Neil Glat, do the right thing-Step down

1 minute ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Lol Neil Glat has nothing to do with the football side of the organization. He’s in charge of marketing, season ticket sales, and the overall business of the franchise. 

You did not read my post. 

I can only conclude that the Jets are excluding this important decision, because they are putting a cap on personnel. Let's take out a useless position then, and add a really, really relevant position.

It is the only thing I can assume is blocking this logical position from being added.

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Lol Neil Glat has nothing to do with the football side of the organization. He’s in charge of marketing, season ticket sales, and the overall business of the franchise. 

Which is as embarassing (if not more) than the piss-poor on-field product.

People can bicker over which employees should or shouldn't go, but the reality is the dumpster fire starts at the top. Until Chris and Woody die (don't count on them selling), there is no hope for this franchise. They are overwhelmingly unqualified to run an organization of any sort. Being born with billions of dollars, never feeling true failure, never experiencing "fear", never having expectations or accountability will do that to a person. They are absolutely clueless. Maybe the next ownership will be a group that actually earned their way through life.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I think it’s hilarious the level the fans and the media get to. In the end this is only a game. This thread makes it seem like some sort of crime against humanity was committed. Asking people to “step down” lol. This thread is exactly why the media trolls us so bad

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tfine said:

I think it’s hilarious the level the fans and the media get to. In the end this is only a game. This thread makes it seem like some sort of crime against humanity was committed. Asking people to “step down” lol. This thread is exactly why the media trolls us so bad

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

My background gives me pretty clear insight into how operations should be run, and how successful organizations do it. Regardless the business, there is typically a clearly defined hierarchy of reporting and definitely organizational structure.

The Jets appear to have none of that. And their comments and hiring practices say as much.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Silly premise.

Glat has zero impact on the on field product.

The next significant change will be when the new GM guts the scouting department.

I think it leaked during the year Idzik was hired that Glat sat in on interviews (probably to answer any questions the candidate had on the business side of things). Ever since then he gets sh*t on by fans when the Jets **** up.

Johnson and Johnson is a CPG company. CPG companies care about creating public image with their product and customer experience. In many cases it is less about the actual performance of the product, and more about the image.

Woody wanted West Side. He wanted the glitz and glamour, and of course the value that would bring. Of course, he failed at that.

Woody (and now Chris), have never been about demanding about the execution of the product. It is always, where do they play? What do the uniforms look like? How are we perceived?

They are CPG men in a performance industry. 

7 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Silly premise.

The next significant change will be when the new GM guts the scouting department.

Exactly the point. He is a placeholder for a real position that will affect on-field performance. 

The next significant change is when someone will oversee football operations. As a whole. Not in divided pieces.

9 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Silly premise.

He's got a higher title than anyone in the org outside of the Johnson's. He may have more input than we think. Who really knows anyways? 

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Johnson and Johnson is a CPG company. CPG companies care about creating public image with their product and customer experience. In many cases it is less about the actual performance of the product, and more about the image.

Woody wanted West Side. He wanted the glitz and glamour, and of course the value that would bring. Of course, he failed at that.

Woody (and now Chris), have never been about demanding about the execution of the product. It is always, where do they play? What do the uniforms look like? How are we perceived?

Owner/Influencer/Tastemaker

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

He's got a higher title than anyone in the org outside of the Johnson's. He may have more input than we think. Who really knows anyways? 

Of course Glat does. He holds a position on the business side of things. Which the Johnsons value (by all their actions) more than the production (on field performance) aspect of the business. 

The Johnsons have no basis of operational expertise. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

While Glat is holding a position of President, responsible for "off field business operations" (you know, things like mobile apps, virtual reality offers, Jets 360, and other useless things that the Jets are really, really behind on, and THEY SUCK), the thing that is supposed to be important (you know, the freaking on-field product and coordination AKA known as the real presentation to the public) is a burning heap of gooey fire that is only rolling downhill.

