3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is bad news for leveon bell.

This was a huge point of friction btwn gase and mac.  Gase does not want players like bell. He made that clear in miami.

Bell tells mac anything he wants to hear b4 signing the contract.  Mac tells gase,”Adam, he gave me his word.  He is even going to show for the involuntary stuff.”

Bell no shows.  Gase furious.  Mac pathetic.

Bell is too good a player for this forced marriage not to work, at least for the short term.

• Upvote 3

Good move. Strange timing.

Sounds like a personal situation. #MeToo type deal?

Just now, Scoop24 said:

It looks  like the plan is to hire Gates friend the eagles .

Gase will not be GM.  But someone he respects will be.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

It looks  like the plan is to hire Gates friend the eagles . To be the gm

you have to wonder how long this plan was in effect and to what extent gase had influence in FA given that he probably knew his guy was going to come in after the draft.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

I mean..  has a GM ever been fired right after FA and the draft? 

When did Gase become Belichick?  

Oh well..  thanks for some of the great moves Macc Man!

Hopefully Gase doesn't f this up. 

You never disappoint. 

Today is awesome.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Bruce Harper said:

Bell is too good a player for this forced marriage not to work, at least for the short term.

this sounds like supposition. No?

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Eagles VP of Player Personnel Joe Douglas is believed to be the front-runner for the Jets' general-manager vacancy.

Douglas has been with the Eagles since 2016. He spent 2015 with the Bears alongside Adam Gase, who was Chicago's offensive coordinator that season and is now the Jets' head coach. The two reportedly have a strong relationship, something Gase and now-fired GM Mike Maccagnan didn't have in New York. Whoever gets the GM job knows Gase has plenty of power with the Jets.

from rotoworld

Let's goooooooooooooooooooo

• Upvote 3

The dysfunction of this organization never ceases to amaze me. Unbelievable.

Of course this is long overdue. The timing is hilariously bad, even by our standards.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I dont have an issue with firing Mac. But Adam Gase is now going to be placed with a GM who didnt pick him AND you just let Mac spend 100m and run the draft. Unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Or he is going to be placed with a GM that wants to work with him. 

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is bad news for leveon bell.

This was a huge point of friction btwn gase and mac.  Gase does not want players like bell. He made that clear in miami.

Bell tells mac anything he wants to hear b4 signing the contract.  Mac tells gase,”Adam, he gave me his word.  He is even going to show for the involuntary stuff.”

Bell no shows.  Gase furious.  Mac pathetic.

Disagree. A pass-catching back in an offense featuring a young QB and a shaky OL is going to get dozens of bubble screens tossed his way. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

you have to wonder how long this plan was in effect and to what extent gase had influence in FA given that he probably knew his guy was going to come in after the draft.

Cannot fire the scouting staff before the draft.  Now they can.  First you lop off the head of their chief.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

You never disappoint. 

Today is awesome.

eh, I dislike Mac as much as anyone but this is some differently abled sh*t if I've ever seen it and does not look good for ownership imo

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Mike Maccagnan left Sam Darnold exposed behind an offensive line that could get him seriously injured. He was running for his life most of last season. To me, that alone is more than enough to terminate him. 

I'm okay with the firing, it's just the timing and seeming lack of any kind of a plan that's making me cringe so much right now.

I want to think they were waiting for something else to fall into place or line up and that's what took them so long here... But? Why would I think that?

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

My only major concern is the message this sends to current and recent Draft picks and Free Agents acquired by the Jets.  Do all of these look at themselves and say, "They just fired the guy for picking me in the Draft?"

I sincerely doubt any of them really give a sh*t. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CTM said:

eh, I dislike Mac as much as anyone but this is some differently abled sh*t if I've ever seen it and does not look good for ownership imo

Ownership doesn't care what looks or doesn't look good. They can't be fired.

• Upvote 3

The Jets are idiots and let me explain why.

if you were going to fire Maccagnan, it should of been done before you went searching for a HC. Now you have to match a GM with the HC. It’s not a professional process. Lol you are going to have to OKAY it with Gase when you hire one and you’ll have to OKAY it with the new GM that Gase is his guy. 

Now what happens when discord sets in? 

Who goes? Who stays?

they permanently F-d that situation up bc now Gase isn’t linked to the GM like Bowles wasn’t linked to Maccagnan. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1
  • Like 1

I felt pretty good about our roster but now I don’t being the HC and owner look at it and score to fire the guy who put it together.

Is Sam going to die?  Do we have enough CB’s?

Thank you Mac for Sam Darnold.  Unfortunately for a GM it all comes down ultimately to the draft. And outside of top 6 gimme picks you just missed too much and didn’t fill the needs of the new NFL. I was always your biggest supporter, until this recent draft when I saw the same roster holes before and after the draft, again.

hes a good person, great guy, wish him the best- he’ll be sought after in other roles

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Or he is going to be placed with a GM that wants to work with him. 

Oh good. Because Adam Gase has such a solid track record of winning, he deserves the front office he desires.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

22 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This is beyond foolish. Fire Mac and hand the keys to the franchise to Adam Gase???

Why is everyone over looking the fact that Gase is "acting gm" and they are actively looking for a new GM?   

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Why let him spend $100m and draft then fire him? Backwards organization 

Yep, but I'll take it!

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Matthew007b said:

Wow... emoji50.png The relationship must of been toxic. Now the coach has to deal with trades and contracts on top of coaching..?

Sent from my G8142 using JetNation.com mobile app

Most of the work for 2019 is done.  If anything, Gase will be tweaking things, looking for some role players and depth from other team's cuts.  I'm not sure we'll see a major trade until the new GM is in place.  JMHO.

• Upvote 2