Neil Glat, do the right thing-Step down

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Remember when Chris Johnson said, after firing Bowles, that they were making changes to their reporting structure and nobody in the press pursued it and then everyone got fired yesterday anyway? 

I do. The only question asked to CJ today regarding the structure was the closed ended "will you change the structure" answer obviously "no" and everyone moves on. It's incredible. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Your premise is terrible. If you remove a revenue generating position you generally don't get to replace that head count.

Regardless it just makes no sense. Neil has nothing to with football operations. This on on the Johnson's. They can hire whoever they want on the football side. There is no salary cap and money is not an issue.

While I do not have specific figures for local revenues,  I can be entirely confident that in terms of total revenue, local revenue hardly moves the needle in terms of total revenue derived. The NFL as an entity does all the heavy lifting here.

I would have zero issue with a chiefdom being applied to the marketing entity if the operation side of the business received equal attention. The side that affects on field management.

What the Jets tell us by this negligent approach is that their concern is not as great for the on-field product, as it is for the local marketing revenue.

37 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

I guess your operational genius does not include knowing how to read an organizational chart because the Jets call this position the Senior Director of Football Administration which is definitely a filled position in the current front office.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/front-office-roster/neil-glat

To that end, Glat has looked to elevate the organization’s off-field activities through strong and positive relationships with business partners and community leaders.

So for a compare and contrast,

New York Jets top Football Administration positions

https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/front-office-roster/

• Dave Socie Senior Director, Football Administration
  • Christina Salvemini Administrative Assistant, Player Personnel
  • Brian Shields Senior Manager, Football Scouting Research Analytics
  • Jason Mulholland Manager, Football Analytics
  • Nick Sabella Manager, Football Administration
  • Jason Feldman Analytics Seasonal Intern

Philadelphia Eagles to Football Administration positions

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/front-office/

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Why do fans care that the team wants to maximize revenue?  Like really?  Like only the Jets do?  Isnt this a business, especially when youre in over a billion dollars into the team.  

Don't like the app?  Don't use it.  Don't like Jets 360 or OneJets Drive?  Don't watch them.  

But more importantly, tell us how eliminating Glatt and his position, since its pointless, helps us win more games?  How does having him around hurt your game day experience and cost us wins?

Glatt is even bad at the business side. WSS, PSL debacle, and sorry the MetLife “fan experience” seems contrived and artificial compared to say a Chiefs or Steelers game

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

The question is pointless.  His job position has nothing to do with winning games, it has to do with the fan experience.  Not everyone needs it granted.  But again, instead of turning the question around, how does it hurt the Jets, cost us wins and stop fans from being interested in wins?  

Glatt keeping One Jets Drive or whatever fan exp project running has what to do with the GM whos job it is to get a C.  How did Glatt and a youtube video for ex stop Macc and the Jets from signing a C?

Winning games IS the fan experience 

11 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Why is there a President(highest title besides Woody/Chris) to be in charge of what most of us would agree to be secondary priorities? I think that's the question, that there should be a head of football too. Scott seems to think it's not in the budget, which is quite possible as the Jets have continued to pay bottom third salaries for coaches and GM's.

Because woody/Chris enjoy playing Football decision maker. They never worked a day in their lives and doing things like organising stadium delivery schedules is way too boring for the lucky sperm brothers 

11 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Emphasis in organizations is provided by hiring Senior level positions to oversee that area of operation. 

The Jets have a President of off-field business.

Do they have a similar position for on-field?

See?

Woody has determined long ago that he can make a mint by losing, it’s the sports version of The Producers 

11 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

Owners are into Bandaids, baby powder and hospitals. Football is a hobby.

Their own family business doesn’t want these two anywhere near it

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Theyve never been a part of running J&J. 

Can we get this right. 

