Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Phillyjet

Like 97, we need a president more than ever

Recommended Posts

This feels like when Parcells was brought aboard by Hess to run the whole operation, and we are clearly at that point again.  Whatever you think about the timing of the Macc firing, it is clear that the Johnsons are clueless.  It took him 4 years to do a “deep dive” into the organization?  Good grief.  We may speculate on the GM opening, but what the Jets need now the most is a president of football operations like Coughlin down in Jacksonville.  Gase is a type A personality and needs a stronger personality to contain him a bit.  A young GM is still gonna need someone to report to who knows what the f*** is going on.  

Two guys who would be highest on my list are Peyton Manning (give him an ownership stake) and Mike Shanahan.  Both have ties to Gase, but would provide the cleansing at the top of the organization that the Johnsons seem unable to do.  Thoughts?

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Phillyjet said:

This feels like when Parcells was brought aboard by Hess to run the whole operation, and we are clearly at that point again.  Whatever you think about the timing of the Macc firing, it is clear that the Johnsons are clueless.  It took him 4 years to do a “deep dive” into the organization?  Good grief.  We may speculate on the GM opening, but what the Jets need now the most is a president of football operations like Coughlin down in Jacksonville.  Gase is a type A personality and needs a stronger personality to contain him a bit.  A young GM is still gonna need someone to report to who knows what the f*** is going on.  

Two guys who would be highest on my list are Peyton Manning (give him an ownership stake) and Mike Shanahan.  Both have ties to Gase, but would provide the cleansing at the top of the organization that the Johnsons seem unable to do.  Thoughts?

 

 

Let me be crystal clear. I am not a Parcells guy. I always thought he was the product of his Assistants.That being said GASE IS NOT IN PARCELLS LEAGUE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. The comparison is ridiculous.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Let me be crystal clear. I am not a Parcells guy. I always thought he was the product of his Assistants.That being said GASE IS NOT IN PARCELLS LEAGUE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. The comparison is ridiculous.

In Gase’s mind hes better then parcells ever was.  Scary.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

Whatever you think about the timing of the Macc firing, it is clear that the Johnsons are clueless.  It took him 4 years to do a “deep dive” into the organization?  Good grief.  We may speculate on the GM opening,

 

 

4 years, geez.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This feels like when Parcells was brought aboard by Hess to run the whole operation, and we are clearly at that point again.  Whatever you think about the timing of the Macc firing, it is clear that the Johnsons are clueless.  It took him 4 years to do a “deep dive” into the organization?  Good grief.  We may speculate on the GM opening, but what the Jets need now the most is a president of football operations like Coughlin down in Jacksonville.  Gase is a type A personality and needs a stronger personality to contain him a bit.  A young GM is still gonna need someone to report to who knows what the f*** is going on.  

Two guys who would be highest on my list are Peyton Manning (give him an ownership stake) and Mike Shanahan.  Both have ties to Gase, but would provide the cleansing at the top of the organization that the Johnsons seem unable to do.  Thoughts?

 

 

 

Couldnt agree more. If they go and hire that guy from Phili, this is going to be a full blown sh*t show.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Neil Glat is currently the President of the Jets.

Oversees uniform development.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Let me be crystal clear. I am not a Parcells guy. I always thought he was the product of his Assistants.That being said GASE IS NOT IN PARCELLS LEAGUE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. The comparison is ridiculous.

That’s not what I said... No way should Gase be in charge.  No way Neil f’ckn Glat should be in charge.  They need a football guy running it from the top. The coach and the GM should be reportijng to a football guy.  That’s the arrangement that Parcells had, even after he stepped down from coaching.  Mr. T was GM, and Groh became coach when Belli didn’t want it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

 The coach and the GM should be reportijng to a football guy.  That’s the arrangement that Parcells had, even after he stepped down from coaching.  Mr. T was GM, and Groh became coach when Belli didn’t want it. 

Lucky us. Thank goodness for football guys.  

