The jokes on us. Gase? This is unreal.

ask yourself a simple question

what's the economic incentive for the Jets to winning games vs losing games?

they sell out the stadium either way 

they sell a billion new jerseys just by changing the design (it's still a 4-12 team) 

there's no relegation or anything 

they don't have to win games, they just have to keep the lights on 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Should of, would of etc.......

We wanted him out and he’s gone. Weird timing but the season hasn’t started yet so I would rather do it now than later.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This is probably as good a time to do this as any, except for at the end or the RS. Something must have happened inside to trigger this. Teams don't just rebuild, let the GM d the draft, then fire him in a month.

The problem that NO ONE is pointing out is that when Mac was there it was RUMORED that Gase didn't want Le'Veon Bell. Now it is OUT THERE and Mac was canned over it. How will this affect the HC/Bell relationship? I would say that ship has sailed and I wouldn't doubt if Bell demands a trade or comes in as a sullen/pissed off player who now really doesn't want to play his best. That filters into the locker room as players take sides on the issue. I say Johnson has to fire Gase as well now. He is the one who leaked it to the media that there was a rift between him and Mac and now look at the mess it has brought.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Think about this for a second.  We have a potential franchise QB.  We have $100 Million to spend.  We have the third pick in the draft.  We have the chance to clean house and bring in top, top candidates to be our HC and GM.  With a starved fan base that would immortalize anyone who brings us a title.  We have a job that would have been amazingly attractive.

Instead - our ownership group does what it just did.  

Truth is the jokes on us.  So long as our moron owners own this team the best we can hope for is to get lucky.  Absent total luck it doesn't matter who coaches or who the GM is.  I'm convinced that our ownership group is so inept that it won't matter.

As I've said many times before...this team never lets you feel good.

They are reactionary when they should stay the course.

They hesitate on decisions when they should pull the trigger.

They hold a cringe worthy Press event with a horrid comedian to reveal uniforms that already leaked.

They let incompetents make decisions for them and let them go only after their damage is done.

They are the New York Football Jets.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ex-Rex said:

The problem that NO ONE is pointing out is that when Mac was there it was RUMORED that Gase didn't want Le'Veon Bell. Now it is OUT THERE and Mac was canned over it. How will this affect the HC/Bell relationship? I would say that ship has sailed and I wouldn't doubt if Bell demands a trade or comes in as a sullen/pissed off player who now really doesn't want to play his best. That filters into the locker room as players take sides on the issue. I say Johnson has to fire Gase as well now. He is the one who leaked it to the media that there was a rift between him and Mac and now look at the mess it has brought.

What are you smokin brother???

Fire Gase who has not even started coaching yet? 

Bell is gonna demand to be traded?

Bell is not gonna play his best?

• WTF? 1

20 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Think about this for a second.  We have a potential franchise QB.  We have $100 Million to spend.  We have the third pick in the draft.  We have the chance to clean house and bring in top, top candidates to be our HC and GM.  With a starved fan base that would immortalize anyone who brings us a title.  We have a job that would have been amazingly attractive.

Instead - our ownership group does what it just did.  

Truth is the jokes on us.  So long as our moron owners own this team the best we can hope for is to get lucky.  Absent total luck it doesn't matter who coaches or who the GM is.  I'm convinced that our ownership group is so inept that it won't matter.

As I've said many times before...this team never lets you feel good.

I wonder how many of these "new idea" threads are we gonna get in the next hour? Can we fire posters?

Nobody thinks that maybe it was always the plan to fire mac after the draft and maybe once the word got out CJ got pissed off that once again like the uni  leak things are getting out so he held off. 

imo Mac leaked the new uni look to undermine CJ because he saw the writing on the wall...no inside info but just as plausible as some of the other nonsense on this board today.

1 minute ago, jetspenguin said:

Nobody thinks that maybe it was always the plan to fire mac after the draft and maybe once the word got out CJ got pissed off that once again like the uni  leak things are getting out so he held off. 

imo Mac leaked the new uni look to undermine CJ because he saw the writing on the wall...no inside info but just as plausible as some of the other nonsense on this board today.

Didn't someone have some type of proof that a person with a parted hair-line leaked the image - because their face was reflected in a computer monitor?

Gase did the same thing in miami.  Was hired as head coach and very quickly had full control of the entire organization.  And proceeded to get rid off all the talent because they had personalities that conflicted w/ him.  And ran the organization into the ground.

At least we dont have to worry about him running out the talent here as we dont have any.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, bitonti said:

they sell a billion new jerseys just by changing the design (it's still a 4-12 team) 

I see this argument made all the time -- I'm no expert in sports economics but in a sport with a salary cap and in a market big enough for two franchises what is the economic incentive for them to lose?

We can argue that they are stupid and that they exhibit too much control on Football Ops but there is a lot more money to be made by being good and growing the fanbase-- you take market share aware from the Giants, the Pats, the Dolphins and the Bills (both have a lot of fan in NY/NJ). When you're good you receive more national appeal and coverage.  

57 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Gase did the same thing in miami.  Was hired as head coach and very quickly had full control of the entire organization.  And proceeded to get rid off all the talent because they had personalities that conflicted w/ him.  And ran the organization into the ground.

At least we dont have to worry about him running out the talent here as we dont have any.

miami had been run into the ground wayyyyy  before gase

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

But you could say that about every team in the NFL.  Not all of them run the organization like a 6th grader.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

yep, it was gase's fault tannenhill sucked and then got injured after having one of his best seasons as a qb.  it's all gase's fault.  and i guess landry is just lighting it up in cleveland.  the point is most of those players were very full of themselves and gase didn't do badly without a decent qb.

Gase is going to implode in season # 1. The guy has zero personality, an ego maniac and wants to take on players on the team. Plus, he is a losing NFL head coach who has achieved nothing in the NFL. The NY media is already eating him up alive and it will only get worse with losing during the season. He has 2 assets which can save him:
1. Darnold
2. Gregg Williams

This was a terrible hire, I said it at the time and I will say it again. And, he is a true piece of sh$t. How stupid are our owners to let this guy come in and most likely drive this franchise into dysfunction. Even his boy Manish is after him. This team is a disgrace and extremely hard to root for with this piece of sh$t running the show.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app