All owners got their money from other sources, born rich or earned money.  Its a second business for all of them. You dont buy a billion dollar organization as an hourly worker

Al Davis and his very impressively coiffed son 

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

To be fair, we have no idea if this is true. The guy has the #Title that clearly puts him as second in command to the Johnson's. He's the President of the team, not marketing. He's the first guy listed in the media guide. Hell this guy has gotten a total pass throughout all of this and frankly we should be asking more about his role.

I'd like to think he has no say, but we have no idea. This type of speculation is the Johnson's fault. No org chart, no transparency as it relates to coaches/GM's contract details....all we can go by is title.

The only Organization the lucky sperm bros (LSBs) have expierence running before Jets is household staff of cleaning ladies and manservants. They have no idea what an org chart is

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

I do. The only question asked to CJ today regarding the structure was the closed ended "will you change the structure" answer obviously "no" and everyone moves on. It's incredible. 

Oh but the fan experience at Air Conditioner Unit Stadium is divine 

11 hours ago, jgb said:

Glatt is even bad at the business side. WSS, PSL debacle, and sorry the MetLife “fan experience” seems contrived and artificial compared to say a Chiefs or Steelers game

On 5/16/2019 at 9:22 AM, Jet Nut said:

Wasn't Glatt was Cross on the WSS project.  And the Jets didn't do anything wrong, they were F'd by politicians.  But who cares, point is that it wasn't Glatt.  Sorry you dont care about the MLife experience, many do, little kids do and how exactly does it hurt.  Which is they point, who cares, what crawls up peoples asses whenever a team tries to market their teams?  

11 hours ago, jgb said:

And on who's planet does marketing the team, through a separate group or business man get in the way of winning?  Who says it's one or the other?  what in Glatts lists of functions, all of which we're not even sure of, gets in the way of winning.  

This is complaining just to  complain

• Sympathy 1

58 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wasn't Glatt was Cross on the WSS project.  And the Jets didn't do anything wrong, they were F'd by politicians.  But who cares, point is that it wasn't Glatt.  Sorry you dont care about the MLife experience, many do, little kids do and how exactly does it hurt.  Which is they point, who cares, what crawls up peoples asses whenever a team tries to market their teams?  

My believing the MetLife experience is bottom quartile in the league doesn't stop the children from enjoying it. I am glad they do and hope that they continue to do so.

Although I will say, winning cures a lot of ills and will ensure more Jets fans than visitors in the stadium week to week, which would be an immediate improvement.

19 hours ago, jgb said:

Because woody/Chris enjoy playing Football decision maker. They never worked a day in their lives and doing things like organising stadium delivery schedules is way too boring for the lucky sperm brothers 

Woody has determined long ago that he can make a mint by losing, it’s the sports version of The Producers 

Their own family business doesn’t want these two anywhere near it

Al Davis and his very impressively coiffed son 

The only Organization the lucky sperm bros (LSBs) have expierence running before Jets is household staff of cleaning ladies and manservants. They have no idea what an org chart is

Oh but the fan experience at Air Conditioner Unit Stadium is divine 

Your first point made it easy to not read the the rest of your points. Might want to do some research first.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

While I do not have specific figures for local revenues,  I can be entirely confident that in terms of total revenue, local revenue hardly moves the needle in terms of total revenue derived. The NFL as an entity does all the heavy lifting here.

I would have zero issue with a chiefdom being applied to the marketing entity if the operation side of the business received equal attention. The side that affects on field management.

What the Jets tell us by this negligent approach is that their concern is not as great for the on-field product, as it is for the local marketing revenue.

The point remains, the Jets are able to hire a head of football operations. But that would mean the Johnson's don't get to call the shots. They are having fun apparently, so this remains neither  Neil Glat or organizational money issue.

On 5/16/2019 at 8:56 AM, Scott Dierking said:

Of course Glat does. He holds a position on the business side of things. Which the Johnsons value (by all their actions) more than the production (on field performance) aspect of the business. 

The Johnsons have no basis of operational expertise. 

