Whether you are happy Mac is gone or not

15 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Complete joke of a franchise, but what's new? Still rather fire him 2 years and a 3 months late than make it 3 years. I could also care less in a year what the crybabies in the media had to say about us in May because they lost their source. Not if things work out.

Exactly what makes you think things will work out? We had people in place at the top that at least had defined roles in the things they were brought in to do. As bad as Mac was, he was brought here to be the GM and Gase was brought here to be the HC. Now Gase is the GM and if you think another GM is going to waltz in here thinking he is going to run this team with egomaniac Gase in charge of the team now from top to bottom, think again. We are going to get Idzik 2.0 as a GM. 

We are screwed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Think about it, at this point if the team is successful this season it would be a good part because of Macc and we just fired him.  

This is his team for the upcoming season and we fire him now?  Sad day for the franchise.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Sarge4Tide said:

The opposite spin is:

"Whether you thought the timing was bad or not, at last someone finally had the balls to fire an incompetent loser instead of just going down the path of least resistance and accepting mediocrity"

You don't  get it. This is not about removing Mac. He deserved  to be fired for drafting Hackenberg alone as well as the sring of second round busts. This Is about this team effing up something royally as can be. Something that would have made sense had it been done any other way. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, More Cowbell said:

You don't  get it. This is not about removing Mac. He deserved  to be fired for drafting Hackenberg alone as well as the sring of second round busts. This Is about this team effing up something royally as can be. Something that would have made sense had it been done any other way. 

What? Is that supposed to make sense? You're  just incoherently babbling now.  

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Today is confirmation that this organization is as dysfunctional  as ever. 

I don't  care if Mac sucked as a GM, it made absolutely  no sense to fire him now. Things were actually taking on the resemblance of a team and front office that seemed to have a plan and was putting it together. Today the Jets ripped all that up. We are once again the most screwed up team in NY from an organization  standpoint. If they were going to fire Mac, after he picks a new HC, spends tens of millions in FA, and just completed a draft where he had the #3 selection was not the time. Mac should have been shown the door the day after the season ended. He did nothing to make a case for keeping his job except draft Darnold which he did deserve credit for. Most of the time putting a FQB on your team buys you a year and I think he deserved to see it through for making the moves that landed him but I would not have been shocked if he was canned along with Bowles. Nobody would have, but what happened today is freaking as dysfunctional as anything that ever happened in the NFL. 

This team is a freaking joke. 

I think the last team that fired their GM between the draft and preseason was Kansas City.  GM that was fired John Dorsey.  KC seems fine.  This is just May overreactions honestly.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

The media is just pissed off because they feel lied too and they are peddling the circus narrative. Whether the timing was bad or not, We didn’t fire Ron wolf or Ozzie Newsome. It’s funny that every move the Jets make Is so controversial...even trading a non pro bowl underachieving LB is scrutinized.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

What? Is that supposed to make sense? You're  just incoherently babbling now.  

No that wasn't incoherent OR babbling. What are you talking about? He's right. Terrible timing, terrible PR. And the Leveon story breaking too was nonsense.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dcronin said:

No that wasn't incoherent OR babbling. What are you talking about? He's right. Terrible timing, terrible PR. And the Leveon story breaking too was nonsense.

Who cares? Yesterday at this time Mike Maccagnan was gm of the Jets, now he isn't. Somebody grew a pair and fired him. That's a great thing. End of story 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I think the last team that fired their GM between the draft and preseason was Kansas City.  GM that was fired John Dorsey.  KC seems fine.  This is just May overreactions honestly.

Lets not forget the most important part and that is we are talking about the New York Jets organization here.  Im sure we will be just fine as we have a stellar history of making competent decisions in this league. 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

How is it babbling. This team has no plan, no course. It's  like we make decisions  by flipping a coin. 

Firing an incompetent person is, by definition, a plan.  Not firing an incompetent person and just taking the path of least resistance is not  plan.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Who cares? Yesterday at this time Mike Maccagnan was gm of the Jets, now he isn't. Somebody grew a pair and fired him. That's a great thing. End of story 

Again you don't  get and you are flat out wrong.

Balls would have been firing him on black Monday. What happened today is an owner proving he has no freaking clue.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  care if Mac sucked as a GM, it made absolutely  no sense to fire him now. Things were actually taking on the resemblance of a team and front office that seemed to have a plan and was putting it together. Today the Jets ripped all that up. We are once again the most screwed up team in NY from an organization  standpoint. If they were going to fire Mac, after he picks a new HC, spends tens of millions in FA, and just completed a draft where he had the #3 selection was not the time. Mac should have been shown the door the day after the season ended. He did nothing to make a case for keeping his job except draft Darnold which he did deserve credit for. Most of the time putting a FQB on your team buys you a year and I think he deserved to see it through for making the moves that landed him but I would not have been shocked if he was canned along with Bowles. Nobody would have, but what happened today is freaking as dysfunctional as anything that ever happened in the NFL. 