If you want someone with experience, then maybe they're keeping him around for their next attempt at a WSS during one of the out-clause windows. Glat will know, from experience, what not to do. I'm sure he'll find some other unused rail yards ceiling in his 2nd attempt.

Didn't think of that, did you? 

I'm here to open your eyes, brother.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

If you want someone with experience, then maybe they're keeping him around for their next attempt at a WSS during one of the out-clause windows. Glat will know, from experience, what not to do. I'm sure he'll find some other unused rail yards ceiling in his 2nd attempt.

Didn't think of that, did you? 

I'm here to open your eyes, brother.

I am sure that he is currently working on a "space stadium". Glat's son, and ultimately his future granddaughter will  present the project specs. It will be a pretty diorama with fans having Jet Packs on their fannies, and gravitational hot dogs.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I am sure that he is currently working on a "space stadium". Glat's son, and ultimately his future granddaughter will  present the project specs. It will be a pretty diorama with fans having Jet Packs on their fannies, and gravitational hot dogs.

Jet Packs 

Well played

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

While Glat is holding a position of President, responsible for "off field business operations" (you know, things like mobile apps, virtual reality offers, Jets 360, and other useless things that the Jets are really, really behind on, and THEY SUCK), the thing that is supposed to be important (you know, the freaking on-field product and coordination AKA known as the real presentation to the public) is a burning heap of gooey fire that is only rolling downhill.

I can only presume that Jets organizational chart is built in DOS, and by that it cannot be edited to include new positions and is kept on a printout on the Bumbling Brothers Circus ownership desk and scribbled through with chicken scratch, thus not allowing any new positions to be added. I can only imagine Chris telling staff, "Woody told me we have room for 245 employees, and only 245 and damn it, Linda the Lunch Lady is important and has family too. We can't add any personnel while Woody is gone. "

So Neil, it comes down to you. Do the right thing and step aside. In your resignation letter, thank the Jets for adding your position when it was imperative for someone to see the West Side Stadium  to conclusion (oh, great job BTW). Also, in capital letters, please explain to Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum that successful organizations (this means organizations that do not necessarily think that Fan Hall of Fames are critical) employ a position of VP of Football Operations. You know, things that the real fans may actually think are a little bit important. Also, keep the letter short. Apparently the current ringmaster thought it just recently to start looking deeper into the organization. Brilliant.

It is the right thing. Now, is the time. Someone has to step up and take control. 

Oh, and we have footage of Chris giving his update to Woody. All is well!

Why do fans care that the team wants to maximize revenue?  Like really?  Like only the Jets do?  Isnt this a business, especially when youre in over a billion dollars into the team.  

Don't like the app?  Don't use it.  Don't like Jets 360 or OneJets Drive?  Don't watch them.  

But more importantly, tell us how eliminating Glatt and his position, since its pointless, helps us win more games?  How does having him around hurt your game day experience and cost us wins?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What sense does any of this make?
Where do fans get off whining that the team, get this, wants to maximize revenue?  Like really?  Like only the Jets do?  

Don't like the app?  Dont use it.  Dont like Jets 360 or OneJets Drive?  Dont watch them.  

But more importantly, tell us how eliminating Glatt and his position, since its pointless, helps us win more games?  How does having him around hurt your game day experience and cost us wins?

How does having a position of President for Off Field Business in an organization that does not have a similar position for On Field performance, help me as a fan that is interested in winning?

Does this tell you  where the ownership sees importance of positional value?  Forget about adding a Center. How about someone that is overseeing the zoo?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Why the J&J reference? Correct me if I am wrong but to the best of my knowledge neither Woody or Chris have any ties to the J&J company and havent for a very long time.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

How does having a position of President for Off Field Business in an organization that does not have a similar position for On Field performance, help me as a fan that is interested in winning?

Does this tell you  where the ownership sees importance of positional value?  Forget about adding a Center. How about someone that is overseeing the zoo?

