Is it time to rename our owners...

The ever present mob of SOJFs needs a target.  They always do.

Bowles is gone.  And now, so is Macc.

It's never a question that Jets fans will be angry, frustrated and want to vent at someone.  The only thing that changes is the someone.  The Johnsons better wear fire retardant clothing.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

It's never a question that Jets fans will be angry, frustrated and want to vent at someone.  The only thing that changes is the someone.  The Johnsons better wear fire retardant clothing.

The Johnsons have always been the target of scorn. You can want Macc fired and still complain about the way in which is was done. It has nothing to do with the SOJFs or any ridiculous moniker you place on the people who are correct here most of the time in these dumpster fire times. Make the playoffs. Hell, get to .500 and a lot of the complaints would stop. Jets fans just want a team that doesn’t embarrass them at every turn. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Johnsons have always been the target of scorn. You can want Macc fired and still complain about the way in which is was done. It has nothing to do with the SOJFs or any ridiculous moniker you place on the people who are correct here most of the time in these dumpster fire times. Make the playoffs. Hell, get to .500 and a lot of the complaints would stop. Jets fans just want a team that doesn’t embarrass them at every turn. 

And firing the GM this way is not the best way to start. honestly they should have let him go before hiring a coach. now we have a sub 500 coach who now has personal decisions? seriously let him get to 500 before letting him draft and sign players

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The team needs to win.  That's all it comes down to.  They haven't won since 2015.  We'll have a new GM, new HC, a second year QB and 8 new starters for the 2019 season.  I'm not going to criticize any fellow fan for his anger or frustration with this team.  It's not worth it and we're all in the same boat having to watch this disaster the past several years.  My point is simply that there's always a target....there has to always be someone or something for our fans to shoot arrows at.  If people wanted Macc fired, well, the Owner did that today.  Those same people are now criticizing the Owner who gave them what they want.  It never ends.  Gase is next.....you can just smell it.

These aren't great times BUT there is hope.  It's always darkest before the dawn.  I'm reserving my criticisms of anything about this team until we see what it looks like playing football in September.  If they're 1-3 heading into October with new players, a new coach, a new GM, a second year QB and new uniforms.....then I'll be right there with everyone else firing away.

Go Jets!!!

10 minutes ago, rammagen said:

And firing the GM this way is not the best way to start. honestly they should have let him go before hiring a coach. now we have a sub 500 coach who now has personal decisions? seriously let him get to 500 before letting him draft and sign players

Gase will not be making any meaningful personnel decisions prior to the Jets hiring a full-time GM.  He's a placeholder.  If they wanted him truly being a GM they would have given him the reigns for FA and the Draft, and let him call those shots.

35 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

lmfao

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

“First the SOJFs want Macc fired, now suddenly they want his firing handled in a competent and professional manner? When does it end with you guys?!?”

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Incredibly lazy take to imply that this is just  “SOJF thinking”.  

Yes Macc deserved to be fired (and I wanted him fired!) but why let him run the draft and then spend $100m or FA money before firing him?!?!   Now the Johnson brothers have to hire a GM who Gase approves of, unless they’re going to turn around and fire Gase, Gregg Williams etc (which would REALLY be a clown show).

it also means that Gase is essentially the GM of this team because HE (Gase) is the one who the GM has to win the acceptance of.

41 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Both of them being gone is good, the timing is bizarre as all hell. If Mac was on this thin of ice where this could happen, how do they not just clean house with Bowles. Its so typical.

41 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The jets have stunk and done it the wrong way for 15 years what do you expect?  Applause?

Can they not do one thing in a decent, logical, professional manner?

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Gase will not be making any meaningful personnel decisions prior to the Jets hiring a full-time GM.  He's a placeholder.  If they wanted him truly being a GM they would have given him the reigns for FA and the Draft, and let him call those shots.

and the check is in the mail, ect....the way the Jets did this is a joke, then they turn over control to coach with a sub 500 record who has not coached a single game. whether he makes 1 decision or never makes one is besides the point. he was brought in here to coach why flood him with the other responsibilities? His name should not have been considered to be the place holder,  

They should have fired Mac when the got rid of Bowles then hired an GM and then a coach now they are doing things as backwards again. 

