R e l a x

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Nobody said the team doesn't deserve criticism, especially until they start winning again.  BUT, the organization is not standing still.  The worst thing a team can do is say that they're comfortable with the decisions they've made and stick to them despite evidence to the contrary.  They fired the Head Coach.  Did you want to keep him?  They just fired the GM.  Did you want to keep him?  Chris Johnson has been on the job for a year since Woody left....he's changed the Head Coach, he changed the GM, he even changed the f**king uniforms.  If you want to stay stuck in the mud then you don't make changes.  Gase hasn't coached a game here yet.  Just with that he has a better record than most Jets coaches in history.

People are criticizing CJ for the timing of his decision today.  Hindsight is 20/20, but did they want to wait and see the product on the field in 2019, with 8 new starters before deciding whether to retain Maccagnan?  The Packers rode Mike McCarthy to mediocrity for a decade with a Hall of Fame QB who has had most of his career go to waste.  The Jets are on their 3rd head coach this decade and will be on their 3rd GM shortly.  Ownership has gone it alone in decision-making and they've also tried using "outside experts" to help with decisions.  Neither has worked so far.  I have no problem with the organization and ownership making changes until something works.  We're not accepting of the slop....we're glad to see changes being made.  Put me 100% in the category of being happy to say, "Thank for your time Maccagnan, may I have another GM."

I usually agree with your stuff, but not this.   Firing the GM's and coaches is what we do all the time and it's not working.   We need stability.   Mac was growing into the job and improving.  Now we have to start over with another rookie.   

I've seen this show before, ***spoiler alert***   The new GM and coach will be fired in 3 or 4 years.  ***spoiler alert***

I don’t get how many on here are slamming Gase who has not coached a single game for the Jets yet. Gotta love the Jets fan base. No one has any idea what happened. It’s all speculation at this point. For Mac and Herm to be fired at the same time is quite puzzling. Peyton Manning gave a supporting recommendation to the Jets on behalf of Gase. I don’t consider Manning a football nimrod. I realize his numbers were not that great with the Fish but c’mon guys, we have to give this guy a shot before we drag him to the gallows. I view Gase as a no nonsense coach who eats, sleeps, drinks and sh*ts nothing but football. That’s the kind of coach I want coaching my team. He has no tolerance for divas and slackers. If your not gonna give him 100% at all times then GTF off the team. You think a  Belichick or a Parcells with a similar mentality is a bad thing?

3 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I agree 100%.  I'm just saying it was nice not be the NY team getting roasted on talk radio, in the papers, etc.  it's always the Jets who get Tebow, have Rex guaranteeing a trip to the white house, having geno get punched in the face by a teammate, etc.  I was just getting used to the giants being the mess, and not hearing anything "bad" about us you know?

I don’t give a rats ass what the stupid media says as long as we win.

4 hours ago, nico002 said:

1. Macc obviously didn’t hire Gase, Chris Johnson and Sam Darnold did 

2. No major FA or Draft decisions are made without input from the HC and owner- the idea that Macc was allowed free reign and then fired is absurd- especially after being overruled on the HC hire

3. Gase is INTERIM gm. The idea is to hire someone to run most GM duties while allowing Gase to have final/near final say on personnel moves.

4. The greatest coaches in NFL history have all had control over the roster.

Relax?? I’m doing headstands, MAC is a dumpster fire. 

2 minutes ago, dcJet said:

I usually agree with your stuff, but not this.   Firing the GM's and coaches is what we do all the time and it's not working.   We need stability.   Mac was growing into the job and improving.  Now we have to start over with another rookie.   

I've seen this show before, ***spoiler alert***   The new GM and coach will be fired in 3 or 4 years.  ***spoiler alert***

I agree with you on the point of I want the natural process. GM is hired, GM picks the coach, coach puts together coaching staff. 

Although the next GM is coming into a good spot. 

1. 20 million to roll over to next year's free agency
  2. Quarterback in place
  3. Edge rusher or number 1 CB away from solid defense

Repair the offensive line and find a number 1 wide receiver and the Jets can be competing in the playoffs come 2020.

Bringing in a guy like Eagles VP Joe Douglas I think would be a good move, he has a history with offensive line and scouting, should be the right man for the job in finding OL talent and depth. 

25 minutes ago, dcJet said:

I respect your opinion.

My one concern is the part I highlighted.  This is how martyrdom starts.  It's how many of our fans find a way to criticize the next people in line, be it Adam Gase, ownership, the next GM or whomever.  The guy everyone seemed to hate and wanted replaced will now live on as the guy we got rid of.... just as he was coming into his stride and getting things right.  It never fails.  When the Jets make a move it gets criticized, even if it's the move most people wanted.  But don't worry, if they kept him and did nothing they'd get criticized too.  That's how complaining about everything works.