Dear Mike Maccagnan - A letter that you will never read

Dear Macc,

I like you as a friend, but I'm happy that you're gone. I wanted you to succeed in the worst way for two reasons. One reason being that your success would have been New York Jets success, The other reason was to prove your doubters wrong. You failed in creating success, and you failed at proving the doubters wrong. For those two reasons, I welcome your dismissal. I would have liked for you to have been dismissed before the off-season or at the end of the 2019 season. The one thing that HAS been proven is that Woody and Chris are clueless at running a football organization. The convoluted organizational structure gave you the plausible excuse of your failure being partly because  of you being a GM who reports along side of the HC. After seeing the 2019 draft, any doubt that I had  that you were not the right GM for the Jets was removed. Kudos for not being hosed by a bad trade down, but no special praise for picking the BPA who may actually be the best player in the draft. Kudos are deserved for taking a chance on Polite. Drafting an OL in round three  was a decent move but many years too late. Building an OL is your major weakness. A bad QB becomes an awful QB behind a bad line. A young QB behind a bad line is not setting him up for success. Can you please tell me why you drafted a TE, LB, and long shot CB when we needed offensive linemen? There is no doubt that rounds 5, 6 and 7 are not the best place to find starting caliber OL, but you did manage to find a plug and play RT in Brandon Shell in the 5th. 

I hold no ill will against you because I believe that you did try. Good luck with you and your family. Thank you for Sam Darnold. 

Sincerely,

Long suffering New York Football Jets Fan

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1