AbstraKt

Chiefs - Jets Agree to Darron Lee trade

55 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Gase got fleeced. He’s a coach not a gm 

amateur hour 

Fire the GM!!!

(Administratively, can you do that twice in the same day?)

• Haha 3

The purge is on!  I'm fine with it.  I just hope we don't throw out the good with the bad.  Guys like Leo, Jenkins, Adams, Darnold....those were good acquisitions.  Don't sell them for 50 cents on the dollar just because they're not "your guys."  Lee is different.  He lost his starting job, he's in Year 4 and he wasn't productive.  A suspension for banned substances was icing on the cake.  Whether it's a 4th or a 7th, it was time to move on from Lee.  I think CJ Mosely, Avery Williamson and Neville Hewitt can hold it down at ILB without the midget.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigalbarracuda said:

We got Blake Cashman we don't need Darron Lee anymore!

But seriously, someone said it earlier -- you don't make this move you lose him for nothing next tear so I'd rather the extra pick. With any luck they use it and reestablish some actual depth.

Let's take the best available Kicker or Long Snapper in Round 6 next year.  I don't care.  That guy would contribute more than Lee likely would.

We're spending a fortune on ILB right now and Lee has been pushed out of the starting lineup.  No reason to keep him hanging around.  Cut your losses.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

now what about Leonard Williams?  

I'd actually keep him and try to extend him at a market rate, making the argument to him that he's risking injury and potentially getting shown up by a younger, better DT in Quinnen Williams.  Get him a 5-year deal for something like $13-14M per year.  You structure it so that his Cap hit goes down in years 4 and 5 just as QW starts to become more expensive with his 5th year option.  The Jets will then have good options around 2023.  JMHO.  That's the way I'd try to do it.  The Jets are going to pay Leo $14M anyway this year.

2 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Better than having to pay him 14Mill a year, when Henry Anderson will put up twice the production.

If Maccagnan was still here, so would Williams at 14 and Lee also, only few of the handful left to show for Maccagnan’s first 4 drafts.

I disagree.  I think Leo is better than people give him credit for.

We are where we are.  It's time to move forward.  Even Neville Hewitt was looking better at ILB than Darron Lee last year.  We'll survive with Hewitt, Avery Williamson and a perennial Pro Bowler in CJ Mosely.

Let's get a new GM in here to manage a team that hopefully already has it's franchise QB and now has a full complement of draft picks at 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6, and 7 next year.

The team finally has some talent after fielding a piss-poor roster for almost a decade.  We have young talent in Darnold, Herndon, Leo, Jenkins, Adams, Crowder, etc. and promising rookies like QW and Polite.

I can't get on the misery train today.  I'm okay with where we are and where we seem to be going.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Like 2

It's not midnight yet.  What else could happen today?

Trade Leo?  Announce that the Jets are building their own stadium?  Move the team to Los Angeles?

• Like 1

Apparently we had nothing but love for him. At least Max knows that Lee wasn’t running around here with a secret handle reading the board all these years. 

• Upvote 2

Any thoughts that holding onto Lee a little longer may have increased his trade value with the injury to ILB Reuben Foster of the Washington Redskins?

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company