Le'Veon Bell reacts, "I'll be at my best whether I'm liked or not"

23 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Gase likes Bell but didn't want him at that price.  I'm fine with that opinion.  It could mean that Gase wanted to allocate the money a little differently, maybe throwing an offer at a Center like Paradis.  Who knows?  All I know is that it is HIGHLY DOUBTFUL that the Jets have acquired a single player since Gase was hired that Gase didn't approve of.

Does anyone here think that Macc was off on his own signing guys like Crowder, Bell, trading for Osemele, etc. and Gase said, "Those guys don't fit what I want to do," ?  No way.  Gase can be upset at the opportunity cost of paying lots of money for certain players but I don't think he disagrees with bringing them to the Jets.  JMHO.

It's all in the framing. Agree with you - so long as Gase communicates well with him now - should be fine. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

It's all in the framing. Agree with you - so long as Gase communicates well with him now - should be fine. 

Agreed.  Gase and Bell are both wearing green and will be here for at least 2019, likely beyond.  I think they'll find a way to get along.

And look, you can't fire a GM and then not have some reasons for it start to leak out.  I think it's perfectly reasonable to find out that Gase thought the Jets were paying too much for guys like Bell and Mosely.  He probably wanted to spread it around a little more.  He probably wanted to up an offer to a Center like Paradis.  That's nothing any of us can criticize.  It's just a difference of opinion about how to allocate resources.  Somebody might want a Porsche for $160K and someone else might prefer getting using that money to get a Range Rover for $100K and a BMW for $60K.  It's a difference of opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Not a good sign that Bell is tweeting this 8 hours after reports that Gase didn't want him..  means the coach couldn't be bothered to reach out to his best offensive player to dispute the rumors.

This is a horrific start to Sir Gase's reign.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Not wanting to spend the money on a RB and not liking the RB you have on the roster ≠ the same thing.

I'm sure it may be rocky but I'm sure Gase is happy to have Bell regardless. I think this is being blown out of proportion.

Gase doesn’t believe in bellcow RBs. His philosophy has been to eff up good RBs by misusing them. Let’s hope he learnt a thing or two after being let go by the lame Dolphins

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

Not a good sign that Bell is tweeting this 8 hours after reports that Gase didn't want him..  means the coach couldn't be bothered to reach out to his best offensive player to dispute the rumors.

This is a horrific start to Sir Gase's reign.

I was never a fan of him. He’s already on the hot seat imo. I hated Mac but Darnold alone can push this team to a 10 win team so Gase doesn’t need to do much to be average. 

Well all the rumors we’ve heard seem to be true so this one probably is too. On the surface it looks like a great signing at a good price for one of the best players in the league. And a guy with a young QB who can help carry an offense. But if Gase likes to get rid of people he’s stuck with Bell who got the contact. No annulments in the NFL. Unless he can trade that contract which is possible.   

8 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Despite all the crap leveon put the Steelers through last year and the emergence of James Connor, Tomlin still wanted leveon to end his hold out. 

I'm sure there are other players on the team Gase doesn't like, but he'll play them if they give him a better chance to win.

Gase likes the player but not the paycheck against the cap.  He referred to Mosley as a transfornational type defensive player.  He has talked about Bell's talents as well.  Some idiot leaked this info to undermine Gase.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CurtMart said:

Gase doesn’t believe in bellcow RBs. His philosophy has been to eff up good RBs by misusing them. Let’s hope he learnt a thing or two after being let go by the lame Dolphins

yes, all those Dolphin Bellcows he ruined.

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Agreed.  Gase and Bell are both wearing green and will be here for at least 2019, likely beyond.  I think they'll find a way to get along.

And look, you can't fire a GM and then not have some reasons for it start to leak out.  I think it's perfectly reasonable to find out that Gase thought the Jets were paying too much for guys like Bell and Mosely.  He probably wanted to spread it around a little more.  He probably wanted to up an offer to a Center like Paradis.  That's nothing any of us can criticize.  It's just a difference of opinion about how to allocate resources.  Somebody might want a Porsche for $160K and someone else might prefer getting using that money to get a Range Rover for $100K and a BMW for $60K.  It's a difference of opinion.

business decisions.  do not worry about Bell. he does not love football, and he does not give a sh*t what anyone thinks.  he will be whatever he was going to be this season.  he wont hold back. he may quit football after two years.

