The reality: The Mac firing/drama doesn't matter

6 minutes ago, static14 said:

I hear you, but this was Gase’s first off season and draft with Mac.  You don’t know till you know.

Fair, but that is the problem with keeping a weak-ish GM around. They have to be smarter than the rest of us. They have to think ahead and question whether Gase, a known pain in the a$$, will play nicely with Macc and what could happen if it doesn't work out. 

As you can see from first post, I am not going to lose sleep over it. But I can't act as if it was handled well. 

I like this new trend of lower management being able to fire their bosses.  I retired all too soon it seems.  I would have fired oh soooo many of my bosses.  Of course the overall head boss would have had to have me report to him independently of my boss for that to work.

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's the dawn of a new Jets era.  What we now know is that Florham Park is filled with some nasty backstabbers, some disgruntled coordinators, and one vicious owner.

The p*ssy days of Todd Bowles are most definitely over.  This is a vicious league.  So let's be a vicious team.  If it starts with the front office, good, let it trickle down to the field.

SAR I

this stuff leaking about Mosley and Bell would not be coming from Gase.  Why sabotage himself? Has to be coming from the other side of things.  The press or macc's pals or macc's pals in the press

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Quite the concession speech. Also, GFY. Also, anyone who laid out to defend Maccagnan has been beclowned. Anyone who started a thread attacking Pauline regarding this information is beclowned. Attributing Maccagnan’s firing to cruel fate or ennui or haha Jets-be-cray is beclowned. Just say you were wrong and silly and a homer. Have some dignity. Maccagnan sucked and the people who said so, whom you and your ilk vigorously attacked for years, were correct about his performance. Equivocate post-facto all you want, but history is undefeated. 

Say what you will about Pac, but I respect that he’s willing to eat a little sh*t today. “Actually, this shocking, franchise-altering move actually doesn’t actually matter, actually; also I was always indifferent as to whether Maccagnan got fired or not” is ******* embarrassing

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Say what you will about Pac, but I respect that he’s willing to eat a little sh*t today. “Actually, this shocking, franchise-altering move actually doesn’t actually matter, actually; also I was always indifferent as to whether Maccagnan got fired or not” is ******* embarrassing

“I’m so indifferent that here are fifty posts excoriating anyone who dared posit that Gase hated Maccagnan as know-nothing trolls” Where the **** is that coward @larz today, btw? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Quite the concession speech. Also, GFY. Also, anyone who laid out to defend Maccagnan has been beclowned. Anyone who started a thread attacking Pauline regarding this information is beclowned. Attributing Maccagnan’s firing to cruel fate or ennui or haha Jets-be-cray is beclowned. Just say you were wrong and silly and a homer. Have some dignity. Maccagnan sucked and the people who said so, whom you and your ilk vigorously attacked for years, were correct about his performance. Equivocate post-facto all you want, but history is undefeated. 

How could anyone question the HC not being in the war room?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Tomshane asked me a few weeks ago what my position on macc was, and back then I was pretty clear in my indifference. He can remember that if he wants, but I have been pretty clear that Macc had many failures that could warrant his dismissal but that I also felt he was improving and was fine with him staying. 
I know it's more fun to just bash me and suggest that I LOVED Macc and wanted to give him a 10 year extension but that just isn't the case. I was DEAD wrong that Macc was close to getting fired. It happens, I have been wrong once or twice in my life. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Tomshane asked me a few weeks ago what my position on macc was, and back then I was pretty clear in my indifference. He can remember that if he wants, but I have been pretty clear that Macc had many failures that could warrant his dismissal but that I also felt he was improving and was fine with him staying. 
I know it's more fun to just bash me and suggest that I LOVED Macc and wanted to give him a 10 year extension but that just isn't the case. I was DEAD wrong that Macc was close to getting fired. It happens, I have been wrong once or twice in my life. 

cool cool, now tell us more about how an NFL team firing its GM is actually not a big deal

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

“I’m so indifferent that here are fifty posts excoriating anyone who dared posit that Gase hated Maccagnan as know-nothing trolls” Where the **** is that coward @larz today, btw? 

We both got so much sh*t for pointing out the obvious and not one of those imbeciles have the balls to say they were wrong. In fact some are actually playing it off as they were on our side of things. Cowards

• Upvote 1

Just now, dbatesman said:

what

A team firing a GM isn't a big deal. Happens a couple of times a year. Many here were begging for it to  happen. That isn't what caused the outrage. That isn't what is getting many here upset. Again, I think you want to rephrase your original question. 

