Chiefs - Jets Agree to Darron Lee trade

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They're bouncing Lee for chump change because he skipped OTA's. I'd expect Gase is going to chop a few heads off to set a tone. I'm interested, moving forward, in what happens to Leonard Williams and Robbie Anderson. 

Leo is as good as gone.

Robbie Anderson isnt going anywhere.  Hes our best offensive player.  Although he is a dope in the offseason, i think hes all business when hes in the building.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Leo is as good as gone.

Robbie Anderson isnt going anywhere.  Hes our best offensive player.  Although he is a dope in the offseason, i think hes all business when hes in the building.

Bell and Crowder are better

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Leo is as good as gone.

I'm just thinking of guys that Maccagnan would re-sign to save face that Gase has no attachment to. If Gase has a vision about what he wants this roster to look like and he's got a week to move some pieces around, this is his chance to do it without getting blood on the hands of Joe Douglas.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Our HC knows Lee isn’t a fit and trades him the same day he becomes interim GM. Why is this a bad thing? If Lees not gonna play why wait and risk injury? Gase is already the villain for guiding the Johnsons to make a decision they should have made a year ago 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

I'm just thinking of guys that Maccagnan would re-sign to save face that Gase has no attachment to. If Gase has a vision about what he wants this roster to look like and he's got a week to move some pieces around, this is his chance to do it without getting blood on the hands of Joe Douglas.

Leo getting traded is like 75% after they drafted Quinnen. But I think that it'll be for a player. Maybe a CB or Center. The chances of Anderson getting traded are 50/50. I think that would be for a pick.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Leo is as good as gone.

Trading Leo without having a new GM on board would be a bad news -- you don't move an asset like that before you hire the guy taking the personnel reins. Unless of course they get a 1st rounder next year haha

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They're bouncing Lee for chump change because he skipped OTA's. I'd expect Gase is going to chop a few heads off to set a tone. I'm interested, moving forward, in what happens to Leonard Williams and Robbie Anderson. 

I thought he was told to stay away so he wouldn't get injured, in case of a trade.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If this is true, 1. Imagine holding on to a malcontent player for months because you want a fifth rounder and not a sixth. And, 2. Gives you an idea of how paralyzed Maccagnan would be on draft day when trade offers are being presented to him and he has five minutes to decide on them. Allegedly, that's how they lost out on a Kamara trade, because Macc couldn't pull the trigger.

Maybe the indecision is what CJ saw in Macc that made him ultimately make the move

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If this is true, 1. Imagine holding on to a malcontent player for months because you want a fifth rounder and not a sixth. And, 2. Gives you an idea of how paralyzed Maccagnan would be on draft day when trade offers are being presented to him and he has five minutes to decide on them. Allegedly, that's how they lost out on a Kamara trade, because Macc couldn't pull the trigger.

Couldn’t admit he messed up with his first round pick.  Yep.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Gase immediately getting fleeced lol. Couldn't move him fast enough. I wonder who is next?

He got a draft pic for a player that won’t even make KC’s roster and will be out of the league. Hardly fleeced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

Just now, choon328 said:

Maybe the indecision is what CJ saw in Macc that made him ultimately make the move

I'd imagine that if both Gase and Heimerdinger had it out for Maccagnan, and Johnson was hearing it from both angles, that this would be one of many determining factors. 

• Upvote 2

Lee was going to cut anyway and others have said, they couldn't get any team to bite on him before the draft. Also, I think this was more from Greg Williams than Gase. Lee never did fit the GW mold. He doesn't like small cover LB'ers that can't rush the QB.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'd imagine that if both Gase and Heimerdinger had it out for Maccagnan, and Johnson was hearing it from both angles, that this would be one of many determining factors. 

You should be celebrating today Tommy. You got rid of Mac and Lee in1 day. Jeez, you should play the lotto. lol

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

How is an interim gm allowed to make major moves 

What major move did he make?

55 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

Gase immediately getting fleeced lol. Couldn't move him fast enough. I wonder who is next?

What round pick do you usually get for a bust on the last year of his deal who you spent the past two offseasons replacing and who you were going to cut anyway?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

55 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i should think williams had some input.  6th seems pretty cheap for lee.  there may be something else going on besides his play on the field.

Exactly.  Lee is a head case. KC a perfect landing spot.  

• Upvote 1

Real head scratcher here. He’d be a way better back up vs a 6th rd pick. Just don’t see the value is this move. But to be honest we all knew this trade would go down in this fashion no matter the GM. Jets seemed pretty determined to get rid of him so let’s not judge Gase off this one move (even if it was a bad one?)

12 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

He got a draft pic for a player that won’t even make KC’s roster and will be out of the league. Hardly fleeced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You dont think he'll make the roster?

Was expecting more return but yeah, the suspension, and the fact that he's not that great. I guess it's about right, actually.