Mac fired!

2 hours ago, freestater said:

Gase is single handedly responsible for the resurgent measles outbreak too

I didn't know that !!!

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!  

Just another reason not to like this Miami deep state Mole!!

Link???????????????????????????????????????????

Wise Guy...! :) 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Hmm ?

If that's how it really shook out, that's definitely very curious.  If true, the only guess I would have is Johnson (and whomever else was involved in these decisions) thought Bowles was simply covering his own ass with anything said against Maccagnan at that point.  Then I'd imagine Gase was saying all of the same exact things Bowles had, which when coming from a different source starts to carry a little more weight.

Definitely weird, but if that's what it eventually took to make this happen then so be it.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Augustiniak said:

if cj fired bowles why would he trust bowles' opinion on anyone else?

Bowles was fired because of things on the field and in the locker room.

Maybe CJ didn't believe Bowles when he fired him but then saw the same things himself and was hearing it from Gase over the past few months.

Just speculating on a possibility.

43 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I can also speculate that possibly hearing the same things from Gase that he heard from Bowles led him to realize that there had to be truth to it.

Yeah this is basically what I was getting at, but I guess I didn't word myself well.

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Josina is BFF with Bowles. I’m glad Bowles is finally taking his shots here, sh*tty though he was

The national media is going to be anti-Jet now as they're overwhelmingly pro-player (Le'veon) and anti type A guys without the resume to back it up. A 180 turn in spotlight from Mac and Bowles, where the Jets were irrelevant. 

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The national media is going to be anti-Jet now as they're overwhelmingly pro-player (Le'veon) and anti type A guys without the resume to back it up. A 180 turn in spotlight from Mac and Bowles, where the Jets were irrelevant. 

the duplicity here is that if the jets had fired mccagnan when they fired bowles nobody around the nfl would care, b/c that's when everyone else was being fired.  now all of a sudden it's a big story, even though mccagnan has been rumored to be on the 'hot seat' since the season ended, and he was recently voted one of the worst gms in the league.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Same thing when the Jets had Rex

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

the duplicity here is that if the jets had fired mccagnan when they fired bowles nobody around the nfl would care, b/c that's when everyone else was being fired.  now all of a sudden it's a big story, even though mccagnan has been rumored to be on the 'hot seat' since the season ended, and he was recently voted one of the worst gms in the league.

Yes, this is true - but he was fired for all the wrong reasons.  

Firing him with Bowles would have been the right move.  You don't let a guy spend $100+mm and run a draft with #3 overall - if you didn't have faith in him.

CJ didn't fire him for incompetence - he was fired because Gase bullied him into it. 

And that's the problem here.

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This is where a Jeremiah hire (with Douglas) would do a world of good for Gase and the Jets because Jeremiah would be a really good spokesperson for the team besides. They’ll whack at Gase because Gase isn’t going to entertain it, but if you placate them with a few coherent sound bytes once a week, the coverage will calm down. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

This is where a Jeremiah hire (with Douglas) would do a world of good for Gase and the Jets because Jeremiah would be a really good spokesperson for the team besides. They’ll whack at Gase because Gase isn’t going to entertain it, but if you placate them with a few coherent sound bytes once a week, the coverage will calm down. 

Do you feel that there is some kind of deal here in place already? Shouldn't there be a handshake agreement? It has to be. Right?

And are they about to get Barr'ed?

BTW, talking heads here in Philly are already saying the Eagles need to give Douglas any title that he wants to stay, and give him final say on all personnel.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, slats said:

I don't think it's weird at all. CJ probably didn't know who to believe between his meek head coach and his meek GM, but didn't like the product on the field and decided that at least the head coach had to go. Then he hires a raging madman to replace the head coach because he feels that's what the team needs, and the new raging madman is very clear that the GM is doing things wrong and all of a sudden it's very clear to CJ, too. Bowles planting the seed probably made it easier to make the move now rather than wait until the end of the season. 

Good take. Could easily see this being the truth.

But why Heimerdinger too?

