Chiefs - Jets Agree to Darron Lee trade

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

They put a for sale sign around his neck three months ago. How much longer should it have taken?

I think the real issue is that they pulled the trigger with no GM.  What was the rush?  They aren't in camp.  Lee isn't attending or missing anything.  The pick isn't going to be for another 11 1/2 months.  Seems like something could let the new guy handle.  Maybe the Chiefs issued an old tomato. 

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think the real issue is that they pulled the trigger with no GM.  What was the rush?  They aren't in camp.  Lee isn't attending or missing anything.  The pick isn't going to be for another 11 1/2 months.  Seems like something could let the new guy handle.  Maybe the Chiefs issued an old tomato. 

They've been shopping him for months, so I'm not sure why you think the compensation would have increased if we held onto a player that the coaching staff wanted no part of......and rightfully so.

Gase obviously knew what offers were on the table and he pulled the trigger sooner rather later. For this I applaud him for getting rid of headcase that has zero future with our team.  

• Upvote 2

He's not the the of player they wanted.

He's mega soft for a LB.

He has mental and league punishment issues.

He decided not to show up for optionals.

If they hung on to him they would probably end up cutting him and getting nothing.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, RobR said:

They've been shopping him for months, so I'm not sure why you think the compensation would have increased if we held onto a player that the coaching staff wanted no part of......and rightfully so.

Gase obviously knew what offers were on the table and he pulled the trigger sooner rather later. For this I applaud him for getting rid of headcase that has zero future with our team.  

I didn't say it would.  I am fine with it and have said as much.  I just think that they could have waited.  No major reason to rush.  I guess it sends a message - I'm just not 100% sure the message is "I'm in charge" more than "I'd better get this done before the new guy gets here." 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I got a feeling trading Lee was the breaking point

Mac wanted to keep Lee or get more for him.  Gase was like “no he stinks get him off my roster now”

44 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He's mega soft for a LB.

If they hung on to him they would probably end up cutting him and getting nothing.

Darron Lee and Buster Skrine have made watching the jets last 3 years a torture fest

Both guys suck, can’t cover, get dumb penalties (particularly Skrine) they are the epitome of Todd Bowles football and needed to go

• Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I didn't say it would.  I am fine with it and have said as much.  I just think that they could have waited.  No major reason to rush.  I guess it sends a message - I'm just not 100% sure the message is "I'm in charge" more than "I'd better get this done before the new guy gets here." 

Waited for what?  Did you need to see more of  every tight end and their brother get first downs at will on Darron Lee?

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

If you didn't think the compensation would change why hold onto him? They have OTA's coming up next week and maybe they didn't want to risk injury for a guy they were going to cut.

5 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Did he though? I think as time has passed it looks more like the Jets kept the wrong guy.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Macagnan’s resume:

4 years

0 playoff appearances 

3 losing seasons

14-34 last 3 seasons

Most draft picks out of the NFL in that time span

Gave Wilkerson, Revis and Trumaine Johnson $250 million combined

Let Snacks walk

bid against himself for Fitzpatrick 

drafted Hackenberg in round 2

Passed on Kenny Golladay and Kareem Hunt for Ardarius Stewart

Passed on Orlando Brown for a 26 yr old DT who he admitted to never seeing play

His best free agent signing is a pot head running back who refuses to go to practice 

Refused to trade bust Darron Lee

Macagnan absolutely should have been fired

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Macagnan’s resume:

4 years

0 playoff appearances 

3 losing seasons

14-34 last 3 seasons

Let Snacks walk

His best free agent signing is a pot head running back who refuses to go to practice 

Yeah so I was referring to Tanny not Mac. Thanks for posting what everyone in the universe knows though.

8 minutes ago, RobR said:

His removal was well deserved at the time but he was by far our best GM over the last 40+ years. Sad but true.

I agree, He even did a pretty good job with the Phins. If the Jets had a do over I would bet it would be Rex who would be the one fired.

My take on this situation. I would of like to keep lee for depth, But I’m not the coach and I like Gase so if if thinks lee was not his type of player by being a distraction by bitching about be a back up low play time. Then do it who cares if it was only a 6. 

We have a new head of the family and no ones safe for not falling into line. And that’s just want this team needs. This time will not play halfass this year and die in the 4th quarter any more. If we lose it’s because of talent. 

F8AF4712-EA57-43EA-8BB1-313DF440B282.png

46 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Macagnan’s resume:

4 years

0 playoff appearances 

3 losing seasons

14-34 last 3 seasons

Let Snacks walk

Passed on mahomes. Imo, that should be #1 with a bullet.

we needed a franchise qb and he passed

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, RobR said:

If you didn't think the compensation would change why hold onto him? They have OTA's coming up next week and maybe they didn't want to risk injury for a guy they were going to cut.

You're right.  I'd want him gone by OTAs.  OTOH, this screams of trying to get away with something while there is a substitute teacher.

On 5/16/2019 at 9:27 PM, Beerfish said:

He's mega soft for a LB.

Addition by subtraction 

12 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Any thoughts that holding onto Lee a little longer may have increased his trade value with the injury to ILB Reuben Foster of the Washington Redskins?

I too am upset Gase didn’t predict the future

On 5/16/2019 at 11:16 PM, Philc1 said:

Macagnan’s resume:

4 years

0 playoff appearances 

3 losing seasons

14-34 last 3 seasons

Let Snacks walk

Nice summary.

This is so totally off the wall absurd. I'll almost guarantee he makes their roster. The only thing that could stop Lee is if he gets in trouble again. Lee is as dumb as a brick, so I suppose it's possible.

He doesn’t have a position. He’s a liability as a LB, not aggressive or fast enough to play SS, and can’t cover to play FS. He was drafted as a hybrid player that Bowles created in AZ, except Lee wasn’t good enough to play that role.

The bottom line is NFL teams do not like holding a roster spot up for a guy that is not a viable backup at the position. Injuries happen and roster spots are way too valuable. Lee will go the way of Hobson, Coples, Pryor, Rhodes. All guys that Jets fans either substantially overrated on the field, or stubbornly felt the player was worth more simply because he was drafted high. All this talk about how we should’ve gotten more in return, you people act like we turned down higher offers because we like KC lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any thoughts that holding onto Lee a little longer may have increased his trade value with the injury to ILB Reuben Foster of the Washington Redskins?

Sure I will, Lee is not a LB. no team in the NFL is looking at him as a viable option to be a starter. Why do you think KC held steadfast at a low 6th round compensation and not give up a 5th? A late 6th rounder is worth a flyer that you’re not married to. A 5th rounder is where you enter the territory of really needing that player to make the roster in some fashion. If they cut Lee it’s no real skin off their back.

But Foster going down has nothing to do with Lee. No one considers him as a viable starting LB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/16/2019 at 11:16 PM, Philc1 said:

Macagnan’s resume:

4 years

0 playoff appearances 

3 losing seasons

14-34 last 3 seasons

Let Snacks walk

This is obviously the condensed version.