I have a question for you, are we the only NFL team who employs the position that Glat is in?

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

The point remains, the Jets are able to hire a head of football operations. But that would mean the Johnson's don't get to call the shots. They are having fun apparently, so this remains neither  Neil Glat or organizational money issue.

Admittedly, Glat was a straw man in this equation, but when there is organizational disfunction, the bigger they are, the harder they need to take responsibility. Glat is the only one with a President title, so he was in the way on this one.

Your point that hiring a HoFO takes the Johnson's out of calling shots is incorrect. The HoFO would report directly to the Johnsons, and would filter their requests and ideas through a lens that provides football perspective. Which they apparently seem to not have the acumen for themselves (understandably). That would give them continued influence to the degree that they want. 

Smart leaders understand and know what they don't know. They hire people and trust those people to help them in those areas. It is ok to admit you don't know everything.

If we are to believe the Manish article (s-t-r-e-t-c-h I understand), Johnson felt he could not handle the GM and HC change simultaneously. If that does not scream "HELP!", I don't know what does. It is an admission that they are out of their league and handling these types of responsibilities.

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Admittedly, Glat was a straw man in this equation, but when there is organizational disfunction, the bigger they are, the harder they need to take responsibility. Glat is the only one with a President title, so he was in the way on this one.

Your point that hiring a HoFO takes the Johnson's out of calling shots is incorrect. The HoFO would report directly to the Johnsons, and would filter their requests and ideas through a lens that provides football perspective. Which they apparently seem to not have the acumen for themselves (understandably). That would give them continued influence to the degree that they want. 

Smart leaders understand and know what they don't know. They hire people and trust those people to help them in those areas. It is ok to admit you don't know everything.

If we are to believe the Manish article (s-t-r-e-t-c-h I understand), Johnson felt he could not handle the GM and HC change simultaneously. If that does not scream "HELP!", I don't know what does. It is an admission that they are out of their league and handling these types of responsibilities.

You can keep saying it, but Neil Glat has nothing to do with this. Jets Rewards, that is Neil. I just cashed my points in for two CJ Mosley autographed footballs. Great job Neil. But he has nothing to do with signing CJ Mosley.

I get that you started this thread so you need to keep definitely your faulty premise.  It just isn't true.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You can keep saying it, but Neil Glat has nothing to do with this. Jets Rewards, that is Neil. I just cashed my points in for two CJ Mosley autographed footballs. Great job Neil. But he has nothing to do with signing CJ Mosley.

I get that you started this thread so you need to keep definitely your faulty premise.  It just isn't true.

I stated it in my last post, and will again- I made him a straw man in this premise. 

I was actually giving the Johnsons benefit of the doubt that they are actually against the wall on some internal budget on personnel spending (this looks particularly true if you compare the Eagles vs Jets org chart that I linked to)and that it is an "either or or" type of scenario. I prefer not to think that they are so small minded that they think they are actually able to direct pro personnel employees and direct decisions. Maybe they are not.

My personal preference would be to have less personal marketing perks, and more smart personnel decisions that affect on-field decisions. Again, that is jut my personal choice.

Any apologies necessary to the Glat family are given here.

21 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I stated it in my last post, and will again- I made him a straw man in this premise. 

I was actually giving the Johnsons benefit of the doubt that they are actually against the wall on some internal budget on personnel spending (this looks particularly true if you compare the Eagles vs Jets org chart that I linked to)and that it is an "either or or" type of scenario. I prefer not to think that they are so small minded that they think they are actually able to direct pro personnel employees and direct decisions. Maybe they are not.

My personal preference would be to have less personal marketing perks, and more smart personnel decisions that affect on-field decisions. Again, that is jut my personal choice.

Any apologies necessary to the Glat family are given here.

Do you go to the games? If not then the marketing efforts of his job probably don't impact you either way.