Maybe, just maybe Gase is using this to motivate Bell to come in here with a huge chip on his shoulder. Clearly he wasn't happy Bell didn't show up for VOLUNTARY otas. Parcells was amazing at this, remember his Boy Wonder comments for Curtis Martin? 

This is a great way to find out if Le'veon Bell is all in or poised for his next career as a rapper. Nothing better than people doubting talented player skills to perform at the highest level instead of everyone sucking their ball & telling them how great they are. Bell got a lot of flack from his own Oline during his holdout & they basically just dissed him & told Connor to jump on their backs & everything will work out. Personally, I think Le'veon Bell is going to prove he's one of the best RBs to ever play the game. When your career #s stack up to someone like Jim Brown, your not some flash in the pan. 

• Upvote 2

gase is a total loser and has no business running the team let alone coaching them-anybody that is buying into this mess is simply insane

the only thing gase is good at is alienating the best players on his team and he is off to a banner start again

• Thumb Down 3

10 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Despite all the crap leveon put the Steelers through last year and the emergence of James Connor, Tomlin still wanted leveon to end his hold out. 

I'm sure there are other players on the team Gase doesn't like, but he'll play them if they give him a better chance to win.

Did you pay any attention to what he did in Miami?  This couldnt be further from who he is as a coach.  If he doesnt like you, he ships you out or relegates and alienates you.  It's his thing.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

Did you pay any attention to what he did in Miami?  This couldnt be further from who he is as a coach.  If he doesnt like you, he ships you out or relegates and alienates you.  It's his thing.

Give me the example of that. You can't because you are confusing what Gase doesn't like as a player vs what Gase doesn't like as a person. Gase plays the best players to give his team a chance to win. 

What he actually did was play guys like Frank Gore over Kenyan Drake despite Drake's talent advantage because Gore did what Gase wanted his RB to do, not because he liked Gore more as a person.  Same with Davante Parker. Parker was a bust so he refused to force him into the lineup to make the front office/fans happy. He played guys that ran the better routes, had better hands, were more reliable. 

Please find me the RB on the Jets roster that Gase will choose to play over Bell because they give Gase a better chance to win games... 

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I wish  Gase loved all his players like Belichick does so they play the best they can. 

yep lets compare a loser coach with one of the best that ever coached the game

by the way most pats players through out the BB era LOVE playing for him-the thing the players did not like about BB is he ships you out once your  play drops no matter who you are

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Give me the example of that. You can't because you are confusing what Gase doesn't like as a player vs what Gase doesn't like as a person. Gase plays the best players to give his team a chance to win. 

What he actually did was play guys like Frank Gore over Kenyan Drake despite Drake's talent advantage because Gore did what Gase wanted his RB to do, not because he liked Gore more as a person.  Same with Davante Parker. Parker was a bust so he refused to force him into the lineup to make the front office/fans happy. He played guys that ran the better routes, had better hands, were more reliable. 

Please find me the RB on the Jets roster that Gase will choose to play over Bell because they give Gase a better chance to win games... 

yes gase is such and evil genius he was ran out of town and has a losing record and his offenses got worse every year

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

yep lets compare a loser coach with one of the best that ever coached the game

by the way most pats players through out the BB era LOVE playing for him-the thing the players did not like about BB is he ships you out once your  play drops no matter who you are

Yes because  Belicheck won from day one with his first team. He didn’t start winning till Mo slaughtered Bledsoe and a late round pick just happen to turn into a franchise Q B. Modern era coaches  don’t win without FQBs. 

Players like winning. Period. 

Take a tissue, dry your eyes. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

47 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I cant?  Oh really?  hahaha

Jordan Phillips.  He did not like Jordan.  Traded him.

Suh.  He did not like Suh.  Cut him.

Ajayi. He did not like Ajayi.  Traded him.

Julius Thomas.  Didnt like him.  Cut him.  

Rashad Jones.  He didnt like him, so he didnt play him.  You know, the best player on this team.

