So either Gase is the GM or another shotgun marriage, why would we expect this to work? Stupid owners

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’ve stated before that Mac clearly wasn’t behind the hire of Gase. Gase obviously knew or found out. Add that to the fact that Mac didn’t get the players Gase wanted in the free agency or draft and this was all said and done.

Gase pulled a real power move here. This is his team now. Big dog, alpha move. It’s all on him now. Gase will have probably have final say over personnel when the new gm is hired, just like he did in Miami. 

This is exactly the kind of guy this organization has needed since Parcells. No bs, killer instinct to win, put it all on me. Now, let’s see what he can do. His new gm hire will buy him a couple of years to get this done.

I’ll tell you what though. You don’t give this kind of power to a HC unless you’re super bowl caliber team (or the insanely hapless Bengals). Lets hope Gase is more Pete Carrol/Belichick than Marvin Lewis.

I am going to agree because Gase is an Alpha in his mind. He had no qualms with fighting with ownership on the Dolphins and he wants things his way. Just watching him with the NY media (and his squabbles in Miami) and how uncomfortable he looks talking to those swine and sitting through prepared conferences. He wants to be on the field coaching with the guys that he wants and not in pressers. He also has no patience for what he deems incompetence. Everything else to him is bullsh*t. 

Now if that translates to success in this organization of course remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

I'm so tired of ownership doing things ass-backwards.  THE GM HIRES THE COACH, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

We have a great franchise QB, but this team might never get anywhere because of their idiotic owners.

they have no one to be an interim GM.  So Gase is it

5 minutes ago, sackdance said:

There's a clear upside to putting all the eggs in Gase's basket. Credit and blame will be self-evident. We could use that. And should we have to start anew ... we simply clear the decks, a la the post-Coughlin Giants. 

Boy, the NFL is a tough racket.

Don't disagree with this at all.

I don't have a problem with one guy being in charge - my big problem is the way the Jets handled it.

3 minutes ago, MasterChiefJets said:

I am going to agree because Gase is an Alpha in his mind. He had no qualms with fighting with ownership on the Dolphins and he wants things his way. Just watching him with the NY media (and his squabbles in Miami) and how uncomfortable he looks talking to those swine and sitting through prepared conferences. He wants to be on the field coaching with the guys that he wants and not in pressers. He also has no patience for what he deems incompetence. Everything else to him is bullsh*t. 

Now if that translates to success in this organization of course remains to be seen.

I'll go on record saying 2 of the 3 are gone next year... due to having a personality:

Robby Anderson, Lev Bell, Jamal Adams.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

It means Gase has been given Bill Belichick status....the GM will report to the Head coach.

Exactly what has Adam Gase won to deserve this?  The right way to do this is you hire a GM, and the GM hires the coach and reports to the coach.  The Johnsons aren't smart enough to admit what they don't know.

Exactly what did belichick do before going to NE that said he deserved to be given Parcells power?

And is they hire someone like Douglas who's accomplished with an impressive resume why would he take the job to be second fiddle

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

Say what you want, the Jets hierarchy isn’t working. The HC should not have a open line to the the owner. There needs to be a football operations guy who is analyzing the GM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which is why CJ changed that system.  They're using the traditional reporting system

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Exactly what did belichick do before going to NE that said he deserved to be given Parcells power?

And is they hire someone like Douglas who's accomplished with an impressive resume why would he take the job to be second fiddle

So we're banking our hopes on Gase being the next Belichick?  Seriously?

Gase will not be the Jets long term GM.  That would be insanity. They're going to bring in a guy who Gase knows well and sees eye-to-eye with (a la Douglas).  They will be conjoined.  Yes, they did it backwards, but we're getting the same result in the end, which is Coach & GM mutually agreeing to work with each other in a cohesive effort.  

