AbstraKt

Chiefs - Jets Agree to Darron Lee trade

You miss a few hours around this place for less than a day and BOOM......everything changes. Loving every move so far especially since Mac is gone. Lee is just the icing on the cake and he showed his true trade value. He'll be out of the league within a year or two. 

Today has been a good day.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

This is a disappointment. I still feel very confident Lee was worth a 5th and could have possibly gotten a 4th for Lee. I guess we'll never know?

But one thing we do know is Bowles wanted nothing to do with Minnie? A 6th rounder and Bowles didn't pursue it?

The market sets itself. If NFL teams thought Lee was worth more than a 6th we would have gotten more than a 6th. The fact that he is in the last year of his contract, coming off of his second suspension(one by the team) and flat out sucks at football shows why we got a sixth.

Do you really think Mac or now Gase turned down a fourth rounder, so we could get a sixth? Antonio Brown just got traded for a 3rd and a 5th and he's arguably the best receiver in the league.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

No. I don't think that. I just think they could have gotten higher compensation if they had shopped him longer.

They put a for sale sign around his neck three months ago. How much longer should it have taken?

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think the real issue is that they pulled the trigger with no GM.  What was the rush?  They aren't in camp.  Lee isn't attending or missing anything.  The pick isn't going to be for another 11 1/2 months.  Seems like something could let the new guy handle.  Maybe the Chiefs issued an old tomato. 

They've been shopping him for months, so I'm not sure why you think the compensation would have increased if we held onto a player that the coaching staff wanted no part of......and rightfully so.

Gase obviously knew what offers were on the table and he pulled the trigger sooner rather later. For this I applaud him for getting rid of headcase that has zero future with our team.  

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I didn't say it would.  I am fine with it and have said as much.  I just think that they could have waited.  No major reason to rush.  I guess it sends a message - I'm just not 100% sure the message is "I'm in charge" more than "I'd better get this done before the new guy gets here." 

If you didn't think the compensation would change why hold onto him? They have OTA's coming up next week and maybe they didn't want to risk injury for a guy they were going to cut.

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Did he though? I think as time has passed it looks more like the Jets kept the wrong guy.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

His removal was well deserved at the time but he was by far our best GM over the last 40+ years. Sad but true.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company