Le'Veon Bell reacts, "I'll be at my best whether I'm liked or not"

41 minutes ago, MasterChiefJets said:

Bell is being surprisingly professional in all of this. I can't wait to see what he does when he gets on the field. 

President MAL also got his back. 

Excited to see how Gase and Williams handle Jamal Adams. 

There is no PresMal.  There is only Emperor Gase. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Excited to see how Gase and Williams handle Jamal Adams. 

There is no PresMal.  There is only Emperor Gase. 

It's going to be interesting because Adams is the type of player Gase hates. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, JiF said:

Oh, so he actually liked all the talented players on Miami's team even though he decided to trade, cut or not resign every single one of them.

Hot take, JoJo! 

13 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Despite all the crap leveon put the Steelers through last year and the emergence of James Connor, Tomlin still wanted leveon to end his hold out. 

I'm sure there are other players on the team Gase doesn't like, but he'll play them if they give him a better chance to win.

Read my post. I never said he would like Bell. Who cares if he likes him? 

The point was that if Bell is the most talented player, he will play him and feed him. 

He hated Landry (by your account) and in 2017 (under Gase) Landry had 112 catches and 9 TDs. Now explain to me how Bell won't be used by Gase based on your convoluted logic.... 

13 hours ago, Pac said:

Not a good sign that Bell is tweeting this 8 hours after reports that Gase didn't want him..  means the coach couldn't be bothered to reach out to his best offensive player to dispute the rumors.

This is a horrific start to Sir Gase's reign.

man you are negative. Like warfish level negative....

These are grown men. Millionaires. No need to "reach out" to anyone. Thats super gay

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

And I doubt Gregg Williams likes his type either. 

Gregg will love him because he plays his ass off.  I dont think Gregg cares much about anything else.  He's managed some big ego's in his time and never seems to have too many issues.  His struggles seems to be more with his peers and execs.

Gase is totally different.  If he has it out for you, you're toast and Adams is the type of outspoken look at me and my brand type player Gase hates. 

This is going to be great. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Gregg will love him because he plays his ass off.  I dont think Gregg cares much about anything else.  He's managed some big ego's in his time and never seems to have too many issues.  His struggles seems to be more with his peers and execs.

Gase is totally different.  If he has it out for you, you're toast and Adams is the type of outspoken look at me and my brand type player Gase hates. 

This is going to be great. 

Good points.  Plus, this will likely be Williams' only year here regardless of how well the defense plays. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Read my post. I never said he would like Bell. Who cares if he likes him? 

The point was that if Bell is the most talented player, he will play him and feed him. 

He hated Landry (by your account) and in 2017 (under Gase) Landry had 112 catches and 9 TDs. Now explain to me how Bell won't be used by Gase based on your convoluted logic.... 

You read your own post! 

You said "I'm sure there are other players he doesnt like, but he'll play them blah blah blah..."  So I gave you a dozen examples where that isnt the case.  He doesnt always play and keep the best players.  Sure, there are exceptions like Landry who he ended up not wanting back and maybe Bell is one of them but it's not how he treats everyone, like you implied in your statement. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I wouldnt be surprised he was fired before the season when the new GM comes along.

Nothing would surprise me at this point.  The Jets are entering Michael Jackson/Mike Tyson territory, where any story, whether completely made up or not, could be true. 

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nothing would surprise me at this point.  The Jets are entering Michael Jackson/Mike Tyson territory, where any story, whether completely made up or not, could be true. 

Someone else, somewhere, expressed this opinion before. Therefore, boo. 

5 hours ago, jack48 said:

Gase likes the player but not the paycheck against the cap.  He referred to Mosley as a transfornational type defensive player.  He has talked about Bell's talents as well.  Some idiot leaked this info to undermine Gase.

Probably Mac. ?

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

man you are negative. Like warfish level negative....

These are grown men. Millionaires. No need to "reach out" to anyone. Thats super gay

You dont seem very tuned in so I'll suggest you go watch the Bell SI interview where he spent 15 minutes talking about how he is treated being just as important as the money.  Whether you agree with it or not a large percentage of players care how they're treated.

Pointing out the reality of the situation doesn't mean I'm personally holding a candle light vigil for the new RB.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Christopher Johnson showing up with a tribal tatoo on the left side of his face and a piece of Macc’s ear wedge between his incisors would be an epic display of commitment. 

• Upvote 1

This is fantastic. Last year bell caused a bunch of drama for the Steelers because he felt they didn't appreciate him enough and felt that he was worth more than what they were offering him (which is more than we paid him) now we have a head coach / gm who comes out and makes it known he doesn't think bell is worth the money we gave him. Does no one else see that Gase is not mentally capable of leading an nfl team? The guys clearly mentally unstable.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Haha 1