CJ comments on firing (via conf call with media & C. Hughes notes)

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

I think we have underestimated  how much control Chris has around here . He is really calling the shots. “I Approved them all” he is not being shy about it that’s for sure.. 

mike macaggnan: (holding a cup of coffee and shiving his shlong in chris johnsons agape mouth) you're gonna approve the bell deal after i get done nutting in your mouth you whoa

chris johnson (bobbing up and down furiously on mikes tool) ghharrrgklll garrghghhhfffrrr faargggglllegggh (nods approvingly)

mike macaggnan: all the way down you scrawny twit

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Crisis Management 101 is to declare that everything is fine, the systems worked, the safeguards are in place, and the disaster you just witnessed was 100% aberrational and, more importantly, nobody’s fault. Thank you, drive through. 

WgDJyYn.png

• Upvote 1

wow.  i just read this.  i'm not surprised given how long it took for the jets to get a decent qb and other players.  and mac was always defense centric in the draft.  did he even have a real plan for the rebuild?  apparently his plan and gase's weren't in synch.

3 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

“This was not (Adam Gase) winning a power struggle.” Christopher Johnson says this was his decision. Adds Gase will be involved in picking the next GM. #jets

No, no power struggle at all. The coach helping to choose the GM,  no power struggle at all 

• Upvote 1

Reading between the lines... It's becoming clear why Macc didn't get fired with Bowles... By kissing CJs ass and/or throwing Bowles entirely under the bus as the scapegoat.

Next there's Heimerdinger, who sees right through Macc's ineptitude. Heimerdinger gains support from scouting team and others, then he tries to throw a coup.

CJ watches it all unfold... he probably has a spy or two in the building. He assesses that the dysfunction is too deep and far gone so he pulls the weeds out by the roots.

I'm pretty sure CJ would have rather waited or wish he could've notice it earlier, but in the end he made a command decision to move on. Kudos.

Hopefully we hire a GM that can get Gase under control. He seems too immature to be a leader of men. Stop whining, stay in your lane and win us some games.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

From all accounts, Chris Johnson got the HC he wanted, the DC he wanted, and the FA's he wanted.  During the draft and evaluation process he discovered some things with Mike and the organization that he did not like and took action.

That's what a good CEO does.  Gets his way and ensures he has the right team around him.  This isn't a SOJ moment.  It's the exact opposite.

SAR I

Let’s hope we can look back and say this was the turning point. But the optics look bad  because this decision could of and should of been done while Gase was being hired. That’s what a good CEO would have done. 

Now let’s look back in Jet history. Belichick decided to leave because he didn’t want ownership to pick the players he was coaching. If ownership would have given him “carte Blanche”, he would have stayed. Can we say that Gase is truly calling the shots now? Don’t you think ownership will continue to meddle?

Im not convinced as of yet that they won’t . Don’t get me wrong however, I am hoping that this all works out. 

7 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Why let gase have input in the next gm shouldn't it have been the other way around? The gm picks his coach? Our organization is so backwards

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Take what you can get. Not letting him have major input sets up another built-in excuse for both the HC and GM. At this point, with Gase already hired, let him have his thumb on the scale and then if/when it doesn't work out they both go.

I'm all for getting lucky and having it work out, of course, but the guy that gave Maccagnan an extension after consecutive years of failure will also be in the interview room.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Chris is learning on the job and willing to admit mistakes. His answers seem reasoned and logical.  NY Sports Writers are acting like a bunch of bitches.

The number one lesson Chris Johnson should take from this episode is that he desperately needs to hire a President of Football Ops to serve as an overseer between him and the coaches and GM. Between the hurt he’s taking today and the flaming Woody took with Rex/Idzik, you’d think they’d both want to insulate themselves from this kind of drama.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Nice of him to 'dig into the team' late in the year and finally looking at what a gm does.  This ownership group is a disgrace.  As many of us have said before the owners should be talking to one person.  A long time older vet president guy like a coughlin who has been there and done that and knows the league and can spot problems.

Half these fools think they are Jerry Jones.

Ah. Beat me to it

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

From all accounts, Chris Johnson got the HC he wanted, the DC he wanted, and the FA's he wanted.  During the draft and evaluation process he discovered some things with Mike and the organization that he did not like and took action.

That's what a good CEO does.  Gets his way and ensures he has the right team around him.  This isn't a SOJ moment.  It's the exact opposite.

SAR I

So Chris Johnson is our GM and you're happy about that.  Got it.

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Now let’s look back in Jet history. Belichick decided to leave because he didn’t want ownership to pick the players he was coaching. If ownership would have given him crate Blanche, he would have stayed.

At least Belichick had proven himself multiple times as a top DC.  He was also Parcells' pick to replace him.  I remember thinking when we lost him that he could turn out to be great (though obviously I'd never have imagined 9 SBs and 6 titles). 

What is Gase's track record?  That Peyton Manning spoke glowingly about him?  What else?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Crisis Management 101 is to declare that everything is fine, the systems worked, the safeguards are in place, and the disaster you just witnessed was 100% aberrational and, more importantly, nobody’s fault. Thank you, drive through. 

And crisis management entails spinning the story any way you can to not disclose the real issue. What he spewed out was pure fiction.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Have to wonder if having gase around made him realize that mccagnan was not the major player he was trying to be.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

CJ got more involved and started paying attention to the people inside the walls of Florham Park.  Mac was not liked there.  Distant. aloof, a know it all who did not invest in his employees and did not listen to upper management. This is how you get a Hackenburg, pissaway a king's fortune on Revis and the like.  Chis Johnson did the right thing and I respect him for it. 

Exactly this

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

CJ got more involved and started paying attention to the people inside the walls of Florham Park.  Mac was not liked there.  Distant. aloof, a know it all who did not invest in his employees and did not listen to upper management. This is how you get a Hackenburg, pissaway a king's fortune on Revis and the like.  Chis Johnson did the right thing and I respect him for it. 

Exactly this

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The number one lesson Chris Johnson should take from this episode is that he desperately needs to hire a President of Football Ops to serve as an overseer between him and the coaches and GM. Between the hurt he’s taking today and the flaming Woody took with Rex/Idzik, you’d think they’d both want to insulate themselves from this kind of drama.

not often i agree with you, but this is true.  They need to hire someone and let them take the reigns of these things and just be the faceless money.  CJ is taking a complete thrashing in the new york media today. Even ESPN radio (the home of the jets) has been lambasting the team mercilessly from the moment the news broke.  The only person that has semi defended anything is oddly Anita Marx who's take on the subject is also information i had heard from my sources.  If that info is true, this all makes a lot more sense to me.  

Even still a strong president of football ops is the way to go, not team president neil glat or some other nobody.  

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That would make the Johnsons accountable for their decisions.  That is the last thing either of them want to accept.  This way they always have a scapegoat each year and keep the rest.  That doesn't fix the problem it just creates different problems.  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There's a reason we are all unaware of that prevents this from happening. The most obvious would be the Johnsons are way more involved with the day to day decision making than any of us realize. 

• Upvote 1