"Gase had NO IDEA Mac would be fired ... Issue was with Mac & Heimerdinger, something went down between them ... Johnson let them both go"

well, here's chris johnson's chance to bring in a real gm to run the team.  the firing of both heimerdinger and mac seems like the same thing with idzik and ryan.  it also sounds like one or both were serious leakers.  the best thing is maneesh is hung out to dry.

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

I just heard Chris Johnson’s conference call. I rescind this entirely, he’s just friggin clueless. Completely clueless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agreed with your first post.  It's the only thing that made any sense, but like you after listening to C J's explanation..............WOW

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I've seen a few folks say this.

Can you tell me why it's such a good move?

He gets a ton of credit in building the Eagles with Wentz/Foles as the QB and their Super Bowl team. Studied scouting under Ozzie Newsome for 10+ years and has a relationship with Gase already.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

55 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I agreed with your first post.  It's the only thing that made any sense, but like you after listening to C J's explanation..............WOW

Did anyone here think that CJ was going to come on , spill all the beans and be totally honest .

Did anyone here think that CJ was going to come on , spill all the beans and be totally honest .

No, but you can tell when a clueless speaks and removes all doubt of his cluelessness. He clearly has no idea what he’s doing. None.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

No, but you can tell when a clueless speaks and removes all doubt of his cluelessness. He clearly has no idea what he’s doing. None.

Exactly what could he have said that made people here happy. If he said Mac was inept and needed to go , people would bitch why wait so long. If he say's Gase forced the hand - people would bash on Gase . Who knows what the real reason was , but by not revealing truths , CJ pushes the focus to him  and not on the "real" underlying issue he just covered up.

16 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Exactly what could he have said that made people here happy. If he said Mac was inept and needed to go , people would bitch why wait so long. If he say's Gase forced the hand - people would bash on Gase . Who knows what the real reason was , but by not revealing truths , CJ pushes the focus to him  and not on the "real" underlying issue he just covered up.

He is the underlying issue. Everywhere else, somebody ****s up, everybody's head gets collected. CJ's not like a regular owner tho. He's a COOL owner. He's involved. Does the drop-in, big fan of the drop-in. Keeps up on the gossip around the water cooler. No need for blanket firings when you have some a$$hole who doesn't know anything about anything to exercise his sound discretion over who gets canned and who doesn't based on the exit interviews. Gotta be tough to fool a guy who's so on top of things.

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

if he was trying to consolidate his power etc wouldn't he put himself front and center? 

they didn't put gase on camera because he's a disaster on camera 

And gase knows this and was more than fine with it. 

It could just be a normal firing there are precedents for this timing, 

the Bills fired Terry Puglia 24 hours after the 2017 draft and Buddy Nix after the 2013 draft. The Chiefs ousted Dorsey on a similar timeline 

but it's fun to imagine some sort of GoT style power battle or scandal 

GMs get fired every year. Problem with firing your GM and his staff after black Monday but before the draft is you have to either have to demand their work product and keep walking dead guys in place or be confident your incoming GM has a staff that has done the work 

Still this smells like something else happened, something out of the ordinary, that ownership,dumbasses they may be,  simply could not tolerate. And something that has nothing to do with football at all. 

21 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

He is the underlying issue. Everywhere else, somebody ****s up, everybody's head gets collected. CJ's not like a regular owner tho. He's a COOL owner. He's involved. Does the drop-in, big fan of the drop-in. Keeps up on the gossip around the water cooler. No need for blanket firings when you have some a$$hole who doesn't know anything about anything to exercise his sound discretion over who gets canned and who doesn't based on the exit interviews. Gotta be tough to fool a guy who's so on top of things.

But if you read this board up till today the general consensus was that Mac was the worst GM ever , so how does firing him make CJ the issue. He gets his selected coach and presumably a new GM who is on board with said HC . Its not an ideal situation but it gives us hope of a new direction.

24 minutes ago, Bugg said:

GMs get fired every year. Problem with firing your GM and his staff after black Monday but before the draft is you have to either have to demand their work product and keep walking dead guys in place or be confident your incoming GM has a staff that has done the work 

Still this smells like something else happened, something out of the ordinary, that ownership,dumbasses they may be,  simply could not tolerate. And something that has nothing to do with football at all. 

What could have happened that had nothing to do with football?

On 5/15/2019 at 2:27 PM, JetsLife said:

Conversely: I respect Anita Marks a lot. She's always struck me as a straight shooter. Not a BS artist who's in to innuendo like so many reporters out there.

She also has gotten very naked for cameras and I appreciate that about her too. 

On 5/15/2019 at 4:22 PM, choon328 said:

Patrick Peterson and Corey Linsley. Adding both takes this team from a 6 win team to a 10 win team immediately.

PP just got nabbed for an 8 game suspension 

Corey Linsley isn't actually on the block, their new center Jenkins will start at guard 

but i agree they are closer to a 6 win team right now than a 10 win team 

On 5/15/2019 at 6:56 PM, TNJet said:

Omg if Gase couldn't get along with Mac at all I dread when he works closely with Gregg Williams this season.

The sideline brawl will be epic.

But I got a feeling Williams will be fired soon. 

• Haha 1

On 5/15/2019 at 6:51 PM, Integrity28 said:

So, you’re saying Heimerdinger was let go in order to perpetuate the lie that Gase wasn’t behind this?

I think mac was fired from his own incompetence. Drafting and FA alone warrant that.  I think that something happened with dinger that caused him to be fired along with him.  Subterfuge? Toxic relationships? Disorganization? Others opinion of him? Media leak about gase vs macc?  CJ said that what he witnessed was not the direction he wanted to head in so to me that speaks to why dinger wasn't stepping up into an interim gm spot.  Or maybe he was offered it on an interim basis and thought he should have it outright and refused to budge?  To me though, that last point doesn't hold water since all they would have to do is fire mac and look for a new GM while dinger twists in the wind for however long it takes.  Firing them both leaves a big void in our FO so I am hopeful that the reports coming out about the guy from Philly are true and it is a matter of semantics to getting him in the building to deal with FO issues.