CJ comments on firing (via conf call with media & C. Hughes notes)

Connor HughesVerified account @Connor_J_Hughes 4m4 minutes ago

I’ll be totally honest, I’m more confused about the #Jets decision to let Maccagnan go now than I was before. You fire a guy after a “great” offseason? There’s more to a GM’s job than picking players? No. That is the job.

6 replies 6 retweets 17 likes

Christopher Johnson says there will “be no change” with #Jets structure of coach & GM. It will remain the same.

6 replies 1 retweet 7 likes

Christopher Johnson said he has no remorse about how much money the #Jets paid for their players. “I approved them all.” #jets

1 reply 9 retweets 30 likes

“This was not (Adam Gase) winning a power struggle.” Christopher Johnson says this was his decision. Adds Gase will be involved in picking the next GM. #jets

3 replies 3 retweets 12 likes

Connor Hughes Retweeted Connor Hughes

Quickly tried to ask “then why make a change,” not sure if Johnson was answering that question when he continued for that second part

Connor Hughes added,

Connor HughesVerified account @Connor_J_Hughes
Christopher Johnson says he thinks the #Jets did “a great job” this offseason. “But this is more than Mike, more than Adam. This is about this team moving forward”
2 replies 0 retweets 7 likes

Christopher Johnson says he thinks the #Jets did “a great job” this offseason. “But this is more than Mike, more than Adam. This is about this team moving forward”

4 replies 3 retweets 21 likes

Christopher Johnson said this wasn’t a decision (to fire Maccagnan) he could have made after the year. By “diving deep into the organization” he realized what was wrong. #jets

4 replies 5 retweets 15 likes

Christopher Johnson said the more he looked into his current situation, the more he wanted to move on. #Jets

2 replies 3 retweets 21 likes

Christopher Johnson said that the relationship & “synergy” between Maccagnan and Gase was “not everything” he was looking for #jets

3 replies 6 retweets 16 likes

Johnson said he got himself more involved in the franchise late last year. Sat in on FA, draft meetings, etc. He “watched process, understood more fully” Maccagnan’s role. Said his decision “evolved,” and he came to decision to let him go within the last few days

3 replies 2 retweets 15 likes

Christopher Johnson, on conference call with reporters now, says “there is never a good time to make a decision like this, but it’s a process” #Jets

7 replies 1 retweet 14 likes

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

"synergy" - there is that corporate BS word again. I don't believe this fluff from the corporate ilk. 

Yes, it was a power struggle.

All signs pointed to Mac being happy that Adam was on board instead of a "power" hire like McCarthy.

Mac conducted free agency, the draft and seemed more relaxed than normal - even being more open in his interviews. Meanwhile, Gase is no where to be seen or looking like a zombie with a hat covering his eyes during press conferences.

Gase made his move and Johnson took the bait. It is no wonder the press is so furious. Their pansies and inside men are now gone - replaced by a man who gives two sh*ts about them.

This is Emperor Gase's team with Synergy Johnson in tow.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I think we have underestimated  how much control Chris has around here . He is really calling the shots. “I Approved them all” he is not being shy about it that’s for sure.. 

Means nothing. The owner has final say on all those types of a decisions. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I think we have underestimated  how much control Chris has around here . He is really calling the shots. “I Approved them all” he is not being shy about it that’s for sure.. 

Or he is taking ownership of it to not cast focus on his new coach/GM or the debacle of how long this played out. People in corporate authority will do that as the buck truly stops with them - even if the decision and push did not come from them.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Means nothing. The owner has final say on all those types of a decisions. 

Then why is the narrative he let Mac spend all this money? When he is personally calling the shots  on certain deals like Bell. Last year he personally went after Suh . Till he felt like Suh was using him and publicly withdrew the offer . 

13 minutes ago, MasterChiefJets said:

"synergy" - there is that corporate BS word again. I don't believe this fluff from the corporate ilk. 

Yes, it was a power struggle.

All signs pointed to Mac being happy that Adam was on board instead of a "power" hire like McCarthy.