The question is pointless.  His job position has nothing to do with winning games, it has to do with the fan experience.  Not everyone needs it granted.  But again, instead of turning the question around, how does it hurt the Jets, cost us wins and stop fans from being interested in wins?  

Glatt keeping One Jets Drive or whatever fan exp project running has what to do with the GM whos job it is to get a C.  How did Glatt and a youtube video for ex stop Macc and the Jets from signing a C?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kleckineau said:

Why the J&J reference? Correct me if I am wrong but to the best of my knowledge neither Woody or Chris have any ties to the J&J company and havent for a very long time.

It is their bloodline. Where do you think Woody (and Chris) learned their so called operational chops?  From production and execution models? Hardly. They are brand and image huggers. And they treat the Jets as such.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Scott, two days ago: “Anyone who believes the ‘media’ on this is a hysterical fool! You shame yourself and this august web forum with your lunatic conspiracies. I am detached and above this fray and therefore I can critique all of you from a position of superior caste.”

Scott, now: “Actually, the glorified marketing manager should commit seppuku. Is this what you call a ‘hot take’? This is very exciting. I’ve produced a “hot take’!” :flaps arm like penguin :

u r so mean 2 scott :(

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Scott, two days ago: “Anyone who believes the ‘media’ on this is a hysterical fool! You shame yourself and this august web forum with your lunatic conspiracies. I am detached and above this fray and therefore I can critique all of you from a position of superior caste.”

Scott, now: “Actually, the glorified marketing manager should commit seppuku. Is this what you call a ‘hot take’? This is very exciting. I’ve produced a “hot take’!” :flaps arm like penguin :

I promise you I have never used the words "august web" together. I promise I don't believe the media, that you also rail against. Except when it fits your purposes.

The lack of operational hierarchy in this organization has always been unacceptable. It is now at crisis point. If that qualifies as a hot take, so be it. You seem to be the labeler. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

SELL THE TEAM JOHNSON BROTHERS 

There is nothing more useless than demanding the owner of a franchise to sell the team. First off, they don't care what you or I think. Second, even if they cared they are more likely to not sell the team when faced with this type of demand. They are billionaires. They aren't going to make billion dollar business decisions based on what a few construction workers from Toms River think of them. (See James Dolan)

• Thumb Down 1

48 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

And there you have it. 

So tell me, who is exactly in charge of winning football games in this organization.

One more time, no shlt its not about winning games.

What kind of rinky dink operation do you think a football team is?  That they cant do both.  You think that the Jets cant afford to pay a business person to run the business side of the team?  Or do you think there shouldnt be a business side to a 5 billion dollar team?

You make it sound like there cant and shouldnt be two sides to the business or that the Jets are the only team doing this.

What kind of rinky dink operation do you think a football team is?  That they cant do both.  You think that the Jets cant afford to pay a business person to run the business side of the team?  Or do you think there shouldnt be a business side to a 5 billion dollar team?

Why is there a President(highest title besides Woody/Chris) to be in charge of what most of us would agree to be secondary priorities? I think that's the question, that there should be a head of football too. Scott seems to think it's not in the budget, which is quite possible as the Jets have continued to pay bottom third salaries for coaches and GM's.

• Sympathy 1

You make it sound like there cant and shouldnt be two sides to the business or that the Jets are the only team doing this.

My point is, they are emphasizing the marketing piece over the football operations piece.  And no, the do seem unable to do both, as they are blatantly ignoring one.

Upon reflection, you are right. Things seem to be operating pretty smoothly.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Why is there a President(highest title besides Woody/Chris) to be in charge of what most of us would agree to be secondary priorities? I think that's the question, that there should be a head of football too. Scott seems to think it's not in the budget, which is quite possible as the Jets have continued to pay bottom third salaries for coaches and GM's.

And Matt, you were correct all along. Transparency would have been a GREAT thing. They are at least smart enough to not allow that because it would expose obvious flaws. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1