Daniel Jeremiah might have a prominent role in Jets front office

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I don’t even know what the fck is happening today. 

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to give us an in-depth analysis of Daniel Jeremiah as a scout and potential front office personnel man for the NY Jets.  Go back to his days under Ozzie Newsome, review his mock drafts going back to 2002, how does he evaluate small school prospects, what's his philosophy on building an offensive line, find out what he eats for breakfast, does he wear boxers or briefs, is he a Game of Thrones fan?  We need to know EVERYTHING....and you're just the right Canadian to do this for us!  Afterall, there's a 27% chance this guy will be in the Jets front office within the next 3 weeks.

Godspeed, Paradis!

And, we thank you.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Between Joe Douglas and Daniel Jeremiah I choose Douglas because it will be easier for the fanbase to scream "Joe Must Go!" in 2 years than whatever they will have to come up with for Jeremiah. 

How about....JoJo must GoGo!!

2 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

from everything im hearing from people in the know.. Douglas as GM with DJ as assistant GM/Director of pro personnel (or something to that effect) is the favorites to land the job.  They will interview other candidates obviously, possibly 2 or 3 more.  This will not be a long search. 

It's gotta be done. You don't make this move unless you have your guys.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

CJ is ridding Florham Park of his older brother's stench. The QB, HC, and GM will now all be people he brought in.

this is a good point. maybe CJ is looking to set it up so woody does not want to return to an environment where everyone will be loyal to his brother.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

this is a good point. maybe CJ is looking to set it up so woody does not want to return to an environment where everyone will be loyal to his brother.

Now that would be some Game of Thrones sh*t that I can get down with

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Between Joe Douglas and Daniel Jeremiah I choose Douglas because it will be easier for the fanbase to scream "Joe Must Go!" in 2 years than whatever they will have to come up with for Jeremiah. 

I personally like ‘Can the Dan’

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I don’t even know what the fck is happening today. 

Well, it's Wine down Wednesday is happening at lots of bars and restaurants across the country.

Coincidentally, it's Whine Down Wednesday on JetNation.com (although you could say that for just about any day on here)

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Not sure about Jeremiah, I liked him a few yeas ago but the last couple of years some of his mocks and comments I have not been fond of.

That stuff is all crafted to generate buzz. These guys don't believe in half of the stuff they say on TV.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Is there a Rooney type rule for hiring execs?

Yeah there is:

"Adopted in 2003, the Rooney Rule is an NFL policy requiring every team with a head coaching vacancy to interview at least one or more diverse candidates. In 2009, the Rooney Rule was expanded to include general manager jobs and equivalent front office positions"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000999110/article/nfl-expands-rooney-rule-requirements-to-strengthen-diversity

4 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Yeah there is:

"Adopted in 2003, the Rooney Rule is an NFL policy requiring every team with a head coaching vacancy to interview at least one or more diverse candidates. In 2009, the Rooney Rule was expanded to include general manager jobs and equivalent front office positions"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000999110/article/nfl-expands-rooney-rule-requirements-to-strengthen-diversity

Thank you for confirming.

This Joe Douglas / Jeremiah scenario is no slam dunk.

Gonna have to interview some minority candidates.

• WTF? 1

5 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Former scout for Ravens, Eagles. 

Those are the credentials I want in our scouts.  2 of the most successful teams in the league year in and year out.  And they didn’t have to rely on a superstar QB to win games 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, maury77 said:

Jeremiah and Douglas were both scouts in Baltimore at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is very good news to hear.  I still wish they could've put their stamp on this team this offseason instead of being locked into a bunch of players that maybe neither they nor Gase want around here.

5 hours ago, choon328 said:

That doesn't mean he would've taken him

I was more putting that out there that he at least likes who we drafted. Same with Darnold who was his number 1 QB. Some times FO guys come in and get rid of guys. At least the recent guys we drafted were players they liked. Same with Mosley. Joe Douglas was the scout on Mosley. 

On the Move the Sticks Podcast, Jeremiah said the smart move at #3 would be Q. He said he doesn't think Q is a duplication of Leo. 

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Thank you for confirming.

This Joe Douglas / Jeremiah scenario is no slam dunk.

Gonna have to interview some minority candidates.

Does Not mean "Hire"... call in the 1st guy, say goodbye & hire Douglas/Jeremiah. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

I was more putting that out there that he at least likes who we drafted. Same with Darnold who was his number 1 QB. Some times FO guys come in and get rid of guys. At least the recent guys we drafted were players they liked. Same with Mosley. Joe Douglas was the scout on Mosley. 

On the Move the Sticks Podcast, Jeremiah said the smart move at #3 would be Q. He said he doesn't think Q is a duplication of Leo. 

The new GM won't be attached to players like Leo, Lee or Robbie so I wouldn't be surprised if they're moved. I think any GM would be ok with all of the players that were brought in via FA. The issue will be if ownership allows them to use current players near the end of their contract and/or future draft picks to fill the remaining holes at Center/Edge/CB/Backup RB/#1 WR. No GM wants to come in and have their hands tied for a year. 

8 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Solved your problem.

Jerebiah - je-re-bi-ya a play on goodbye. It'll work on an airplane banner too.

You're thinking forward though and that's a good thing.