AbstraKt

Chiefs - Jets Agree to Darron Lee trade

55 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i should think williams had some input.  6th seems pretty cheap for lee.  there may be something else going on besides his play on the field.

Exactly.  Lee is a head case. KC a perfect landing spot.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Great move. Seriously all the people who wanted Lee gone now all of sudden don't think a 6th is enough. @jetstream23 I think said it best but yeah we hate Macc but apparently not in May .. so ridiculous. I love these loves these moves..

Macc gone, Lee gone, get rid of anyone else that under performs. A guy off the street with upside or in this case a draft pick (cashman) is way better than a known let down. Glad to see we finally have a head coach and GM that finally realized it.

now what about Leonard Williams?  

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'd actually keep him and try to extend him at a market rate, making the argument to him that he's risking injury and potentially getting shown up by a younger, better DT in Quinnen Williams.  Get him a 5-year deal for something like $13-14M per year.  You structure it so that his Cap hit goes down in years 4 and 5 just as QW starts to become more expensive with his 5th year option.  The Jets will then have good options around 2023.  JMHO.  That's the way I'd try to do it.  The Jets are going to pay Leo $14M anyway this year.

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I disagree.  I think Leo is better than people give him credit for.

I am certainly in favor of waiting to see how Leo plays under Greg Williams.  And next to Quennin Williams.  I have always been a Leo fan but was really disappointed last season.   No doubt Greg Williams has some interesting plans for his two Williamses.  Greg Williams had no use for Lee.  If he did, then Gase would not have traded him.

Most people are ignoring that the Lee trade has Greg Williams written all over it.  He did not want Lee in the room.  End of story.  Gase got it done.  Mac refused or couldn't or wouldn't or whatever and I'll bet Williams and Gase bitched about it to Chris Johnson.   Goodbye Maccagnan and f-ck you.  You sucked.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

This is such a mind-numbingly bad take...  There is no coach or GM in the NFL who would rather have Henry Anderson than Leonard Williams.  You'd get laughed out of the room for proposing it.

this is correct.  We'd be stupid not to see what Greg Williams can do with his two Williamses on the line this season. I'm looking forward to it.  Lee on the other hand had no purpose here and Williams wanted him out of Florham Prak.  FOr some inexplicable self-serving reason, Mac refused or was just too incompetent to get it done.  No doubt both of them bitched about it to CJ.  Buh-bye Mac....  stoopid doofus.

• Upvote 2

Just now, BRONX DUDE said:

My guess Tiny LB is smiling right now also!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets see his smile when he's out of the league in the next 2 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

you are bad at evaluating football players

I need to give you props.  You were right about Lee from the second he set foot on the field.  Never an equivocation.  Impressive Carlos.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I hated the Gase hire, so I have no interest in defending him, but if the reports are true that this was an ongoing negotiation with KC, and it was only a difference of Maccagnan pushing for a higher pick (5th) and Gase accepting their offer (6th), it sounds like they really just wanted him off the team.  If that's the case, dragging a guy like that into camp may not go well.

Don't get me wrong, the move is nothing worth being celebrated, given how low of a return it was, but a disappointing player with a bad reputation relegated to backup duty that is not thought well of by his new HC or DC is hardly someone to get worked up over either.

Greg Williams didn't want Lee in his room.  Probably bitched to CJ that Mac couldn't/wouldn't/didn't get it done.  Funny how Gase gets it done within hours of Mac handing in his swipe card.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pac said:

And for the Supreme Overlords first move he gets pennies on the dollar for a young LB who was ascending...

ugh.. this could get ugly.

Greg Williams wanted him out of here.  Mac wouldn't/couldn't/didn't. Gase did.  +1 for gase.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company