Why didn't Belli "want it" again? Please refresh my memory.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

That’s not what I said... No way should Gase be in charge.  No way Neil f’ckn Glat should be in charge.  They need a football guy running it from the top. The coach and the GM should be reportijng to a football guy.  That’s the arrangement that Parcells had, even after he stepped down from coaching.  Mr. T was GM, and Groh became coach when Belli didn’t want it. 

You made the comparison bro. Not me. Even mentioning Gase in the same sentence is ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

That’s not what I said... No way should Gase be in charge.  No way Neil f’ckn Glat should be in charge.  They need a football guy running it from the top. The coach and the GM should be reportijng to a football guy.  That’s the arrangement that Parcells had, even after he stepped down from coaching.  Mr. T was GM, and Groh became coach when Belli didn’t want it. 

Nope Parcells was GM and Head Coach he quit coaching but had one year left on his contract so he stayed on as GM for one year and after Beli didnt want to work for Woody he hired Groh.  When his contract was up he pushed Groh to take the Virginia coaching job and recommended Terry Bradway for GM and Mo Carthon for HC, Bradway chose his buddy Herman Edwards instead.  

Neil Glatt should be a COO, he knows the business side of football from working for the NFL Corporate Development office for 15 years and an MBA from the Wharton School of Business - he knows nothing about field personnel.

I rather compare the Gase situation to Joe Walton's arrangement - years of bad drafting and lousy coaching, but I think Gase is smarter and crazier than Walton - maybe like drunken psycho Walt Michaels - who should never been fired.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sackdance said:

Lucky us. Thank goodness for football guys.  

Why didn't Belli "want it" again? Please refresh my memory.

 

Because the team was being sold to the Johnsons and he wasn’t on board.  He knew Parcells was on borrowed time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

That’s not what I said... No way should Gase be in charge.  No way Neil f’ckn Glat should be in charge.  They need a football guy running it from the top. The coach and the GM should be reportijng to a football guy.  That’s the arrangement that Parcells had, even after he stepped down from coaching.  Mr. T was GM, and Groh became coach when Belli didn’t want it. 

I rather have Gase as GM than Mac.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From an SI article I read over lunch (https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/05/15/new-york-jets-fire-mike-maccagnan?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=themmqb&__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true):

Here’s the battle plan that should feel so familiar now: Hire a GM and a coach, empower them until they fail, listen to either the GM or the coach about why it’s the other guy’s fault and fire one of them. Hire another person who comes in and convinces you that the guy who you kept in the first place should also go after one year, and that really, what the team needs is a guy I’m friends with who won’t challenge me and let me do things my way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair Gase never said he was better than Parcells or insert name. I think he just didn't want to over pay for certain positions and ownership wanted a decisive gm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Phillyjet said:

This feels like when Parcells was brought aboard by Hess to run the whole operation, and we are clearly at that point again.  Whatever you think about the timing of the Macc firing, it is clear that the Johnsons are clueless.  It took him 4 years to do a “deep dive” into the organization?  Good grief.  We may speculate on the GM opening, but what the Jets need now the most is a president of football operations like Coughlin down in Jacksonville.  Gase is a type A personality and needs a stronger personality to contain him a bit.  A young GM is still gonna need someone to report to who knows what the f*** is going on.  

Two guys who would be highest on my list are Peyton Manning (give him an ownership stake) and Mike Shanahan.  Both have ties to Gase, but would provide the cleansing at the top of the organization that the Johnsons seem unable to do.  Thoughts?

 

 

you are not going to get one with a new coach hire in place

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, I mentioned this last week, and also during the draft when these rumors broke.  Chris Johnson is not up for the job running the organization and the Jets need an EVP/Director of Football Operations now more than ever.  GM and Coach (and COO on business side) would report to this person.  I mentioned Peyton Manning as an option.  Mike Shanahan as well.   Chad is probably too young, but he has deeper ties to the team (to Gase as well) and was a Rhodes Scholar in college.