Just a silly premise. The franchise has grown in value by a margin none of us will ever see. There is no internal budget that would prohibit the Jets from hiring a bright football mind.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Do you go to the games? If not then the marketing efforts of his job probably don't impact you either way.

Just a silly premise. The franchise has grown in value by a margin none of us will ever see. There is no internal budget that would prohibit the Jets from hiring a bright football mind.

I pay for merchandise and I pay for the broadcasts. So I help fund the pot that the Jets share. So I feel I am entitled to at least some opinion. You may not agree with that opinion, and of course that is what makes these types of conversations worthwhile. I also respect your opinion.

If it weren't so sad, it would be silly. That a proper organizational hierarchy that supported BOTH the personnel and marketing sides of the business can't be conjured is just plain sad.

55 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I pay for merchandise and I pay for the broadcasts. So I help fund the pot that the Jets share. So I feel I am entitled to at least some opinion. You may not agree with that opinion, and of course that is what makes these types of conversations worthwhile. I also respect your opinion.

If it weren't so sad, it would be silly. That a proper organizational hierarchy that supported BOTH the personnel and marketing sides of the business can't be conjured is just plain sad.

I don't think anyone agrees with your opinion, it is just not factual. I knew when I asked you if this was a position all NFL teams utilize, it is part of business. I am sure Glats position is necessary. This entire thread is ridiciculous, whats next, too many hot dog vendors?

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

You are entirely entitled to your opinion. I'm just saying there is no salary cap so they don't need anyone to step down to bring in the perfect football mind. 

I am fine with Neil Glat reporting directly to the owner. Talk business stuff. I agree with the premise, they need a football mind on the other side that sites in between everyone and the owner. When the Yankees started winning in the 90's it was because Gene Michael was able to run the organization and when George came back from suspension he was able to talk him out of bad moves. Everyone is an expert these days, for the Johnson brothers they don't have to be football experts. They just have to be rich and hire the right football expert. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Eaton Beaver said:

I don't think anyone agrees with your opinion, it is just not factual. I knew when I asked you if this was a position all NFL teams utilize, it is part of business. I am sure Glats position is necessary. This entire thread is ridiciculous, whats next, too many hot dog vendors?

If they cut back on hot dog vendors @The Crusher and I will protest.

Just now, Maxman said:

You are entirely entitled to your opinion. I'm just saying there is no salary cap so they don't need anyone to step down to bring in the perfect football mind. 

I am fine with Neil Glat reporting directly to the owner. Talk business stuff. I agree with the premise, they need a football mind on the other side that sites in between everyone and the owner. When the Yankees started winning in the 90's it was because Gene Michael was able to run the organization and when George came back from suspension he was able to talk him out of bad moves. Everyone is an expert these days, for the Johnson brothers they don't have to be football experts. They just have to be rich and hire the right football expert. 

Why does Neil Glat have a higher title than anyone besides the owner? He's the President of the team. There's no way he has zero involvement.

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Why does Neil Glat have a higher title than anyone besides the owner? He's the President of the team. There's no way he has zero involvement.

Woody set it up this way. It is my understanding that Neil Glat didn't have a say in the new head coaching search.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Hell, if Glatt isnt involved maybe he should be. Wharton, Harvard, Mckinsey....put him in charge, it couldnt be worse.

It really couldn't get any worse, you are right.

• Upvote 1

On 5/16/2019 at 8:22 PM, Scott Dierking said:

Don't agree with this.  They are not negligent regarding the on-field product.  They are incompetent and too unwilling to admit they lack the skill to run a football operation with both the GM and HC reporting to them on parallel paths...

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Im still recovering from the carnage of the flying hotdogs from the Vikings game . Still see them little helpless weiners  flying in my nightmares. 

Still makes me sad. We lost a lot of good hot dogs out there that day.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Your first point made it easy to not read the the rest of your points. Might want to do some research first.

Everything I “know” about him I read right here. I am not nor am I interested in becoming an expert on the life and times of Neil Glatt.