How do you feel about Ownership firing GM Mike Maccagnan?

How do you feel about Ownership firing Maccagnan?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Maccagnan firing?

• Better late than never.
    • Satisfied, it was time for him to go.
    • He should have been given more time, until after the 2019 season to see how his FAs and Draft picks do.
    • Should have kept him longterm. This is finally Macc's roster, he got his QB, and finally spent in FA.

3 hours ago, Snell41 said:

I think there’s legs to the story something happened between Macc and Dinger that caused them both to be fired. I don’t think they were lining things up since before the draft just to fire him now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot think what it is, unless CJ found them coupling in his office.......

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Even more so...how is "HAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahhaHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahHHAhahahHAhAHahahahahahahHAHahhAHHAHhahAHhAHAHAHaaahahahhahha"

not an option?

This should have been an option. I've been laughing for about a good 4 or 5 hours. 

• Haha 1

This was the wrong move in my opinion.  I don’t believe Christopher Johnson that Adam Gase had nothing to do with this decision and I think Gase needs to be fired now too.  Gase caused a similar crisis in Miami while McCagnan was a good soldier for years.  I’m just saying that it’s crystal clear who the real problem is.  Maybe McCagnan wasn’t the best gm but he wasn’t standing there with a torch ready to burn the whole franchise to the ground either.  Seems like Gase is a ticking time bomb and a change of scenery didn’t disarm him.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

After hearing Chris Johnson’s conf call it’s clear this isn’t the case at all, he’s just a moron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Someone needs to start a thread to have the NFL take over the team while it gets sold. Done with Chris and Woody, f ing Johnson and Johnson

Taps

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, slats said:

My favorite thing about today is that I now expect to be spared from six and a half months of Mac Sucks! threads. 

I mean, yeah, he sucks, but it was getting awfully boring reading different versions of that same thought twenty times a day. 

Going on 5 years we still have Idzik sucks threads. ?

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is the best Jets day ever. An awful GM fired. The Jets doing the right thing but still looking stupid doing it. A nerd assuming absolute control over an historically idiotic organization. Homers having to publicly eat their own dicks. This is the best Jets day ever. 

I have to own up to being very wrong about this when arguing with you in an earlier thread. I thought Mac on thin ice was just a media creation but you always thought it was real, especially after Gase’s press conference. I apologize for doubting your take, it ewas right on the money. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, docdhc said:

I have to own up to being very wrong about this when arguing with you in an earlier thread. I thought Mac on thin ice was just a media creation but you always thought it was real, especially after Gase’s press conference. I apologize for doubting your take, it ewas right on the money. 

Thank you, docdhc. That’s right and proper of you. No harm done.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s the only guy left standing(?)

Why, was Chrissy lying down when he proclaimed the divided chain of command remains unchanged? When he said 'I' would be embarking on the search for the new GM, was that a reference to Gase's wacky eyes? I mean I get that this is spin too but Gase's control seems somewhere well south of absolute.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Why, was Chrissy lying down when he proclaimed the divided chain of command remains unchanged? When he said 'I' would be embarking on the search for the new GM, was that a reference to Gase's wacky eyes? I mean I get that this is spin too but Gase's control seems somewhere well south of absolute.

Ah. Well, if he gets Joe Douglas—as it appears he will—that’s as “absolute” as he could hope for. Unless Chris Johnson goes rogue and hires his version of Dave Gettleman to restore order, I don’t see how Gase isn’t going to be the bull goose loony.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ah. Well, if he gets Joe Douglas—as it appears he will—that’s as “absolute” as he could hope for. Unless Chris Johnson goes rogue and hires his version of Dave Gettleman to restore order, I don’t see how Gase isn’t going to be the bull goose loony.

Loonier for only being fake in charge most likely. It's pretty well established that not everybody necessarily goes down with the ship, and that incentivizes backbiting. We've only fired a coach and GM at the same time once in 20 years, and they weren't hired together.

12 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Loonier for only being fake in charge most likely. It's pretty well established that not everybody necessarily goes down with the ship, and that incentivizes backbiting. We've only fired a coach and GM at the same time once in 20 years, and they weren't hired together.

I guess my point is that this one differs because Gase is allegedly hand-picking Douglas to do his bidding. If/when it blows up, they're tied at the wrist. Hopefully

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Going on 5 years we still have Idzik sucks threads. ?

What’s your take on this Jet nut ? You were very adamant mac would not only survive this offseason, but very certain he would survive next yrs as well. As a once strong Mac supporter, is your support still with him or the Johnsons ? And Gase 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I guess my point is that this one differs because Gase is allegedly hand-picking Douglas to do his bidding. If/when it blows up, they're tied at the wrist. Hopefully

You think 'hopefully' is enough disincentive for Gase to campaign hard for somebody who runs slower than him for when they're getting chased by a bear? Who's to say that this ******* assistant to the traveling secretary for the Eagles is not just such a guy?

3 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

You think 'hopefully' is enough disincentive for Gase to campaign hard for somebody who runs slower than him for when they're getting chased by a bear? Who's to say that this ******* assistant to the traveling secretary for the Eagles is not just such a guy?

Which would point to Gase being The Decider again, yes?