"Gase had NO IDEA Mac would be fired ... Issue was with Mac & Heimerdinger, something went down between them ... Johnson let them both go"

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i don't think it has much to do with FA salaries.  what does gase care what the jets paid bell - if they signed him he's playing and he's way better than anything else they have at RB.

i think the rumors started leaking, IFRR, during the draft between rounds 1 and 2-3.  this is also consistent with gase not being around for all the Q hoopla.  i think gase thought/wanted to trade back and when they didn't he flipped out and that was the beginning of the end.  and maybe, just maybe, heimerdinger wound up agreeing with gase on something regarding the draft and that led to a falling out b/t mccags and the dinger.  and then maybe cj decided he couldn't live with this.

the trade back angle is interesting but they really didn't have much ammo. Something like 6 picks total. Because Mac overspent trading up for Darnold and generally wastes all the picks between rounds 2-4  

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the trade back angle is interesting but they really didn't have much ammo. Something like 6 picks total. Because Mac overspent trading up for Darnold and generally wastes all the picks between rounds 2-4  

i'm just trying to connect the dots like all of us here.  i don't recall hearing about the rift, etc, until during the draft and people here were commenting on how odd it was.  now, we may never know what offers mccagnan had, but we all noted it was odd how gase was not there in any of the pics/videos when they drafted Q.  filling in the blanks it is certainly possible that certain people (perhaps gase and or dinger) were miffed that mccagnan didn't jump on one of these.  

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i'm just trying to connect the dots like all of us here.  i don't recall hearing about the rift, etc, until during the draft and people here were commenting on how odd it was.  now, we may never know what offers mccagnan had, but we all noted it was odd how gase was not there in any of the pics/videos when they drafted Q.  filling in the blanks it is certainly possible that certain people (perhaps gase and or dinger) were miffed that mccagnan didn't jump on one of these.  

if he was trying to consolidate his power etc wouldn't he put himself front and center? 

they didn't put gase on camera because he's a disaster on camera 

And gase knows this and was more than fine with it. 

It could just be a normal firing there are precedents for this timing, 

the Bills fired Terry Puglia 24 hours after the 2017 draft and Buddy Nix after the 2013 draft. The Chiefs ousted Dorsey on a similar timeline 

but it's fun to imagine some sort of GoT style power battle or scandal 

• Upvote 1

Just now, bitonti said:

if he was trying to consolidate his power etc wouldn't he put himself front and center? 

the Bills fired Terry Puglia 24 hours after the 2017 draft and Buddy Nix after the 2013 draft. The Chiefs ousted Dorsey on a similar timeline 

you are right - it could be that when gase came on board, he told cj that he wanted different personnel guys in power that he knew and trusted so he could build the team he wanted.  maybe cj told him ok, maybe he told him, wait and see how you work with mccagnan and then let's revisit after FA.  

i think if gase wanted mccagnan to stay he'd be here.  so yeah i think part of it is that gase wants his guys, and while that's perceived as ass backwards with a coach saying who he wants in the front office, if you really, really believe in gase as your coach/darnold developer, then hey, run with it.  at least we'll get offense.

• Sympathy 1

So this is like the parents disciplining kids:  One kid pokes the other, again, again, again, again, again.  The other one complains to parents and they both get sent to their rooms.  or NHL reffing:  One player, hooks, trips, slashes crosschecks, then crosschecks again the other player finally gets up and pushes the the 1st guy....coincidental penalties.

• Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, bitonti said:

So for the record, you 100% believe Gase had no pre-knowledge of Mac's firing till after it was made public?

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

So for the record, you 100% believe Gase had no pre-knowledge of Mac's firing till after it was made public?

dont know about 100% but yeah essentially I think the ownership operated without the HC's input 

maybe they kept him in the dark so he wouldn't leak,  

i just don't think Gase is that good of a liar 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

dont know about 100% but yeah essentially I think the ownership operated without the HC's input 

maybe they kept him in the dark so he wouldn't leak,  

i just don't think Gase is that good of a liar 

i think it's hard to believe this.  gase had to know it was coming somehow - as he was asked questions about the frayed relationship b/t him and mccags.

whether he actively pursued it, that's another matter.  but it's hard to believe he didn't know or at least sense it was coming.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i think it's hard to believe this.  gase had to know it was coming somehow - as he was asked questions about the frayed relationship b/t him and mccags.

whether he actively pursued it, that's another matter.  but it's hard to believe he didn't know or at least sense it was coming.

yeah he probably sensed it coming but i don't think it's that crazy to believe the Ownership operates without the input of the new cheap HC 

he's Adam Gase not Bill Walsh 

I don't care who was behind this. Macc being fired removes the biggest remaining impediment to this franchise being successful. My only issue would be if Gase remains the GM which is not going to happen. Adding Joe Douglas as GM would be a slam dunk. I hope the new GM can swing a deal for a veteran starting caliber Center and CB. That would make me feel much better going into the season bc right now the Jets are currently NOT a .500 team.

Just now, bitonti said:

yeah he probably sensed it coming but i don't think it's that crazy to believe the Ownership operates without the input of the new cheap HC 

he's Adam Gase not Bill Walsh 

schefter was ready to tweet that jeremiah was being considered for a front office position.  it's as if everyone was ready to weigh in on this, just waiting for mccags to get the axe.  i think this was more widely anticipated outside the organization than we realize.