One thing is clear, Gase no longer has a scapegoat here.  He is the reason Macc is out.  If Gase stinks, Gase will obviously get the blame.  If the new GM that Gase hand-picks stinks, Gase will also get the blame.  This is what he wanted.  

2 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

Gase will not be the Jets long term GM.  That would be insanity. They're going to bring in a guy who Gase knows well and sees eye-to-eye with (a la Douglas).  They will be conjoined.  Yes, they did it backwards, but we're getting the same result in the end, which is Coach & GM mutually agreeing to work with each other in a cohesive effort.  

One thing is clear, Gase no longer has a scapegoat here.  He is the reason Macc is out.  If Gase stinks, Gase will obviously get the blame.  If the new GM that Gase hand-picks stinks, Gase will also get the blame.  This is what he wanted.  

It's NOT the same end result.  It's a puppet situation now.  Gase has been given Belichick-like power.  It would have been better to get a real, strong GM and then have Gase report to him, instead of the other way around.

56 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The Dolphins were terrible under Gase - this is the last thing this team needs.

IDK about terrible, if anything they over-achieved.  The one season he had a healthy QB they went to the playoffs and only lost because Matt Moore stinks.  I think the Dolphins under Gase always played hard and often gave the Pats fits.  We haven't had a coach who had a pulse since Rex was canned, now we have two Gase and Williams who are equally insane enough to get along with each other.   Lets stop complaining and give these guys a chance - you dont get a third chance in the NFL so if Gase doesnt win here he's done, With two nut jobs running the show I believe we will see a fired up team that plays like their lives depend on it.   I stand by my 11-5 prediction and wish Mac luck as a scout in the XFL.

• WTF? 1

24 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

So we're banking our hopes on Gase being the next Belichick?  Seriously?

We're banking our hopes on him being competent and able to meet challenges, as we would any new hire.  

Being the next Belichick isn't a job requirement for any hire in the NFL. And for the record, being the next Lombardi wasn't part of Belichick's job description 20 years ago, either.

3 minutes ago, sackdance said:

We're banking our hopes on him being competent and able to meet challenges, as we would any new hire.  

Being the next Belichick isn't a job requirement for any hire in the NFL. And for the record, being the next Lombardi wasn't part of Belichick's job description 20 years ago, either.

Gase is HC material, he's not GM material.  He's being asked to do too much with this new setup.

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

I love it.

After clamoring for years that the Jets need to fire Macc...the Jets fire Macc...and then seconds later there's a thread about how it was stupid to fire Macc.

Only Jets fans...

Macc deserved to be fired. But why wait until AFTER he handles the draft and spends $100M (whatever the number is) in free-agency?!

THAT is the issue!

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

It's NOT the same end result.  It's a puppet situation now.  Gase has been given Belichick-like power.  It would have been better to get a real, strong GM and then have Gase report to him, instead of the other way around.

Do these real, strong GMs grow on trees? 

I'll say this, the Giants cleared the decks and brought Gettleman and Shurmer on board. Sterling resumes everywhere, appealing organizational structure, everyone on the same page ... and the net result is that they're a team barely treading water as it watches the ship it fell off of disappear over the horizon. 

The Jets organizational structure just got simpler. And most agree we're entering this season with better coaching. Not a bad day, in my opinion.

• WTF? 1

He scraped the system Woody had left him. 

Ok, the change isn’t working. Again the problem is they don’t have the top guy overseeing the operations. It’s flawed and now they may hire guys that are close to the HC. The never ending circle jerk continues.

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes I'm saying people missed that they changed that system.  Was reported

Not sure about that. They were just talking on FAN about questioning Macc & CJ when Gase was hired that reporting structure was staying the same as it was with Bowles (both GM & coach reporting directly to owner).

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’ve stated before that Mac clearly wasn’t behind the hire of Gase. Gase obviously knew or found out. Add that to the fact that Mac didn’t get the players Gase wanted in the free agency or draft and this was all said and done.