Mac conducted free agency, the draft and seemed more relaxed than normal - even being more open in his interviews. Meanwhile, Gase is no where to be seen or looking like a zombie with a hat covering his eyes during press conferences.

Gase made his move and Johnson took the bait. It is no wonder the press is so furious. Their pansies and inside men are now gone - replaced by a man who gives two sh*ts about them.

This is Emperor Gase's team with Synergy Johnson in tow.

Love the pic 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Chris is learning on the job and willing to admit mistakes. His answers seem reasoned and logical.  NY Sports Writers are acting like a bunch of bitches.

Great when you can be a total shi* at what you are doing and know you can't be fired.

47 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Connor HughesVerified account @Connor_J_Hughes 4m4 minutes ago

I’ll be totally honest, I’m more confused about the #Jets decision to let Maccagnan go now than I was before. You fire a guy after a “great” offseason? There’s more to a GM’s job than picking players? No. That is the job.

6 replies 6 retweets 17 likes

Christopher Johnson says there will “be no change” with #Jets structure of coach & GM. It will remain the same.

6 replies 1 retweet 7 likes

Christopher Johnson said he has no remorse about how much money the #Jets paid for their players. “I approved them all.” #jets

1 reply 9 retweets 30 likes

“This was not (Adam Gase) winning a power struggle.” Christopher Johnson says this was his decision. Adds Gase will be involved in picking the next GM. #jets

3 replies 3 retweets 12 likes

Connor Hughes Retweeted Connor Hughes

Quickly tried to ask “then why make a change,” not sure if Johnson was answering that question when he continued for that second part

Connor Hughes added,

Connor HughesVerified account @Connor_J_Hughes
2 replies 0 retweets 7 likes

4 replies 3 retweets 21 likes

Christopher Johnson said this wasn’t a decision (to fire Maccagnan) he could have made after the year. By “diving deep into the organization” he realized what was wrong. #jets

4 replies 5 retweets 15 likes

Christopher Johnson said the more he looked into his current situation, the more he wanted to move on. #Jets

2 replies 3 retweets 21 likes

Christopher Johnson said that the relationship & “synergy” between Maccagnan and Gase was “not everything” he was looking for #jets

3 replies 6 retweets 16 likes

Johnson said he got himself more involved in the franchise late last year. Sat in on FA, draft meetings, etc. He “watched process, understood more fully” Maccagnan’s role. Said his decision “evolved,” and he came to decision to let him go within the last few days

3 replies 2 retweets 15 likes

Christopher Johnson, on conference call with reporters now, says “there is never a good time to make a decision like this, but it’s a process” #Jets

7 replies 1 retweet 14 likes

So two years into being the Jets CEO, CJ finally figured out what a Football GM does.  LOL

Well, that's encouraging...………...I guess

• Upvote 4

The magic words to me are "better late than never."

I have noted before that the GMs who drafted many of the NFL's best QBs are no longer employed.

It has been clear to me that Mac was over his head and extended his welcome.  

What scares me is the fact that Heimerdinger was swept out with him, and that Gase supposedly did not want Williams.  Would be nice to see a public hug there.  

• Upvote 2

Nice of him to 'dig into the team' late in the year and finally looking at what a gm does.  This ownership group is a disgrace.  As many of us have said before the owners should be talking to one person.  A long time older vet president guy like a coughlin who has been there and done that and knows the league and can spot problems.

Half these fools think they are Jerry Jones.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Macc should have been fired with Bowles no doubt, but it’s clear as day Chris Johnson is completely without a doubt clueless. It’s also pretty obvious Gase is behind this. Any GM worth hiring is going to look at Johnson and say point blank Gase answers to me, and if the answer is no then they will walk out of the room laughing. This whole structure of having the coach and GM on equal footing is mind numbingly stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

CJ got more involved and started paying attention to the people inside the walls of Florham Park.  Mac was not liked there.  Distant. aloof, a know it all who did not invest in his employees and did not listen to upper management. This is how you get a Hackenburg, pissaway a king's fortune on Revis and the like.  Chis Johnson did the right thing and I respect him for it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1