Jarvis Landry.  He did not like, didnt attempt to resign.

Lawrence Timmons.  Didnt like him.  Cut him. 

His issues with Parker were 100% his personality and availability not his skill set.  You're wrong.  He was 2nd in reception the year before, a year later, alienated.

Half of his cuts were about "culture". 

This is what he does.  Now prove me wrong.  Oh, you cant.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

Rashad Jones.  He didnt like him, so he didnt play him.  You know, the best player on this team.

His issues with Parker were 100% his personality and availability not his skill set.  You're wrong.  He was 2nd in reception the year before, a year later, alienated.

BOOM..... 

Xed95o0.gif.1c48f8253be992afd93c12452fc54c9f.gif

solid work @JiF 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

In half your examples you are comparing apples to oranges. 

First off, Jarvis Landry. When he was under contract, he played every play and lead the team in Receptions/Yards. How does that prove your point? Because when his contract was up they decided not to re-sign him? Did I ever suggest Gase would want to re-sign Bell after his contract is up. 

In fact the Landry situation supports my position that if a player is a pain, but is an elite talent he will get all the snaps/touches he can handle. That is my only point. Thanks for making my point. 

Julius Thomas by Gase....Julius thomas hasn't found a home since. Why? Because he was washed up when he was cut. 

Jay Ajayi averaged 3.4 yards per carry in 2017 in Miami before being traded by Gase. Ajayi also had knee issues. That is why he was  traded and Gase was pretty smart considering Ajayi's production/injury issues in Philly. 

Suh was cut to free up cap space when Suh was 30-31 years old. A smart front office move considering no one else was willing to give him that much money in free agency and he had to settle for a 1 year deal with the Rams. 

Yeah, Gase is particular and probably wouldn't be the kind of guy to sign Bell, but if he has him he will use him. I will venture to bet my life savings that, if healthy, Bell leads the team in carries, rushing yards and is one of the top 2 in receptions. That is my only point. 

I would also predict that Bell will be gone in 2 years. But keep ranting about Jarvis Landry despite Landry being the #1 offensive weapon while playing for Gase. 

12 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Gase likes Bell but didn't want him at that price.  I'm fine with that opinion.  It could mean that Gase wanted to allocate the money a little differently, maybe throwing an offer at a Center like Paradis.  Who knows?

IMO, if Gase is really pissed about the contract, it's not because of the dollar value because the Jets still have plenty of cap space. It's that they gave a bulletproof, uncuttable, untradeable deal to an aging running back who set fire to the Steelers locker room and undermined their Hall of Fame QB in the process. Can't blame a coach for not wanting to have at least the option of cutting Bell if he goes off the rails. 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

In half your examples you are comparing apples to oranges. 

First off, Jarvis Landry. When he was under contract, he played every play and lead the team in Receptions/Yards. How does that prove your point? Because when his contract was up they decided not to re-sign him? Did I ever suggest Gase would want to re-sign Bell after his contract is up. 

In fact the Landry situation supports my position that if a player is a pain, but is an elite talent he will get all the snaps/touches he can handle. That is my only point. Thanks for making my point. 

Julius Thomas by Gase....Julius thomas hasn't found a home since. Why? Because he was washed up when he was cut. 

Jay Ajayi averaged 3.4 yards per carry in 2017 in Miami before being traded by Gase. Ajayi also had knee issues. That is why he was  traded and Gase was pretty smart considering Ajayi's production/injury issues in Philly. 

Suh was cut to free up cap space when Suh was 30-31 years old. A smart front office move considering no one else was willing to give him that much money in free agency and he had to settle for a 1 year deal with the Rams. 

Yeah, Gase is particular and probably wouldn't be the kind of guy to sign Bell, but if he has him he will use him. I will venture to bet my life savings that, if healthy, Bell leads the team in carries, rushing yards and is one of the top 2 in receptions. That is my only point. 

I would also predict that Bell will be gone in 2 years. But keep ranting about Jarvis Landry despite Landry being the #1 offensive weapon while playing for Gase. 

Oh, so he actually liked all the talented players on Miami's team even though he decided to not play, trade, cut or not resign every single one of them.

Hot take, JoJo! 

• Haha 2