These decisions don’t impact the Joe Douglas decision, or other GM’s, and if done right, would actually attract candidates here, as the President would help cleanse the building, as Tony P would say.  Assuming they get it right.  Which is a big assumption.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

Guys, I mentioned this last week, and also during the draft when these rumors broke.  Chris Johnson is not up for the job running the organization and the Jets need an EVP/Director of Football Operations now more than ever.  GM and Coach (and COO on business side) would report to this person.  I mentioned Peyton Manning as an option.  Mike Shanahan as well.   Chad is probably too young, but he has deeper ties to the team (to Gase as well) and was a Rhodes Scholar in college.

These decisions don’t impact the Joe Douglas decision, or other GM’s, and if done right, would actually attract candidates here, as the President would help cleanse the building, as Tony P would say.  Assuming they get it right.  Which is a big assumption.

Maybe cj firing mccagnan, finally, is his admission that he does need someone else to preside over things.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2019 at 6:57 AM, joewilly12 said:

Image result for jamal adams gifs

Where has this pipsqueak fraud been this week, by the way? Hiding under a pile of androgynous designer clothing until he can post a new Instagram video of a handbag? Does this guy only “lead” when it comes to dancing on the field during losses? What a phony.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

Where has this pipsqueak fraud this week, by the way? Hiding under a pile of androgynous designer clothing until he can post a new Instagram video of a handbag? Does this guy only “lead” when it comes to dancing on the field during losses? What a phony.

What do you want him to do?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Where has this pipsqueak fraud been this week, by the way? Hiding under a pile of androgynous designer clothing until he can post a new Instagram video of a handbag? Does this guy only “lead” when it comes to dancing on the field during losses? What a phony.

Damned if you do damned if you don't.

He stayed away and silent and avoided the haters like you. 

Anything he said he would have been ridiculed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2019 at 12:35 PM, jack48 said:

you are not going to get one with a new coach hire in place

This. You either have to bring in a guy who is happy to have Gase already in place, or you have to be willing to launch Gase (and anyone else) if the new guy says so.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

I’ll give you one more... Curtis Martin.

Yep get a guy that doesn't like football that's the ticket..:rl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 7:41 PM, JetFaninMI said:

Let me be crystal clear. I am not a Parcells guy. I always thought he was the product of his Assistants.That being said GASE IS NOT IN PARCELLS LEAGUE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. The comparison is ridiculous.

Parcells #1 trait was his ability to organize and bring in quality assistants.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Where has this pipsqueak fraud been this week, by the way? Hiding under a pile of androgynous designer clothing until he can post a new Instagram video of a handbag? Does this guy only “lead” when it comes to dancing on the field during losses? What a phony.

I suspect he isn’t happy with his team being painted as a circus (fully deserved) and he’s extremely frustrated. It’s already year 3 for Adams so I think he will focus on himself for his second contract. I don’t blame him either. This place is toxic until there is major change.

I have ZERO basis for this opinion/speculation of mine. Just wouldn’t be surprised if this week really got to him. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I suspect he isn’t happy with his team being painted as a circus (fully deserved) and he’s extremely frustrated. It’s already year 3 for Adams so I think he will focus on himself for his second contract. I don’t blame him either. This place is toxic until there is major change.

I have ZERO basis for this opinion/speculation of mine. Just wouldn’t be surprised if this week really got to him. 

Kid is all heart and cares about winning and success. 

This organization has a way of beating people down players and fans. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Kid is all heart and cares about winning and success. 

This organization has a way of beating people down players and fans. 

The organization’s views do not align with passionate players and fans that want to win.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 8:58 PM, sackdance said:

Lucky us. Thank goodness for football guys.  

Why didn't Belli "want it" again? Please refresh my memory.

 

the bellichicken didn't want the job because he wasn't comfortable in his own skin.  oh he says the ownership change had a lot to do with it but at the end of the day he didn't have enough faith in his coaching ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I suspect he isn’t happy with his team being painted as a circus (fully deserved) and he’s extremely frustrated. It’s already year 3 for Adams so I think he will focus on himself for his second contract. I don’t blame him either. This place is toxic until there is major change.

I have ZERO basis for this opinion/speculation of mine. Just wouldn’t be surprised if this week really got to him. 

On the other hand, Jamal Adams sucks.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...