Gase pulled a real power move here. This is his team now. Big dog, alpha move. It’s all on him now. Gase will have probably have final say over personnel when the new gm is hired, just like he did in Miami. 

This is exactly the kind of guy this organization has needed since Parcells. No bs, killer instinct to win, put it all on me. Now, let’s see what he can do. His new gm hire will buy him a couple of years to get this done.

I’ll tell you what though. You don’t give this kind of power to a HC unless you’re super bowl caliber team (or the insanely hapless Bengals). Lets hope Gase is more Pete Carrol/Belichick than Marvin Lewis.

the difference is Parcells came with a proven track record and gase is sub 500....not the right hire and really not the correct move at all. You should have gotten rid of Mac with the coach period end of story. not after free agency and the draft. what morons. Now everything is on gase bad start players it is all on gase there is no breathing room for errors

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetmech said:

Ok, the change isn’t working. Again the problem is they don’t have the top guy overseeing the operations. It’s flawed and now they may hire guys that are close to the HC. The never ending circle jerk continues.

Macc wasn't fired because of the reporting system.  It was over either a disagreement with Gase or like to been reported with Heimerdinger.  

Either way most wanted this and it happened. 

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

Not sure about that. They were just talking on FAN about questioning Macc & CJ when Gase was hired that reporting structure was staying the same as it was with Bowles (both GM & coach reporting directly to owner).

As I said it was reported.  Not from day one, the report was they intended on keeping things the way they were with Woody and the. Chris changed his mind.  So the keeping things the same reports would have been correct at the time 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Never said that did I?  Given they're hiring a GM I don't get the whining

Oh I get the whining. Considering when this news broke - I went straight to WFAN podcasts to hear Joe & Evan digest this news live. They sounded like they were in physical pain, overreacting like the bitches they are. 

And that stuff seeps into the fanbase.

Evan acted like Gase being an interim GM was akin to appointing a mafioso President of the USA for life. Absolutely howling, didn't stop to without even considering the "interim", because why think anything over when you emotionally scream about it, right?

"You let this guy [Gase] win a power struggle over a sitting GM" [Macc] - Joe ...because all of a sudden Macc is a revered figure

"This only reinforces how sick we felt when the Jets hired Adam Gase" - Evan 

-

I wish people like this would go root for another team.  

23 minutes ago, sackdance said:

Oh I get the whining. Considering when this news broke - I went straight to WFAN podcasts to hear Joe & Evan digest this news live. They sounded like they were in physical pain, overreacting like the bitches they are. 

And that stuff seeps into the fanbase.

Evan acted like Gase being an interim GM was akin to appointing a mafioso President of the USA for life. Absolutely howling, didn't stop to without even considering the "interim", because why think anything over when you emotionally scream about it, right?

"You let this guy [Gase] win a power struggle over a sitting GM" [Macc] - Joe ...because all of a sudden Macc is a revered figure

"This only reinforces how sick we felt when the Jets hired Adam Gase" - Evan 

-

I wish people like this would go root for another team.  

This fanbase doesn't get what Joe and Evan do after all the years of this BS from them?  The "oh the pain" shtick is old and tired.  They want people to listen in and most of this fanbase is so miserable they need someone that is as miserable as they are.  

Need proof?  Any moron who thinks Gase being the interim GM for a week or so, when nothing is going on with the team is akin to anything he can speak to.  That was dumb as it get by Evan.  

Other reports have the firing come on the heals of Macc--Heimerdinger infighting.  Who cares though, everyone wanted Macc out, he's out.  Everyone wants a qualified candidate.  If it's Douglas he fits the bill.  Only Jet fans can whine for two years to fire the GM and complain when he's fired.  They complain that Chris is a wimp, he fired him.   Never seems to end

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sackdance said:

I'm starting to think it was never about Mac to begin with and just about bashing the team at any and every opportunity. 

Ask yourself this, as much as they deserve their share of bashing, what don't they bash the Jets over?