Mac fired!

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

If the right person or persons were in place to orchestrate a good search and make a good pick  - this would be good news.

Alas  - we have the Lucky Sperm Club addle pates to go forward with this.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

I'm done with this team.  This has to be the worst move in franchise history, if for no other reason than timing.  It makes no sense whatsoever.  I thought there was hope with Chris Johnson but clearly there isn't any hope.  The clown show is back in town!

Who is Gase going to argue with now???  Himself???  If Greg Williams argues, Gase will just fire him.  I'm truly speechless.

Did you forget about the new uniforms?

• Haha 2

We all know the arguments for and against Macc.  IMO, he was mediocre.  Not as bad as some argue but he certainly wasn't a very good GM.

If we listed his Top 5 accomplishments against his Top 5 failures I think we'd simply see that it was the magnitude of the failures that outweigh the positives.  His successful draft picks are almost exclusively isolated to the 1st round with a couple exceptions.  He has executed some pretty poor FA deals like Crowell, T. Johnson (so far), and he overpaid Revis.  I think his best moves were in the trade arena....Brandon Marshall, Henry Anderson, Kelechi Osemele all look to have been very good trades for 5th, 6th, 7th round type picks.  All starters.  The trade up for Darnold was quite astute but required a little luck (thank you Cleveland and the Giants).

The future is now.  This is clearly Adam Gase's team.....who would have ever thought that just 5 months ago?!?!?!?!?  There's no doubt Gase will be HEAVILY involved in the GM hiring.

• Upvote 2

Now that the euphoria is dying down after my initial reaction, which was pure elation, reality has set in and  I realize that my team just fired their GM AFTER the draft and AFTER he signed 100 million dollars worth of FA's!  If this timing doesn't qualify as the Jetsiest of Jetsy moves then I don't know what does.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DMan77 said:

This is such a mess. More laughs at the Jets expense.

I know people are happy but don’t get too excited until you see what the plan is here... If there is one... We might have just fallen further into a hole.

The night is darkest before the dawn, my friend.  This is a good day. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

It’s going to be Joe Douglas, whom Gase wants. This release is just to make it look like they didn’t knife Maccagnan to bring in the coach’s guy

Id be so f*cking happy.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

They waited this long to fire Macc, why not wait a few more days and agree to terms with a replacement at the same time? 

You don't formally hire someone before you fire the person he is replacing.

That would be even a bigger clown show then we have now.

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

It’s going to be Joe Douglas, whom Gase wants. This release is just to make it look like they didn’t knife Maccagnan to bring in the coach’s guy

not to mention, didn't chris say that they were trying to model developing darnold and get weapons around him like the eagles did for wentz?  

• Upvote 2