MasterChiefJets

Francesa, Media on Maccagnan Firing.

23 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Mike’s spot on here. Win and no one cares. Lose and Gase is out of the league in 3 years. 

Which would've been true regardless.

12 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

The video continues to sell me on Gase. Can't wait for this season. The Jets needed a guy who isn't going to come in and settle for mediocrity. This is either going to go great or down in a ball of flames, quickly. Having a budding franchise QB is so huge.

This is about the best we can hope for.  It feels like an absolutely wild swing but maybe it will be crazy enough to work?  Certainly nothing else this franchise has ever tried has worked.

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

I personally don't think Gase is done. This was a minor battle for him. He's going after CJ. Wait until Woody gets back. Things are just getting good. This is going to blow up royally. 

At this point he basically runs the franchise.  It would be an unbelievably bad PR nightmare if Chris Johnson fires him now that he already pushed Macc out the door, named Gase the interim GM and Gase is going to help pick the next GM.  To fire him now would be a dumpster fire like the league hasn't seen in I don't know how long.  

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Someone needs to tell mike his name is Gase not Gaze.

"Cardwell"

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is the environment in NE.  One guy runs everything, fall in line or your gone.

9 hours ago, Chris & Woody's Butler said:

are you serious.  belli and ne have won 6 rings.  gone to 9 supes.  gase is a scumbag that's done nothing.  we're not ne.  that's a once in a lifetime scenario (6th round pick riding bench finds the field bc of injury) that turns into all timer.  

we're not ne.  we have an ownership problem.

guys want to play for belli.  who wants to play for gase?  no one.  they run.

"Adam Gase-ichick"

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

What, an environment where there is exactly 1 boss and he gives you very clear direction?  Gee, I hate working in companies like that.  Its so much more fun when the owner and senior management can't see eye to eye and every time I trip on a thumbtack I can run to one of them and wallow in my own self-pity.

Today was the last part of the Idzik-to-Bowles lineage.  Rejoice.  Better to put the fate of the franchise in the capable hands of a proven OC and experienced HC than a rookie GM chosen by a head hunting group.

SAR I

Meanwhile, in another post, you were excited that Chris Johnson was pulling the strings to get the HC, DC and FA's that he wanted.

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Woody did something to piss off Francesa because he’s been venomous towards the jets ever since around 2008

More importantly, Woody did something to piss off Belichick.

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Francesa fell asleep again while broadcasting on the Mike Zaun app

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company