How do you feel about Ownership firing GM Mike Maccagnan?

How do you feel about Ownership firing Maccagnan?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Maccagnan firing?

• Better late than never.
    • Satisfied, it was time for him to go.
    • He should have been given more time, until after the 2019 season to see how his FAs and Draft picks do.
    • Should have kept him longterm. This is finally Macc's roster, he got his QB, and finally spent in FA.

I think there’s legs to the story something happened between Macc and Dinger that caused them both to be fired. I don’t think they were lining things up since before the draft just to fire him now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

He should have been fired in December. I am not mad at all Mac got fired, but it makes no sense to keep him, and then fire him in May, unless of course the Jets have Peyton Manning lined up as the next GM, after all, Peyton talked Christopher into hiring Adam Gase instead of Mac's guy Matt Rhule. 

Timing is curious, he should have been let go in January with Bowles.  But it is still good to see them move on from him now.  He was a scout who never seemd to understand that there is more to building a team than just evaluating individual talent.  He was in over his head, in my humble opinion.  Good to see them move on.

• Upvote 1

The owner needs to come out of hiding and not release some pathetic statement or have Eric Allen read some weak rationale. Where is Chris Johnson? Tell me Adam Gase has full control of the operation until otherwise. We're still in no mans land right now.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is the best Jets day ever. An awful GM fired. The Jets doing the right thing but still looking stupid doing it. A nerd assuming absolute control over an historically idiotic organization. Homers having to publicly eat their own dicks. This is the best Jets day ever. 

My favorite thing about today is that I now expect to be spared from six and a half months of Mac Sucks! threads. 

I mean, yeah, he sucks, but it was getting awfully boring reading different versions of that same thought twenty times a day. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Because, "We should have drafted Brady in Round 5 of the 2000 Draft" also isn't an option.

In that case, "He should have been given more time, until after the 2019 season to see how his FAs and Draft picks do" and "Should have kept him longterm. This is finally Macc's roster, he got his QB, and finally spent in FA" aren't options either.

33 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

How is “he should have been fired five months/a year/two years ago” not an option?

Even more so...how is "HAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahha"

not an option?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

In that case, "He should have been given more time, until after the 2019 season to see how his FAs and Draft picks do" and "Should have kept him longterm. This is finally Macc's roster, he got his QB, and finally spent in FA" aren't options either.

The poll is about what was done today.  We also could have the option, "He never should have been hired," if we want the revisionist history and 20/20 hindsight takes.

There were really only 3 choices....Fire him, Give him a longer leash, Keep him indefinitely.

If I asked you, "Should the Jets have drafted Sam Darnold over Josh Allen last year?" Would your answer be "No," because they should have drafted Patrick Mahomes a couple years ago?

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The poll is about what was done today.  We also could have the option, "He never should have been hired," if we want the revisionist history and 20/20 hindsight takes.

There were really only 3 choices....Fire him, Give him a longer leash, Keep him indefinitely.

If I asked you, "Should the Jets have drafted Sam Darnold over Josh Allen last year?" Would your answer be "No," because they should have drafted Patrick Mahomes a couple years ago?

My answer would be "'They should have drafted Patrick Mahomes a couple years ago' should be an option in the poll."

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is the best Jets day ever. An awful GM fired. The Jets doing the right thing but still looking stupid doing it. A nerd assuming absolute control over an historically idiotic organization. Homers having to publicly eat their own dicks. This is the best Jets day ever. 

My beef with all the Mac homers, is that instead of just disagreeing, they arrogantly attacked passionate fans that actually care about the well being of this team. Rather than just disagreeing or saying they support Mac, many of them constantly started with posters because their egos were bruised.

They were all completely wrong, which we knew, and they should admit that they were wrong and move on. They are the most stubborn people that I have ever communicated with so I don’t expect much from them nor do I respect any of their opinions as they are jokes. Time to move forward and be optimistic about the next step for this team. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

My beef with all the Mac homers, is that instead of just disagreeing, they arrogantly attacked passionate fans that actually care about the well being of this team. Rather than just disagreeing or saying they support Mac, many of them constantly started with posters because their egos were bruised.

They were all completely wrong, which we knew, and they should admit that they were wrong and move on. They are the most stubborn people that I have ever communicated with so I don’t expect much from them nor do I respect any of their opinions as they are jokes. Time to move forward and be optimistic about the next step for this team. 

You know you just complained about how Mac homers attack fans, and then in the next paragraph you attacked fans?

• Haha 1

This move comes 4 1/2 months too late. He should have been let go with Bowles. Then the new GM could of hired their coach and built the team as such. Gase as GM is an absolute joke and disgrace! He is no Belichek and rather an immature losing NFL coach. Now he has no leverage and must win cause it’s all on him with no one to blame. Our owners are terrible. Should of went after McCarthy and let him work with a new GM. What a disgrace

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmmm AMAZING!!

Can people tell me why Mike Shannahan would NOT have been the best move as President for the Jets!

So you let a GM who you just fired to hire the HC for the team?????  :( 

He has heart issues, I believe.

• Post of the Week 1

I think there’s legs to the story something happened between Macc and Dinger that caused them both to be fired. I don’t think they were lining things up since before the draft just to fire him now.

After hearing Chris Johnson’s conf call it’s clear this isn’t the case at all, he’s just a moron.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetsYanks13 said:

This move comes 4 1/2 months too late. He should have been let go with Bowles. Then the new GM could of hired their coach and built the team as such. Gase as GM is an absolute joke and disgrace! He is no Belichek and rather an immature losing NFL coach. Now he has no leverage and must win cause it’s all on him with no one to blame. Our owners are terrible. Should of went after McCarthy and let him work with a new GM. What a disgrace

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Go easy on Gase.  He has just had to coach Ryan Tannehill, presently backup QB for the Titans, for 3 years.

• Upvote 1