AbstraKt

Chiefs - Jets Agree to Darron Lee trade

Honestly hate this trade, I'd rather have rolled the dice on a change of position than save $1.8M and a late 6th.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

What other position do you think he could possibly play?

Would have liked to see him rush the passer from the outside. IMO worth the $1.8M to attempt that while also having depth.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Have to agree so far, though I'm still catching up as I fell asleep early lol.

We save less than $1.8M; someone else will take his roster spot with a minimum cap hit of ~$500K or so. Cap savings is barely over $1M, which is a rounding error on a cap that's fast approaching $200M per year.

It's a statement trade not a value trade. We could have traded our 7th round pick this year for a 6th rounder next year, and it'd have been for a higher 6th rounder than we'll get for Lee.

If it's successful as a "new sheriff in town" move that keeps guys in check, then that has value. Right now it's premature to see that, as I think his reputation (as well as that of Williams) already preceded him as being not Bowles (or K.Rodgers) Part II.

It's not 1 round less than Macc wanted a month or more earlier, as Macc maybe wanted a 5th rounder this year (before the draft). A 5th rounder in 2019 is worth 2 rounds more than a 6th rounder in 2020. Neither value is earth shattering, and each is well below the initial investment in Lee, but the difference is not totally negligible.

Yea I agree, this is absolutely a statement trade. I think the leaks about money spent on Bell and Mosley is a sign to Leo that we won't break the bank for limited production.

• Upvote 3

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company