Jets really gonna hire a tv personality as GM

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

Former scout for Ravens, Eagles. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Between Joe Douglas and Daniel Jeremiah I choose Douglas because it will be easier for the fanbase to scream "Joe Must Go!" in 2 years than whatever they will have to come up with for Jeremiah. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Between Joe Douglas and Daniel Jeremiah I choose Douglas because it will be easier for the fanbase to scream "Joe Must Go!" in 2 years than whatever they will have to come up with for Jeremiah. 

"Can Dan" ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Have Douglas and Jeremiah worked together in the past?  Perhaps a combination of Douglas - GM / Jeremiah - Head of Player Personnel could be attractive.  I like Jeremiah on TV, but it'd be a huge risk to bring him into the top seat.  

• Upvote 2

Not sure about Jeremiah, I liked him a few yeas ago but the last couple of years some of his mocks and comments I have not been fond of.

• Upvote 1

People need to realize Jeremiah was a scout before he went to TV

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KRL said:

People need to realize Jeremiah was a scout before he went to TV

Played the sport too; starting QB in college ranks.  Mind you, small college!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Well it wouldn't be one or the other, just an addition to the front office.

However, using your logic, it would also be beneficial for Jeremiah to be here if anyone held on to their "Fire Tanny" stuff.  Just gotta make the T a D, and you're golden.

But seriously, I do really like Jeremiah's insight.  I was worried about the draft this year without Mayock, but Jeremiah was perfect, and showed he wasn't talking in circles

Do I know if he will work out?  No, none of us do, but I would be more than comfortable bringing him and his knowledge in to the fold, im sure they could certainly do worse.

• Like 1

Big no to DJ at GM but if Joe Douglas brought Jeremiah with him as his right hand man then I am good with that

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Big no to DJ at GM but if Joe Douglas brought Jeremiah with him as his right hand man then I am good with that

Ninja'd.  F**ker.

• Haha 1

Douglas plus Jeremiah would be a big upgrade over Macc. Dinger seemed like a good guy, but was tied to Macc.

Jeremiah knows his stuff. If Mayock can be a GM, Jeremiah can be an assistant to a GM.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

But seriously, I do really like Jeremiah's insight.  I was worried about the draft this year without Mayock, but Jeremiah was perfect, and showed he wasn't talking in circles

Do I know if he will work out?  No, none of us do, but I would be more than comfortable bringing him and his knowledge in to the fold, im sure they could certainly do worse.

Jeremiah has great insight into the players that enter the draft.  If the Jets hired him, I would be sad as Move the Sticks is one of the few pre-draft podcasts worth listening to.  His mock drafts are more from what he hears teams will do.  But he does an episode right before the draft on what he believes teams should do.  He does a great job on that segment.  I don't think he is cut out to be a GM, but the rumors are that he would play a prominent role in the front office which would be great.  Jeremiah paired with Joe Douglas would be a good start to changing the front office culture with the Jets.

52 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

OTOH, “Jeremiah” rhymes with “fire”

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

He's not a TV personality.

That would be like hiring Rex Ryan from ESPN and saying they got a TV guy.

Jeremiah has spent many years in NFL front offices and learned from some of the best including legendary Baltimore GM Ozzie Newsome.

• Confused 1

I wouldn’t mind a combination of both. 

Would be a nice hire to go along with Douglas.

On the other hand, pre-draft coverage on all of the networks would become completely unwatchable.

Kiper and McShay suck my brown eye and have for years. Who would the new head draft guy be on NFL Network? That dickbag Bucky Brooks?

Awful

Jeremiah always seemed like a rational dude, regardless of the platform 

why not? 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

"Can Dan" ?

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

OTOH, “Jeremiah” rhymes with “fire”

These are too difficult.

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

For what it’s worth, Jeremiah thought Q was the BPA. 

Quinnen Williams was his #2 after Bosa, followed by Allen, Hockenson!, Oliver, White and Wilkins.  

from everything im hearing from people in the know.. Douglas as GM with DJ as assistant GM/Director of pro personnel (or something to that effect) is the favorites to land the job.  They will interview other candidates obviously, possibly 2 or 3 more.  This will not be a long search. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

"Can Dan" ?

Jermiah is a pariah? 

Kind of a lot of syllables. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

from everything im hearing from people in the know.. Douglas as GM with DJ as assistant GM/Director of pro personnel (or something to that effect) is the favorites to land the job.  They will interview other candidates obviously, possibly 2 or 3 more.  This will not be a long search. 

Who are your "people in the know?" 

15 minutes ago, slats said:

That would be great!  I think they should both report to both Johnsons.  And while we're at it there's probably a role for Idzik and Tannenbaum and Terry Bradway!  They can all report to both Johnsons!  Or it could go like this...

Emperor Gase reports to Greg Williams.  Williams reports to Bradway.  Bradway reports to Idzik.  Idzik reports to Jerimiah.  Jerimiah reports to Douglas.  Douglas reports to Emperor Gase.  And round and round we go!

OR...a Head Of Football Operations can be hired and everyone reports to him.

13 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm not going to go around throwing names and titles out.. they're people that would rather not be named.  If you dont want to believe unnamed sources thats fine.  

• Upvote 1