AbstraKt

Chiefs - Jets Agree to Darron Lee trade

20 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

don't understand this response.  my point was that gase knew lee sucked and wanted mccagnan to trade him, that's why he traded him when he could.

Getting suckered doesn't always equate with sucking. Coaches can/should provide cues that would indicate when and when not to chase or vacate an area.  Your complaint honestly sounded as much with the coaching as the player. 

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

They put a for sale sign around his neck three months ago. How much longer should it have taken?

I think the real issue is that they pulled the trigger with no GM.  What was the rush?  They aren't in camp.  Lee isn't attending or missing anything.  The pick isn't going to be for another 11 1/2 months.  Seems like something could let the new guy handle.  Maybe the Chiefs issued an old tomato. 

50 minutes ago, RobR said:

They've been shopping him for months, so I'm not sure why you think the compensation would have increased if we held onto a player that the coaching staff wanted no part of......and rightfully so.

Gase obviously knew what offers were on the table and he pulled the trigger sooner rather later. For this I applaud him for getting rid of headcase that has zero future with our team.  

I didn't say it would.  I am fine with it and have said as much.  I just think that they could have waited.  No major reason to rush.  I guess it sends a message - I'm just not 100% sure the message is "I'm in charge" more than "I'd better get this done before the new guy gets here." 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Waited for what?  Did you need to see more of  every tight end and their brother get first downs at will on Darron Lee?

Until there was a GM. 

10 hours ago, RobR said:

If you didn't think the compensation would change why hold onto him? They have OTA's coming up next week and maybe they didn't want to risk injury for a guy they were going to cut.

You're right.  I'd want him gone by OTAs.  OTOH, this screams of trying to get away with something while there is a substitute teacher.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company