Just got out of a work training and holy smokes.  Long live Gase, am I right?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

He should have been fired with Bowles. But it's never to late to realize a mistake. Props to Chris Johnson for growing a pair

This is the correct perspective. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

This is bad news for leveon bell.

This was a huge point of friction btwn gase and mac.  Gase does not want players like bell. He made that clear in miami.

Bell tells mac anything he wants to hear b4 signing the contract.  Mac tells gase,”Adam, he gave me his word.  He is even going to show for the involuntary stuff.”

Bell no shows.  Gase furious.  Mac pathetic.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Had to be the plan was to keep him but the he and Gase clashed.  Just my guess.
Or....it was always the plan to fire him and they didnt want to do it until after the draft was over. Either way odd timing to me.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s going to be Joe Douglas, whom Gase wants. This release is just to make it look like they didn’t knife Maccagnan to bring in the coach’s guy

I don't know the Philly guy.  We need to hire a guy who has a history of being involved in some good drafts.  Neither Idzik or Macc had this on their resume and we hired them anyway.  Let's get it right this time!

• Upvote 1

It was the green helmets. 

SAR I

• Haha 2

Clown ass organization doing it now, but glad it’s fine. Tired of beating this drum. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Just got out of a work training and holy smokes.  Long live Gase, am I right?

Even if Gase ends up a train wreck, I'll be eternally grateful to him for ridding us of Mike Maccagnan. 

• Upvote 4

Cant wait for the real story to come out..  the timing of this is so incredibly stupid it defies all logic.

Chris Johnson looks like a blithering idiot..  wow.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

I dont have an issue with firing Mac. But Adam Gase is now going to be placed with a GM who didnt pick him AND you just let Mac spend 100m and run the draft. Unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

so this is my WTF moment of the year.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If you're not going to fire a GM in January, you have to wait till after the draft.

Get the new GM in here and give him the time to replace all the scouts.  Then we can head into the 2020 draft ready to go.

While he should have gotten fired in January, this was the next best option.  The timing is not nearly as bad as people here are saying.

he spent 100mil and ran the draft.  the only time to do it was before all this if you had any reservations about Mac

• Upvote 2

Just now, Pac said:

Cant wait for the real story to come out..  the timing of this is so incredibly stupid it defies all logic.

when they fired bowles and hired gase, it was as if mccagnan was on probation, not only for his FA and draft but for his ability to agree with gase.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bruce Harper said:

I don't know the Philly guy.  We need to hire a guy who has a history of being involved in some good drafts.  Neither Idzik or Macc had this on their resume and we hired them anyway.  Let's get it right this time!

Philly drafts (and this may or may not represent Douglas) are ok.They are some good and bad (line everyone else). Not afraid to take risks.

The manage the cap very, very effectively. They play the compensation game extremely smartly.

That is a quick thumbnail.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This was a huge point of friction btwn gase and mac.  Gase does not want players like bell. He made that clear in miami.

Bell tells mac anything he wants to hear b4 signing the contract.  Mac tells gase,”Adam, he gave me his word.  He is even going to show for the involuntary stuff.”

Whether either of them likes it or not, Bell will be here thru 2020, as will Gase.  They'll find a way to make it work. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Hahahahahahaha

• Upvote 3
  • Butt Fumble 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The issue was not with signing bell . It was what to pay bell . Gase realize we where bidding vs ourselves.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

I dont have an issue with firing Mac. But Adam Gase is now going to be placed with a GM who didnt pick him AND you just let Mac spend 100m and run the draft. Unreal.

seems like the rumor is that he'll be paired with Douglas who he likes so that would be good.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I’m ecstatic Mac is gone but holy **** this organization is ass backwards. If you were going to fire him, it should have been with Bowles. 

Let the new GM hire the coach, sign FA, and draft players. 

Keeping him is after firing Bowles is one thing. To fire him his quickly is even more disorganized than if they did it after the season. We once again look like a freak show with high turnover.

He should have fired him with Bowles plain and simple but at this point, I’m just happy he is done destroying this team so I’ll take it. 

1 minute ago, CTM said:

It truly is absurd.

As has been said by many people, the Johnsons are and always have been the issue here. Glad Mac is gone but it should've happenned with Bowles. 

Obviously not multitaskers.

Hiring a GM and coach at the same time, too much bandwidth required.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

It looks  like the plan is to hire Gates friend the eagles . To be the gm

• Upvote 1

I hope he got fired for not bringing in a center. That would cement the organization's belief in the kid and give notice to anyone who is not looking out for his best interests.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Evan just read the statement, Interm GM Adam Gase!

24 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Just saw it SNY. Carry on. Haha

I did not bat an eye.  Prime GM firing time IMHO. Before he does any more damage.

• Upvote 3

I mean..  has a GM ever been fired right after FA and the draft? 

When did Gase become Belichick?  

Oh well..  thanks for some of the great moves Macc Man!

Hopefully Gase doesn't f this up.

I would bet we have a new GM before June 1st cuts.

Until then, there's not much to do other then rotate the bottom of the 90 man roster.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

This is such a mess. More laughs at the Jets expense.

I know people are happy but don’t get too excited until you see what the plan is here... If there is one... We might have just fallen further into a hole.

Plan???  What plan???  

Chances are the Johnsons are going to hire a search firm to partner with their attorney and accountant to pick the next GM.  I think Idzik is available.  Who would take this job?  Whomever it is will be forced to work with Gase and not have his own guy.  Play the clown music!  So in two years Gase will be fired and the new GM will pick his guy (haha, like the Johnsons ever let a football guy pick a football guy) and they will clear the roster of the previous regimes players.  And on and on we go!  

• Haha 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

I'm speculating like everyone else but it seems pretty clear that FA set the table and the draft was the straw that broke the camel's back.  That is why Macc was fired now vs. January. Also explains Heimerdinger getting canned with him...

• Upvote 2

Part of me is happy b/c I think the firing should have happened after last season, but the timing is bizarre.  And I'm not at all happy with Gase running the show.

Who in the world would want to be GM of this soap opera?  I guess we'll find out.

Eagles VP of Player Personnel Joe Douglas is believed to be the front-runner for the Jets' general-manager vacancy.

Douglas has been with the Eagles since 2016. He spent 2015 with the Bears alongside Adam Gase, who was Chicago's offensive coordinator that season and is now the Jets' head coach. The two reportedly have a strong relationship, something Gase and now-fired GM Mike Maccagnan didn't have in New York. Whoever gets the GM job knows Gase has plenty of power with the Jets.

from rotoworld

• Upvote 3