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

I don't care who was behind this. Macc being fired removes the biggest remaining impediment to this franchise being successful. My only issue would be if Gase remains the GM which is not going to happen. Adding Joe Douglas as GM would be a slam dunk. I hope the new GM can swing a deal for a veteran starting caliber Center and CB. That would make me feel much better grading into the season bc right now the Jets are currently NOT a .500 team.

lol do you think there's just a bunch of those kinda guys waiting to be dealt?

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

lol do you think there's just a bunch of those kinda guys waiting to be dealt?

Patrick Peterson and Corey Linsley. Adding both takes this team from a 6 win team to a 10 win team immediately.

1 hour ago, peekskill68 said:

Don't lose sight of the fact that Chris Johnson is a seriously "woke" owner.  There might be some social justice or #MeToo issue going on here for all we know.  I do know if it's a cover for Gase that I would NEVER play poker with him.  He sounded genuine to me when he spoke about the Macc issue at that last press conference...

Sociopaths are some of the most sincere people you will ever meet.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, flgreen said:

He had control of player personnel from the get go in Miami, has since said he never wants it again

And this is what you say when you are looking for another coaching gig and the GM has input in the hiring process.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

speaking of poker... Mike Caro wrote the book of tells... famously he recommends saying nothing, doing nothing and wearing shades (Chris Ferguson method)

however Mike Caro himself employs a different method, where he says everything, does everything, twitches, sings and acts like a complete psycho killer (Qu'est-ce que c'est) 

but it's an extremely risky method and other pros (pathological liars) can sometimes suss out tells anyways 

Maybe Adam Gase is playing crazy man's poker, 

more likely he was telling the truth at the presser and he's telling the truth today. I don't think he's a Mike Caro, sending out misdirections and fakes. But on the other hand the guy can barely control his face. 

Fun fact Mike Caro can't beat the rake at 2/5 anymore so maybe not the best example.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, tuffhand said:

And this is what you say when you are looking for another coaching gig and the GM has input in the hiring process.

From what I've seen of Gase, he would rather be a QB's coach...……..If they would pay him HC money

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Fun fact Mike Caro can't beat the rake at 2/5 anymore so maybe not the best example.

i don't doubt it. 

similarly Adam Gase is even money to get fired at the bye week 

that's week 4 this year by the way 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

i don't doubt it. 

similarly Adam Gase is even money to get fired at the bye week 

that's week 4 this year by the way 

Oh that would be the capper wouldn't it.

Yeah, and CJ decides to run the whole team by himself.  HC, GM, everything.  Just to show Woody he's not really a moron, and he can do it.  Maybe that will make Mom like him better then Woody

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Oh that would be the capper wouldn't it.

Yeah, and CJ decides to run the whole team by himself.  HC, GM, everything.  Just to show Woody he's not really a moron, and he can do it.  Maybe that will make Mom like him better then Woody

When Woody comes home Chris has to move back into the pool house

when the Jets employed Gregg Williams that was establishing an in-house interim HC option... and Williams himself has gotten very good at "Fitzpatricking" these guys from the inside

the Jets don't actually have to win anything, as long as there's a major firing every so often

ARE YOU SATISFIED?! 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

LIke Francesa did on his app.

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

at this point I feel like Blame Everything on Gase is the spin

this guy spends all day in a film room with a baseball hat tugged around his head. This is the job he wants... 

the dude barely cares about the team outside of the QB room. why would he really be involved with ousting the GM? What's in it for Gase? 

There is a guy in Philly that is friends with Gase and is rumored to be the next guy in the GM seat. Douglas -  I don't know his first name but he is the guy mentioned.

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

you are right - it could be that when gase came on board, he told cj that he wanted different personnel guys in power that he knew and trusted so he could build the team he wanted.  maybe cj told him ok, maybe he told him, wait and see how you work with mccagnan and then let's revisit after FA.  

i think if gase wanted mccagnan to stay he'd be here.  so yeah i think part of it is that gase wants his guys, and while that's perceived as ass backwards with a coach saying who he wants in the front office, if you really, really believe in gase as your coach/darnold developer, then hey, run with it.  at least we'll get offense.

He told them he wanted different personnel guys and they did this for him, but they forced Gregg Williams down his throat?

38 minutes ago, bitonti said:

When Woody comes home Chris has to move back into the pool house

when the Jets employed Gregg Williams that was establishing an in-house interim HC option... and Williams himself has gotten very good at "Fitzpatricking" these guys from the inside

the Jets don't actually have to win anything, as long as there's a major firing every so often

ARE YOU SATISFIED?! 

I'm not gonna knock the entertainment value.

I think it’s fair Macc and Gase were not always in agreement. Are a coach and GM ever? But Gase came out in support of Macc. If there were truly an issue and Macc was this close to being fired he’d never even bother to say that. There’d be no need. Plus Manish, I know I know...., reported there’s 100% no chance the stories to Macc’s demise were true. To be honest, this smells to me like Macc and Dinger actually came to blows or close to it. It just reeks of being the result of something that took place that just can’t be tolerated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just heard Chris Johnson’s conference call. I rescind this entirely, he’s just friggin clueless. Completely clueless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He told them he wanted different personnel guys and they did this for him, but they forced Gregg Williams down his throat?

People should know who's in charge. If he wanted different personnel guys that's that. You don't obfuscate when you do things for good reasons. You do it when you do things for stupid reasons. Nobody's buying he didn't know about/campaign for the change and it just makes him look like an idiot. I don't get GW or free agency or the draft or anything else. Either Gase reaslly was out of the loop, or he had his say but doesn't actually have to be accountable for it. Both portend ill.