Chiefs - Jets Agree to Darron Lee trade

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

6th rounder, lol

Gase has free reign to clean house while they search for a new GM. This could get interesting.

Amazing how painful it is to come to grips with how pathetic Mac's picks panned out, when you see someone dealing them away without needing to insulate his reputation in the transaction.

Thought hypothetical, I would argue that was primarily why Mac didn't trade down in this draft. Optics would have been terrible for him if he didn't get full value. 

• Sympathy 1

Wow! Did Gase have to come in and make a trade 10 minutes into his temporary GM job? Obviously he has Chris Johnsons ear. What does this show the other Jets players? Mess up and you get traded to a 1st place payoff team. Good job Gase!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Amazing how painful it is to come to grips with how pathetic Mac's picks panned out, when you see someone dealing them away without needing to insulate his reputation in the transaction.

Thought hypothetical, I would argue that was primarily why Mac didn't trade down in this draft. Optics would have been terrible for him if he didn't get full value. 

Mccagnan saved his butt by picking Adams and darnold, he figured he’d do it again by picking Q and having him be good.

• Upvote 1

Lee was far from worth his pick, but he played very well before his suspension last season.  I freely admit I thought he'd bring back at least a 4th if not a 3rd.  Very surprised at the piss-poor compensation.  Still...it is what it is.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1