Francesa, Media on Maccagnan Firing.

57 minutes ago, MasterChiefJets said:

I think Mike gives some great takeaways from this whole situation. Including his personal interactions with Maccagnan and his take on Gase, ownership and possible outcomes. Giants and Jets are definitely circuses until we see otherwise.

He is very anti-Jets. I don’t think Gase kisses his arse like mac did. So of course there is a bias 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2

It makes absolutely zero sense to fire a GM in May, after letting him have input on picking the coach, after letting him run FA, and after letting him run the draft. 

Mac was not a good GM, so this could turn out fine, but it looks and feels horrible. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He is very anti-Jets. I don’t think Gase kisses his arse like mac did. So of course there is a bias 

I'm not sure he's anti-Jet - any more than he should be.  He calls it like he sees it.  He's been calling out the Jets for year because the Jets deserved to be called out.

Just like he's calling out the Giants now - because they deserve it.

• Upvote 1

I honestly don't know what to think? However, I was already certain Mac needed to go. He was way too slow moving. It's like he thought he was working a 10 year timeline?

Now, I'm afraid Gase will alienate all of our good players just like he did in Miami. I hope that's not the case.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

The video continues to sell me on Gase. Can't wait for this season. The Jets needed a guy who isn't going to come in and settle for mediocrity. This is either going to go great or down in a ball of flames, quickly. Having a budding franchise QB is so huge.

This is about the best we can hope for.  It feels like an absolutely wild swing but maybe it will be crazy enough to work?  Certainly nothing else this franchise has ever tried has worked.

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

I personally don't think Gase is done. This was a minor battle for him. He's going after CJ. Wait until Woody gets back. Things are just getting good. This is going to blow up royally. 

At this point he basically runs the franchise.  It would be an unbelievably bad PR nightmare if Chris Johnson fires him now that he already pushed Macc out the door, named Gase the interim GM and Gase is going to help pick the next GM.  To fire him now would be a dumpster fire like the league hasn't seen in I don't know how long.  

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This is about the best we can hope for.  It feels like an absolutely wild swing but maybe it will be crazy enough to work?  Certainly nothing else this franchise has ever tried has worked.

At worst it won't be a slow agonizing death, and it will to an extent be entertaining.

• Haha 1

I can’t believe this board lol Mac finally gets fired and everyone’s in an outrage because it didn’t happen how we wanted it to? We finally got rid of the idiot in the F.O, and we all know the Johnsons are morons. Wasn’t perfect but im fine with it 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

He's basically speculating all of this. None of it is based on facts. His take on Mac not using the media is just wrong. Mehta has clearly been the mouthpiece for Mac the past year. Gase is an arrogant whack-a-doo, but everyone knows that. Not really a hot take.

I think he's inferred some things with accuracy, but whatevs, Mac is gone. I'm glad.

Favre helped rid us of Penny.

Gase helped rid us of Mac. 

Mac helped rid us of Idzik.

Jets are a flat circle, etc, etc

• Sympathy 1