AbstraKt

Chiefs - Jets Agree to Darron Lee trade

Obviously it’s not much value but what exactly were you guys expecting off a trade? Teams aren’t stupid, Lee has been an undersized and underwhelming player his whole career, just got suspended, and is at the end of his contract. And oh yeah, the Jets further lost any leverage the minute they signed Mosley. 

I don’t consider this a good move or anything, just hard to see how they were ever going to do anything better at this point. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I did say if it was a trade purely for statement, that has value. In terms of value, they didn't get much of any. They lose a cheap, young, healthy 3-year starter this year for a late 6th rounder next year.

I have no particular love for Lee as a player (nor as a person). He sold low here, so the trade's only value is the "whoa" value to the rest of the roster. Hopefully it has that effect and guys fall in line in part because of it. I can get behind that.

If he is productive for KC this year - if he's anywhere near as productive as he was last year, with his glorious top 10 PFF ranking for most of the season -  it's going to look foolish absent the Jets fielding a top 5-ish defensive unit in 2019 (something Williams has achieved once - barely - since the 2004 ended). 

I agree, but I think once the Jets decided to bend over for Mosley I'd rather have the draft asset personally. Even with an improvement last year, he still wasn't going to see a lot of snaps unless someone got injured. Can't see that going over too well in a contract year.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company