY WILL HIRE SOME PUTZ WHO, ALONG WITH THE EMPEROR AND WHO KNOWS WHO ELSE, WILL REPORT TO JOHNSON.  SO NO ONE WILL BE IN CHARGE. 

NO ADULT IN THE ROOM.

So Macc was the adult in the room? You're embarrassing yourself. Take the L and move on with your life.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Either way, hopefully CJ is totally aligned with Gase and Gase knows what he's doing. If CJ meddles Gase will just quit,

This is the hope. That CJ gets that Gase is a psychopath and he's on board, nonetheless. No reason for him to give a crap because he signs the checks. Just wants someone to light a fire under this lifeless team. We'll soon see how much power Gase is wielding once the new front office is hired. We'll see, part two, if Gregg Williams is let go at the end of the season. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The timing of this is straight out as bad as can be? Why didn't they fire this Yahoo when they canned toilet? That would have been the best time. But in the end, I'm happy. Mike Maccagnan was a bottom tier GM for us. He simply did not know how to draft talent and the current status of the Jets proves that out. As Jamal so eloquently stated at the end of the season, we need more dawgs. Hopefully, with a new GM the Jets can now chase down the dawgs Jamal has in mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I never disliked Macc as much as some of you did, but this offseason when he ignored the C and ER position in FA and to a lesser extent after seeing his draft this year, I realized it was time for him to go. As far as Gase, I wasn't crazy about the hire, but he's the HC of my team, so I got on board.

After what happened today, the Johnson's are not going to hire a GM that their new HC doesn't approve of. There is no way the Jets will take the chance that the two new hires clash. So like it or not, and I'm not crazy about it, this is all about Gase and him becoming the de facto head of the Jets organization going forward.

I'm also very interested to see how this affects players like Lee and L. Williams going forward. They were Macc's guys, and he might have been hesitant to cut or trade his former #1 picks. Now all bets could be off...

Hopefully trades start to happen to strengthen other positions of need.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

It’s worth it now.... MAC is a terrible GM.   

Correction....WAS, with a footnote of "NEVER will be one again".  In fact if I ran any NFL organization I wouldn't give him the job of a scout.

Maccagnan is luckier than most lottery winners.  Guy basically stole money for 5 years.  I'm fully confident that if ANY poster on this site had Maccagnan's job over the last 5 years the Roster would have been in much better shape.  The only thing to thank Maccagnan for is that he was so bad the Jets were able to luck into a Franchise QB...finally.

Good riddance...I don't like seeing anyone lose their job, but this was warranted a long long time ago.  Besides, the guy cashed millions in paychecks when anyone sitting at the end of a dive bar could have done a better job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZUw8LYOQ-g

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...