Seems like the first day of non disfunction to me? Is that a word? Anyway great first step and long over do

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Firing an incompetent person is, by definition, a plan.  Not firing an incompetent person and just taking the path of least resistance is not  plan.  

Ok, you seriously think this was CJ's plan, to fire Mac after he hired a HC, Spemt like crazy in FA, and drafted the 2019 class?

This was all thought out an executed to perfection. Are you really trying to sell that?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

The opposite spin is:

"Whether you thought the timing was bad or not, at last someone finally had the balls to fire an incompetent loser instead of just going down the path of least resistance and accepting mediocrity"

The tool of the owner had no clue about the team at all.  Even a year or two after saying he was much more involved.  He does not make the move after last year and now only makes the move after the guy that is so bad he needs to be fired has set the team up for the next few years.

No, the op is right on this one.  We look stupid and it was stupid. 

Making Gase essentially belichick after a few months on the job is crazy.

Good that mac is done but the timing is purely idiotic.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, you seriously think this was CJ's plan, to fire Mac after he hired a HC, Spemt like crazy in FA, and drafted the 2019 class?

This was all thought out an executed to perfection. Are you really trying to sell that?

No, I think he planned to keep him, but later came to the conclusion that he should be fired and then fired him.  His plan changed.  He made a good call.  He came up with a better plan. He did the right thing.  Way to go. Kudos to him. Its a wonderful day. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Lets not forget the most important part and that is we are talking about the New York Jets organization here.  Im sure we will be just fine as we have a stellar history of making competent decisions in this league. 

Except the singular difference being having a FQB means we can weather the transition.  Don't think anyone will lose any sleep for losing a GM in May.   Time will tell but I frankly don't care if its late, its done and needed to be done.  I don't think Woody would have ever done it, he would have realized his mistake and waited to end of season, I like that Chris acknowledged his mistake, owned it, addressed it and ready to move on now and not even later.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Mac doesn’t deserve credit for drafting Darnold. It’s a GM who’s office isn’t far away from Macs. Mac was sh*t from the get go. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Except the singular difference being having a FQB means we can weather the transition.  Don't think anyone will lose any sleep for losing a GM in May.   Time will tell but I frankly don't care if its late, its done and needed to be done.  I don't think Woody would have ever done it, he would have realized his mistake and waited to end of season, I like that Chris acknowledged his mistake, owned it, addressed it and ready to move on now and not even later.

So what happens if we do well this year and in particular, the draft picks and FA signings Mac had come up big?  Is it still a good decision that we fired him?  This is why I feel it was a bad idea to do it now.  Just my opinion but you shouldve just kept him to see how everything panned out this season.  These are his players we are going to play with this season.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, CurtMart said:

Mac doesn’t deserve credit for drafting Darnold. It’s a GM who’s office isn’t far away from Macs. Mac was sh*t from the get go. 

Mac made the trade to get up to the spot to give us a chance.  He deserves credit.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

No, I think he planned to keep him, but later came to the conclusion that he should be fired and then fired him.  His plan changed.  He made a good call.  He came up with a better plan. He did the right thing.  Way to go. Kudos to him. Its a wonderful day. 

He didn't make a good call. A good call would have been firing him on black Monday, not after he made all the moves that set the team up for the foreseeable future.  

• Upvote 1

The disconcerting part is it really is not that tough just to be competent and the jets find that so hard.  The owners are totally out of their depth and still want to be involved and call all the shots.

Simple and competent:  Black Monday fire the coach and GM and we have a lot to offer and look forward to.  Simple, logical.

14 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Again you don't  get and you are flat out wrong.

Balls would have been firing him on black Monday. What happened today is an owner proving he has no freaking clue.

Balls is doing the right thing even though a bunch of whiney ankle biters will criticize you. If he realized today he made a mistake and corrected it, all the better, that shows even MORE balls.  What was he supposed to do, ride out a loser for 8 more  months because he should have fired him 4 months ago? No, that would be stupid.   

Way to go CJ! You rock! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Mac made the trade to get up to the spot to give us a chance.  He deserves credit.

We should’ve been picking between Josh arisen and Josh Allen if Giants had a brain. What a disaster that would have been. So no, it’s not Mac. He had us in a position to pick a Josh. Giants enables us to take Darnold

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He didn't make a good call. A good call would have been firing him on black Monday, not after he made all the moves that set the team up for the foreseeable future.  

He made the best call he could have made today  - you can't go back in time, he did the best thing he could have done today. That's all he could do.  He manned up, took the heat, and made the right call. You seem to live in some fantasy world....in The real world, it was a great move - The best available move at the time 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, CurtMart said:

We should’ve been picking between Josh arisen and Josh Allen if Giants had a brain. What a disaster that would have been. So no, it’s not Mac. He had us in a position to pick a Josh. Giants enables us to take Darnold

My statement still stands because without the trade, even with the Giants passing on Darnold we probably wouldnt have gotten him so he deserves credit for that.