This is poor choice (not firing Mac when they had the perfect time) compounded by another poor choice (I dont think Gase is made for NY and his ego will be his downfall)then they triple down again (Gase should be coaching not doing the day to day office stuff dealing with scouting and looking for players).

Gase better be all that and a slice bread if not things will get ugly quick

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Incredibly lazy take to imply that this is just  “SOJF thinking”.  

Yes Macc deserved to be fired (and I wanted him fired!) but why let him run the draft and then spend $100m or FA money before firing him?!?!   Now the Johnson brothers have to hire a GM who Gase approves of, unless they’re going to turn around and fire Gase, Gregg Williams etc (which would REALLY be a clown show).

it also means that Gase is essentially the GM of this team because HE (Gase) is the one who the GM has to win the acceptance of.

I'm just amazed at how many experts we have here.  The Nostradamus and crystal ball crew in this forum rivals anything I've ever seen.  Most of us got what we've long wanted, the termination of the GM.  But now we're criticizing how and when it was done almost to the point that it shouldn't have been done.  To that, I say better late than never.  The guys telling me today that Macc should have been fired in 2017, are the same ones telling me last year that the Jets should have drafted Tom Brady in Round 5 during the 2000 Draft.  They're also the ones who were clamoring for an offensive head coach, then got Gase, and now don't want him.

Again, I'm not going to do a lot of friendly fire here.  We're all Jets fans and none of this is personally directed at you (I agree or at least find value with almost everything you post).  We all have our own opinions and if they didn't differ then, as Gase said, it would be boring.  The only thing I've learned is that when you finally give some people what they want they find another thing to complain about.  It's kind of par for the course and it won't change during an offseason.  It can only change come September when this team starts winning.

We wanted the GM fired, we wanted an offensive-minded head coach, we wanted weapons for Darnold, we wanted new uniforms.

Well, we fired the GM at the wrong time, we don't really want THIS offensive-minded head coach, Le'Veon Bell isn't showing up for voluntary practices, and the new uniforms should have the Jets swoosh/arrow from 1980's on it.  THAT is what I refer to as SOJF thinking.

I'm going to sign off for a bit and go to the gym....where I can complain that the room is set to 68 degrees and not 70.

Go Jets!!!

18 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Both of them being gone is good, the timing is bizarre as all hell. If Mac was on this thin of ice where this could happen, how do they not just clean house with Bowles. Its so typical.

The timing may seem odd but it's not unprecedented.  The Chiefs kept HC Andy Reid and fired John Dorsey in June 2017.  The Chiefs were in the AFCCG this past year and Dorsey has the Browns ascending right now.

613818763_ScreenShot2019-05-15at10_54_28AM.png.206e9f25cc91a52d9b240417d58ad1b9.png

1831420240_ScreenShot2019-05-15at10_51_43AM.png.23386c572a7f0e986d24c1ecd06724a7.png

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The timing may seem odd but it's not unprecedented.  The Chiefs kept HC Andy Reid and fired John Dorsey in June 2017.  The Chiefs were in the AFCCG this past year and Dorsey has the Browns ascending right now.

613818763_ScreenShot2019-05-15at10_54_28AM.png.206e9f25cc91a52d9b240417d58ad1b9.png

1831420240_ScreenShot2019-05-15at10_51_43AM.png.23386c572a7f0e986d24c1ecd06724a7.png

lets not compare Andy Reid to Adam Gase that's unfair to both of them first of Reid does not have those eyes and Gase does not have Reid's body of work or record

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Yep. And soon it'll be the players (Macc picked them, therefore they suck :rolleyes:), then the co-ordinators, HC, GM ... and round and round we go.

• Upvote 1