20 minutes ago, slats said:

I don't think it's weird at all. CJ probably didn't know who to believe between his meek head coach and his meek GM, but didn't like the product on the field and decided that at least the head coach had to go. Then he hires a raging madman to replace the head coach because he feels that's what the team needs, and the new raging madman is very clear that the GM is doing things wrong and all of a sudden it's very clear to CJ, too. Bowles planting the seed probably made it easier to make the move now rather than wait until the end of the season. 

not to mention, there has been enough written and spoken by the local and national media that mccagnan is a big part of the problem.  so when you hear it from inside and outside, and you've already committed to gase, there was only one option left.

26 minutes ago, slats said:

Well, in fairness, saying it was "weird" was simply me coming up with a nice way to say that Chris Johnson is a complete moron for needing multiple people to tell him things that were blatantly obvious to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Do you feel that there is some kind of deal here in place already? Shouldn't there be a handshake agreement? It has to be. Right?

BTW, talking heads here in Philly are already saying the Eagles need to give Douglas any title that he wants to stay, and give him final say on all personnel.

These are the Jets, Scott. They're going to hire a longtime personnel executive who's been around winning organizations his whole life (save one aberrational two-year lapse), who's currently working for the Jaguars.

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

Hopefully because they have a handshake agreement with someone in place, that already has some of his people in tow. That way, the new person does not have any blood on his hands at that level.

So, I am sure this is not the case.

21 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

If he really wants the job but is blocked, can he simply resign and take the jets job the next day?

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

If he really wants the job but is blocked, can he simply resign and take the jets job the next day?

As long as the Jets are willing to give him control of the 53 man roster, I don't think the Eagles can block him. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, CTM said:

Something to do with Gase again, no doubt. I'm hoping that they have the guys they want already in line. 

I also think Heimerdinger was mythologized a bit around here. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’ll be interesting to see where Maccagnan lands. I’m sure he banked ~$3 million with the Jets, so he could probably retire.

He also got an extension after last season, so he’s making bank as a fired employee now too. Through at least this time next season I bet. 

• Upvote 1

hey as far as I'm concerned, better late than never. And if Gase did convince CJ, more power to him.

Mac sucked. As noted earlier getting ZERO starters from rounds 2-7 in your drafting career as a Jet is well deserving of a firing. Honestly, a monkey could have drafted better. That's why we have to over pay for a jerk like leveon and that LB who is very good but not worth his salary

2 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’m just putting perspective/rationale behind why they waited. Mac is so bad that ANYTIME is a good time to get rid of him. Maybe you misunderstood my stance. I hate Mac more than anyone but try to be fair or provide other points of view. He is scum though. 

I actually see this as a watershed moment.  The casting out of Charlie C.  What a pair of losers.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, this is true - but he was fired for all the wrong reasons.  

Firing him with Bowles would have been the right move.  You don't let a guy spend $100+mm and run a draft with #3 overall - if you didn't have faith in him.

CJ didn't fire him for incompetence - he was fired because Gase bullied him into it. 

And that's the problem here.

CJ fired him because Gase finally convinced CJ that Maccagnan is terrible at his job.  No one "bullies" a billionaire. 

I don't care how it happened.  It happened.  And its good that it happened now rather than later. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

CJ fired him because Gase finally convinced CJ that Maccagnan is terrible at his job. 

I don't care how it happened.  It happened.  And its good that it happened now rather than later. 

Mac going is a good thing - even putting the fact that I think Gase is a disaster aside. 

My true and long term concern is CJ has no F-in idea what he's doing - and the way he handled this situation makes that unquestionable.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

If the Jets show some life, win some  early games, make playoff push -  the media will LOVE this story...

But if they start out slow - look out. The media will be ready to pounce at first blood.

They better start out fast or it can get ugly very quickly.

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Mac going is a good thing - even putting the fact that I think Gase is a disaster aside. 

My true and long term concern is CJ has no F-in idea what he's doing - and the way he handled this situation makes that unquestionable.

CJ definitely has no clue what he's doing, which is why it was high time someone else gets handed the power, even if he's a lunatic like Adam Gase. 

• Upvote 2