Gregg Williams dead man walking?

Suddenly we’re rumored to get great up and coming GM talent. When was the last time that happened?

4 years ago? And 3 years before that?
We did not hire idzik because he was a bum and we didn't hire Macc because he was a bum. Every gm hire is a great up and coming talent most of them just don't pan out. Part of it for us at least is that for whatever stupid reason we keep tieing these guys down to coaches they don't really want and never seem to give them a chance to be the general manager and select a guy they trust.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

10 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Emperor Gase, a narcissistic personality, and Greg Williams, an egomaniac, coaching together.  What could go wrong there?

Cue the circus music!

First, have some class and cue up the Benny Hill music instead. Second, who knows? Maybe it's a you stay on your side of the ball and I'll stay on mine type of thing. Then, after practice, they go out drinking and crack jokes about coffee*boy.

12 hours ago, section314 said:

Crazy thought here...any chance Gase felt the same way and that this was the straw that broke the camels back?

not so crazy.  if mac didn't listen to his coaches or passed on a respectable trade down then those would certainly be reason to launch mac.  as for how gase wanted or didn't want williams i guess it kind of depends on how much gase is willing to stay away from the defense.  williams has a pretty hefty contract so i doubt if the jets try to launch him too.

• Upvote 1