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

A team firing a GM isn't a big deal. Happens a couple of times a year. Many here were begging for it to  happen. That isn't what caused the outrage. That isn't what is getting many here upset. Again, I think you want to rephrase your original question. 

I didn't ask a question and a team firing its GM is actually a very big deal, but you do you man

9 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

cool cool, now tell us more about how an NFL team firing its GM is actually not a big deal

Is it a big deal? Undermining Gase first by letting Maccagnan run the offseason and now by floating this ludicrous Heimerdinger story says to me they still dunno what the **** they're doing.

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I didn't ask a question and a team firing its GM is actually a very big deal, but you do you man

Multiple GMs get fired every year. It rarely a big story. When Bowles got fired, it wasn't a big deal. The circumstances/timing of this firing is the story. 

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Is it a big deal? Undermining Gase first by letting Maccagnan run the offseason and now by floating this ludicrous Heimerdinger story says to me they still dunno what the **** they're doing.

I said it was a big deal, not that the team knows what they're doing. And anyway this isn't really about the firing qua the firing. It's about taking a victory lap around a guy who spent years bitching out anyone who dared to laugh whenever Maccagnan slipped on a banana peel, and then months bitching out anyone who dared to point out that his marriage to Gase sure didn't look healthy, and who's now suddenly decided to pull a Gato and scoff at all of us sheeple who think any of this matters.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Now can people tell me why Mike Shannahan would NOT have been the best move as President for the Jets!

So you let a GM who you just fired to hire the HC for the team?????  :( 

That would make too much sense. This is the Johnson Jets we are talking about. ?

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Multiple GMs get fired every year. It rarely a big story. When Bowles got fired, it wasn't a big deal. The circumstances/timing of this firing is the story. 

"my grandfather died this morning, but who even cares, people die all the time. The only thing interesting is that he died in an autoerotic asphyxiation accident. Sure wish my family would quit making such a big deal out of it"

• Upvote 3

The future is more exiting knowing that there will very likely be a strategical shift towards valuing offense more. It’s been an offense driven and QB centric league for well over a decade.

Gase and the next GM will hopefully start every single deliberation with “how does this support/affect Sam Darnold?” Maccagnan definitely did not do that. 

• Upvote 1

The reality of the thing is, the real mistake was made two or so years ago.  When Woody went across the pond to England, instead of hiring his idiot brother, who knows nothing about football, and has never run a thing,  He should have hired a Chief of football operations, who actually knows something about football to run the team.

11 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Leaning perilously far into bitonti territory here

It's not an argument for Maccagnan any more than it was an argument for Bowles six months ago or Idzik before that. We were already getting laughed at by the good candidates for jobs. Now they let Maccagnan blow up the cap on his way out the door, Gase and Bell seems like it's a lock to turn into a full blown thing, etc. and I don't see why it's supposed to be any different this time. Do you think the Daniel Jeremiah thing is a joke? Because at this point that sounds about right. 

52 minutes ago, flgreen said:

The reality of the thing is, the real mistake was made two or so years ago.  When Woody went across the pond to England, instead of hiring his idiot brother, who knows nothing about football, and has never run a thing,  He should have hired a Chief of football operations, who actually knows something about football to run the team.

Charley Casserly?  Bill Polian? Jed Hughes? 

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Now can people tell me why Mike Shannahan would NOT have been the best move as President for the Jets!

So you let a GM who you just fired to hire the HC for the team?????  :( 

It’s actually rather simple.... the Johnson’s don’t want To be told they can’t play with their toy trains, and if they hire a president or head of football ops, they will be told not to touch their toys anymore and they no likey that idea 

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

It's not an argument for Maccagnan any more than it was an argument for Bowles six months ago or Idzik before that. We were already getting laughed at by the good candidates for jobs. Now they let Maccagnan blow up the cap on his way out the door, Gase and Bell seems like it's a lock to turn into a full blown thing, etc. and I don't see why it's supposed to be any different this time. Do you think the Daniel Jeremiah thing is a joke? Because at this point that sounds about right. 

I’M JUST HERE TO PISS ON JOJO CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME HAVE THIS

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If you don't have faith in  your GM, you don't let him draft and spend valuable cap space that effects future years rosters  and THEN fire him. 

Lol they lost faith  after the moves get made and the terrible draft. And they fired him at the right time actually

• Thumb Down 1