Francesa, Media on Maccagnan Firing.

11 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol ohh you are a fat mike fan boy huh?? he is a big Fat little biach. So the giants players and coaches refusing to come on his show, Eli already cancelled his show with him, is good for business ? lol you can’t be this stupid bro. This isn’t Howard stern lol. He is only losing people, not gaining. He should have stayed retired. He is even calling into boomers show crying like a little baby.. You are not a real jets fan if you kiss a loud mouth jet hater’s arse 

first of all, grown men don't "lol", so don't "lol" me, ok little boy?

second, Eli cancelled his spot with Mike because they drafted a QB at #6...has nothing to do with Mike. Period.

Mike is a publicity manufacturing genius and those of us who understand how business is done and how to make a dollar can see the forest through the trees.

Don't "lol" me. Just don't do it.

• Thumb Down 1

I won't say he is a scumbag but he is a power hungry emperor. He has accomplished nothing to deserve this amount of power.
Synergy Johnson just gave the keys to the kingdom to a coach who has won absolutely nothing and by all statistics a failure in his only HC gig. 
It may work out, we will have to see. Either this could be the most genius move in NFL history or the Johnsons have been snake-oiled again.

If you work with someone in your office that is incompetent, with a long history of incompetence, indecisive, and frankly going to cost you your job eventually because that man’s performance has a direct impact on yours, you’d just sit the quietly and let it happen? If so I’m sure as Hell glad you’re not coaching the Jets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

If you work with someone in your office that is incompetent, with a long history of incompetence, indecisive, and frankly going to cost you your job eventually because that man’s performance has a direct impact on yours, you’d just sit the quietly and let it happen? If so I’m sure as Hell glad you’re not coaching the Jets.

You have to look at it a few ways.

If that business was a great business, that incompetent would have been let go two years ago or last year when a second incompetent was let go. 

I would also have to have an impressive resume to back up trying to spread my vision, take down or push out a senior official in a business that I was just hired for instead of being vocal in cooperation. I would also need to give clear examples of my on the job service competence which unfortunately will not be visible until later this summer and in the autumn. So essentially I have done nothing.

With my resume, I would not expect to be given the keys to the kingdom unless I have an impressive resume and plan to then run the other incompetent's job with no experience in doing so. How many times have you had to work with someone when you just arrived in a company and it took time to gel?

Of course, the owner of the company must have known that I fought with my previous employer and the press corp that covered their business - including alienating other employees and fighting with the owner.

I must be either an a**hole or a genius to get the keys to the kingdom from this incompetent owner.

• Sympathy 1

45 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Does anyone read that crap?

Cowherd on his show praised the move.

Hell, Cowherd even sounded like a lifelong Jets fan on this one.

Saying it doesn’t take a genius to pick Darnold or Adams when they fall into your lap. You build your rep by hitting on mid-late round picks.

I love that guy

Seems to be the only one in the media who realizes that Macc was despised by at least 3/4 of the fanbase.

• Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And NFLN were killing Jet fans all morning for loving just this.  That theyre happier talking about this than replacing a GM who wasnt getting it done.

National media types know less than local media types who know less than us fans about the teams.

• Upvote 2

You have to look at it a few ways.
If that business was a great business, that incompetent would have been let go two years ago or last year when a second incompetent was let go. 
I would also have to have an impressive resume to back up trying to spread my vision, take down or push out a senior official in a business that I was just hired for instead of being vocal in cooperation. I would also need to give clear examples of my on the job service competence which unfortunately will not be visible until later this summer and in the autumn. So essentially I have done nothing.
With my resume, I would not expect to be given the keys to the kingdom unless I have an impressive resume and plan to then run the other incompetent's job with no experience in doing so. How many times have you had to work with someone when you just arrived in a company and it took time to gel?
Of course, the owner of the company must have known that I fought with my previous employer and the press corp that covered their business - including alienating other employees and fighting with the owner.
I must be either an a**hole or a genius to get the keys to the kingdom from this incompetent owner.

Well considering we’re hiring a GM to replace Macc I’m not sure of the idea of giving Gase keys to the kingdom.

As for taking time to gel, Macc’s track record is obvious. Do you think he should be our GM? I mean, he went through a FA period and draft and it’s a whole lot more of the same. Macc should’ve been fired with Bowles. Apparently CJ didn’t see it that way. After watching the months after more closely (yes he should’ve been watching all along, I get that. CJ is a moron we can agree there), he could see that Gase is decisive. He could see Gase is proactive. He could also see Macc is not. Macc is reactive and indecisive. He’s also got a terrible track record to this point.

There’s no guarantee Gase will be successful, but he’s clearly driven and he clearly has a vision. Macc has shown he has no vision and no balls. Gase just made it abundantly clear by example.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

first of all, grown men don't "lol", so don't "lol" me, ok little boy?

second, Eli cancelled his spot with Mike because they drafted a QB at #6...has nothing to do with Mike. Period.

Mike is a publicity manufacturing genius and those of us who understand how business is done and how to make a dollar can see the forest through the trees.

Don't "lol" me. Just don't do it.

Calm down little man, and get with ages. Ohh ya your the big business guy huh ?? well you must not be good at it if you think your idol trashing his home market teams is good business. You are a bit clueless like mike ?

15 hours ago, Chris & Woody's Butler said:

Gase is a scumbag.  Major scumbag.  It's possible to be an amazing football coach and not a total scumbag (Rams coach).  

I have no respect for Gase.  I can only imagine being a player and having this be the environment.  What a joke.

Achtung

Gase is a scumbag.  Major scumbag.  It's possible to be an amazing football coach and not a total scumbag (Rams coach).  

I have no respect for Gase.  I can only imagine being a player and having this be the environment.  What a joke.

Achtung

Achtung

33 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Well considering we’re hiring a GM to replace Macc I’m not sure of the idea of giving Gase keys to the kingdom.

As for taking time to gel, Macc’s track record is obvious. Do you think he should be our GM? I mean, he went through a FA period and draft and it’s a whole lot more of the same. Macc should’ve been fired with Bowles. Apparently CJ didn’t see it that way. After watching the months after more closely (yes he should’ve been watching all along, I get that. CJ is a moron we can agree there), he could see that Gase is decisive. He could see Gase is proactive. He could also see Macc is not. Macc is reactive and indecisive. He’s also got a terrible track record to this point.

There’s no guarantee Gase will be successful, but he’s clearly driven and he clearly has a vision. Macc has shown he has no vision and no balls. Gase just made it abundantly clear by example.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

All of this could have been avoided and set sooner if we had competent owners. Also, the GM will be Gase's guy. This is his team now as long as he is here.