"Gase had NO IDEA Mac would be fired ... Issue was with Mac & Heimerdinger, something went down between them ... Johnson let them both go"

could have legs.. i had heard rumors earlier in the offseason there was some friction between mac and dinger... Scouts liked dinger better and when mac was on the hot seat and people were leaking rumors, the thing i heard was that it had been dinger leaking the news.  Apparently some people thought he was trying to start a mutiny and take the GM job for himself.  At the time i just took the news for what it was worth, a rumor, but it turns out it may have been more true than i gave it credit for

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jayrad01 said:

I call bull sh*t

Definitely could be. 

Conversely: I respect Anita Marks a lot. She's always struck me as a straight shooter. Not a BS artist who's in to innuendo like so many reporters out there.

And if Gase & Macc have been telling the truth there were no serious problems between them, this makes sense.

But definitely, the information she received could be BS. We'll likely never know the full story.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JetsLife said:

I see the Spin Machine has started already.

Gase: Who?  ME?  I had NOOOOOO IDEA!!  Seriously, for serial, no way, no how.  *whistles while looking innocent, eyes darting here and there uncontrollably* I had no idea *smirks ever so slightly* as he pulls his ballcap down over his eyes.....now, about this staff and roster......

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

at this point I feel like Blame Everything on Gase is the spin

this guy spends all day in a film room with a baseball hat tugged around his head. This is the job he wants... 

the dude barely cares about the team outside of the QB room. why would he really be involved with ousting the GM? What's in it for Gase? 

Is that a serious question?

Power Bit.  It's always about power.

P.S. your mancrush on Gase is very cute btw.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

this guy spends all day in a film room with a baseball hat tugged around his head. This is the job he wants... 

the dude barely cares about the team outside of the QB room. why would he really be involved with ousting the GM? What's in it for Gase? 

he needs someone to take up the camera time during the draft?  

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

wasn't this the same guy who wanted to overrule the gm in miami regarding player personnel?

• Upvote 2

Don't lose sight of the fact that Chris Johnson is a seriously "woke" owner.  There might be some social justice or #MeToo issue going on here for all we know.  I do know if it's a cover for Gase that I would NEVER play poker with him.  He sounded genuine to me when he spoke about the Macc issue at that last press conference...

• Upvote 2

Chris Johnson felt they both weren't worth the trouble.  Not saying Gas wasn't involved, but when there is a crater then there is usually a bomb somewhere involved.  Whatever happened it was seismic enough to force the "owner in last name only" to act.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if the story is true, but no way it was floated by Gase or the Jets. Besides the fact Dinger and Macc could easily dispel this and make them look like total fools, they’d also likely have a serious legal case against the Jets. I suspect this story holds some water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Snell41 said:

Not sure if the story is true, but no way it was floated by Gase or the Jets. Besides the fact Dinger and Macc could easily dispel this and make them look like total fools, they’d also likely have a serious legal case against the Jets. I suspect this story holds some water.

Some water? Sure. But you have to think that the Gase/Macc rift had, at least, something to do with the firing. 

This could just be the Johnson's giving Gase some cover since he is about to start training camp and can't be the villain in this.  A dispute between Macc and Dinger could have been a 2/10 issue that just gave the Johnson's the right moment to pull the trigger. 

Some water? Sure. But you have to think that the Gase/Macc rift had, at least, something to do with the firing. 
This could just be the Johnson's giving Gase some cover since he is about to start training camp and can't be the villain in this.  A dispute between Macc and Dinger could have been a 2/10 issue that just gave the Johnson's the right moment to pull the trigger. 

I think it’s fair Macc and Gase were not always in agreement. Are a coach and GM ever? But Gase came out in support of Macc. If there were truly an issue and Macc was this close to being fired he’d never even bother to say that. There’d be no need. Plus Manish, I know I know...., reported there’s 100% no chance the stories to Macc’s demise were true. To be honest, this smells to me like Macc and Dinger actually came to blows or close to it. It just reeks of being the result of something that took place that just can’t be tolerated.

• Sympathy 2

21 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Don't lose sight of the fact that Chris Johnson is a seriously "woke" owner.  There might be some social justice or #MeToo issue going on here for all we know.  I do know if it's a cover for Gase that I would NEVER play poker with him.  He sounded genuine to me when he spoke about the Macc issue at that last press conference...

that’s complete nonsense. chris johnson is a  billionaire republican

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

38 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

speaking of poker... Mike Caro wrote the book of tells... famously he recommends saying nothing, doing nothing and wearing shades (Chris Ferguson method)

however Mike Caro himself employs a different method, where he says everything, does everything, twitches, sings and acts like a complete psycho killer (Qu'est-ce que c'est) 

but it's an extremely risky method and other pros (pathological liars) can sometimes suss out tells anyways 

Maybe Adam Gase is playing crazy man's poker, 

more likely he was telling the truth at the presser and he's telling the truth today. I don't think he's a Mike Caro, sending out misdirections and fakes. But on the other hand the guy can barely control his face. 

• Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Not saying Gas wasn't involved, but when there is a crater then there is usually a bomb somewhere involved.  Whatever happened it was seismic enough to force the "owner in last name only" to act.

this feels right 

something happened .. .maybe not between Mac and Heimer but one did something heinous and the other was covering for him 

gase is off designing shotgun variants somewhere 

• Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

this feels right 

something happened .. .maybe not between Mac and Heimer but one did something heinous and the other was covering for him 

gase is off designing shotgun variants somewhere 

i don't think it has much to do with FA salaries.  what does gase care what the jets paid bell - if they signed him he's playing and he's way better than anything else they have at RB.

i think the rumors started leaking, IFRR, during the draft between rounds 1 and 2-3.  this is also consistent with gase not being around for all the Q hoopla.  i think gase thought/wanted to trade back and when they didn't he flipped out and that was the beginning of the end.  and maybe, just maybe, heimerdinger wound up agreeing with gase on something regarding the draft and that led to a falling out b/t mccags and the dinger.  and then maybe cj decided he couldn't live with this.