Chiefs - Jets Agree to Darron Lee trade

On 5/16/2019 at 11:16 PM, RobR said:

His removal was well deserved at the time but he was by far our best GM over the last 40+ years. Sad but true.

But that still doesn't mean he should have been retained. Mark Sanchez, Kyle Wilson, Vlad Ducasse, Quinton Coples, Stephen Hill, Tim Tebow, etc.? Tanny's ouster was richly DESERVED.

• Upvote 1

Although it feels like the Jets should have received more for Lee, you seldom see teams get exciting compensation for players they are trying to get rid of.  At least in recent years.

The Sheldon trade was one of the best for the selling teams in recent past. 

I think teams are putting much more value on their draft picks, because of what FAs cost.  

6 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

But that still doesn't mean he should have been retained. Mark Sanchez, Kyle Wilson, Vlad Ducasse, Quinton Coples, Stephen Hill, Tim Tebow, etc.? Tanny's ouster was richly DESERVED.

The salary cap hell he put us in was another big reason for his ouster. 

I just heard an interesting thing on Sirius XM. They were talking about player movement etc.
the one guy Bruce Murray maybe was talking about his days in Cincy. The Owner would say that if you were going to cut a guy and there were more than 2 waiver claims then you did a bad job as the dir of player personnel. If there were more than 2 that means the player has value on the market. You can get a low pick or at worst another player to take a shot on. The really good guys have this understood and rarely cut players with any value. That was really interesting and supports why we need a Full time GM right away.

Gase just cut legget and there were 5 waiver claims. Could have gotten a project C or G or CB potentially for him. Someone the other team was going to cut.

I look forward to being a team that plays this offseason game at a high level. So much lord potential when it’s done well.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

No we need that 6th for a possible trade up 10 spots for an additional OL from mid-rd 3 into high round 3.

Lee shoulda been cut.  We got a 6th.  Tom Brady and Terrell Davis were picked in the 6th rd

• Upvote 1

Even after a week, I still can't get to a place where I can feel good about this trade. The more I think about it, I think it's the timing the really bugs me the most. If you're willing to accept next to nothing for him, why did it need to be done right now? Look at all the injuries just in OTAs/mini camps. If we held him a couple more months we might have been able to take advantage of an injury. 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed he ends up being a bottom of the list free agent next year and not the flip side of the Anderson trade 

Lee shoulda been cut.  We got a 6th.  Tom Brady and Terrell Davis were picked in the 6th rd

Just saying that we got a 6th nullifies your point that he should have been cut. Good FO’s know how to maximize value. You don’t throw valuable assets in the trash. We should have held out for at least a 5th for Lee and we most likely could have gotten something fir legget as well.

5 waiver claims.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Even after a week, I still can't get to a place where I can feel good about this trade. The more I think about it, I think it's the timing the really bugs me the most. If you're willing to accept next to nothing for him, why did it need to be done right now? Look at all the injuries just in OTAs/mini camps. If we held him a couple more months we might have been able to take advantage of an injury. 
I'm keeping my fingers crossed he ends up being a bottom of the list free agent next year and not the flip side of the Anderson trade 

Injury for what? Darren Lee in no way shape or form is a starting NFL LB. no team is looking at him as such. None. If they were then a team easily would have offered more for him. Luvu is straight up better than Lee. You guys are all butthurt that we didn’t get some imaginary value for him that was never offered. You act like we turned down a bunch of 5th round offers to take KC’s 6th. Darren Lee is too small to play LB in the NFL. Funny thing is this entire board called that fact when he was drafted and somehow are now thinking we should’ve gotten more for him when that fact came true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1