Daniel Jeremiah might have a prominent role in Jets front office

23 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Between Joe Douglas and Daniel Jeremiah I choose Douglas because it will be easier for the fanbase to scream "Joe Must Go!" in 2 years than whatever they will have to come up with for Jeremiah. 

Well it wouldn't be one or the other, just an addition to the front office.

However, using your logic, it would also be beneficial for Jeremiah to be here if anyone held on to their "Fire Tanny" stuff.  Just gotta make the T a D, and you're golden.

But seriously, I do really like Jeremiah's insight.  I was worried about the draft this year without Mayock, but Jeremiah was perfect, and showed he wasn't talking in circles

Do I know if he will work out?  No, none of us do, but I would be more than comfortable bringing him and his knowledge in to the fold, im sure they could certainly do worse.

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

But seriously, I do really like Jeremiah's insight.  I was worried about the draft this year without Mayock, but Jeremiah was perfect, and showed he wasn't talking in circles

Do I know if he will work out?  No, none of us do, but I would be more than comfortable bringing him and his knowledge in to the fold, im sure they could certainly do worse.

Jeremiah has great insight into the players that enter the draft.  If the Jets hired him, I would be sad as Move the Sticks is one of the few pre-draft podcasts worth listening to.  His mock drafts are more from what he hears teams will do.  But he does an episode right before the draft on what he believes teams should do.  He does a great job on that segment.  I don't think he is cut out to be a GM, but the rumors are that he would play a prominent role in the front office which would be great.  Jeremiah paired with Joe Douglas would be a good start to changing the front office culture with the Jets.

52 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Between Joe Douglas and Daniel Jeremiah I choose Douglas because it will be easier for the fanbase to scream "Joe Must Go!" in 2 years than whatever they will have to come up with for Jeremiah. 

OTOH, “Jeremiah” rhymes with “fire”

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Jets really gonna hire a tv personality as GM

He's not a TV personality.

That would be like hiring Rex Ryan from ESPN and saying they got a TV guy.

Jeremiah has spent many years in NFL front offices and learned from some of the best including legendary Baltimore GM Ozzie Newsome.

• WTF? 1

Would be a nice hire to go along with Douglas.

On the other hand, pre-draft coverage on all of the networks would become completely unwatchable.

Kiper and McShay suck my brown eye and have for years. Who would the new head draft guy be on NFL Network? That dickbag Bucky Brooks?

Awful

58 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

"Can Dan" ?

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

OTOH, “Jeremiah” rhymes with “fire”

These are too difficult.

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

For what it’s worth, Jeremiah thought Q was the BPA. 

Quinnen Williams was his #2 after Bosa, followed by Allen, Hockenson!, Oliver, White and Wilkins.  

from everything im hearing from people in the know.. Douglas as GM with DJ as assistant GM/Director of pro personnel (or something to that effect) is the favorites to land the job.  They will interview other candidates obviously, possibly 2 or 3 more.  This will not be a long search. 

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

from everything im hearing from people in the know.. Douglas as GM with DJ as assistant GM/Director of pro personnel (or something to that effect) is the favorites to land the job.  They will interview other candidates obviously, possibly 2 or 3 more.  This will not be a long search. 

Who are your "people in the know?" 

15 minutes ago, slats said:

Who are your "people in the know?" 

That would be great!  I think they should both report to both Johnsons.  And while we're at it there's probably a role for Idzik and Tannenbaum and Terry Bradway!  They can all report to both Johnsons!  Or it could go like this...

Emperor Gase reports to Greg Williams.  Williams reports to Bradway.  Bradway reports to Idzik.  Idzik reports to Jerimiah.  Jerimiah reports to Douglas.  Douglas reports to Emperor Gase.  And round and round we go!

OR...a Head Of Football Operations can be hired and everyone reports to him.