Are you f*#@ing kidding me? Isn't this what we wanted? (merged)

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We’re a 10-6 team.   Nothing that went down yesterday changes that.  Might even make things better.

Sad Mets fans should keep their downtrodden views on Mets forums.

SAR I

I think 10-6 is an unreasonable expectation to have for this team if it’s a firm minimum expectation. We still have key positions with glaring holes. 10-6 would be great but 8-8 wouldn’t be bad considering how horrible we were.

Would you agree that 8-8 is fair/realistic and a sign of progress or would turn on Gase if it’s anything less than 10-6? Just curious and I’m curious how fair people will be given this first year under Gase.

10-6 can’t also be the expectation because pretty much every new Jets Coach accomplishes that their first year. That’s just a bizarre coincidence. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

giphy-7.gif.6a364590ed21ca51986f8180803c3b0a.gif

Feckin' A, bubba

4 years, 0 playoff appearances 14-34 last 3 seasons a ton of bad draft picks and bad free agent signings

F Macagnan I hope he enjoys getting coffee for the texans’ scouting dept

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yes we wanted this but we also wanted it done with panache. It was a very mundane firing. I boo this team.

So what?  Yes I agree Mac should have been fired 2 years ago the idiot owners sat on their hands

Doesn’t mean he should get another year

Just now, Philc1 said:

So what?  Yes I agree Mac should have been fired 2 years ago the idiot owners sat on their hands

Doesn’t mean he should get another year

Is it too much to ask for a little style from this team? I wanted a public execution with Macc fired mid press conference. Hey, if the on the field product doesn’t entertain, we gotta get our kicks from somewhere else

7 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I think 10-6 is an unreasonable expectation to have for this team if it’s a firm minimum expectation. We still have key positions with glaring holes. 10-6 would be great but 8-8 wouldn’t be bad considering how horrible we were.

Would you agree that 8-8 is fair/realistic and a sign of progress or would turn on Gase if it’s anything less than 10-6? Just curious and I’m curious how fair people will be given this first year under Gase.

10-6 can’t also be the expectation because pretty much every new Jets Coach accomplishes that their first year. That’s just a bizarre coincidence. 

It’s time for the fake “we’re doing the true rebuild” nonsense to end

I want minimum 9-7 with the jets at least in contention for a wildcard 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, jgb said:

Is it too much to ask for a little style from this team? I wanted a public execution with Macc fired mid press conference. Hey, if the on the field product doesn’t entertain, we gotta get our kicks from somewhere else

What style?  We have the nfl’s Dumbest owners if they make the right move by accident I gladly take it

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

That’s great that you feel that way. None of us want to wait anymore but we still have glaring issues and I’d think it’d be crazy and unfair, after giving moron Mac and Bowles so much time to underachieve, to be upset with 8-8 and ready to turn on the new regime.

We started in bad shape this offseason and we are in much better shape now. Still not where we need to be from a roster standpoint to be expecting minimum 10-6 is all that I was suggesting. That’s just my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

That’s great that you feel that way. None of us want to wait anymore but we still have glaring issues and I’d think it’d be crazy and unfair, after giving moron Mac and Bowles so much time to underachieve, to be upset with 8-8 and ready to turn on the new regime.

We started in bad shape this offseason and we are in much better shape now. Still not where we need to be from a roster standpoint to be expecting minimum 10-6 is all that I was suggesting. That’s just my opinion. 

All teams have flaws.  The pats had flaws last year they weren’t a great team and they won a super bowl 

We have a qb now and got rid of two horrendously God awful starters on defense while adding talent

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Yes, 8-8 is realistic.  But if you look at our schedule, our roster, and our coaching staff, you can see 10 wins and it's not that unrealistic.

It all boils down to Week 1 and Week 2.  Open 2-0 and we're making the playoffs.  Lose to Buffalo and/or Cleveland at home and it's going to be a struggle.  I believe we're going to open strong with our new coach and new roster.  Therefore I believe 10-6 and a trip to Baltimore for a wildcard game is happening.

SAR I

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, 8-8 is realistic.  But if you look at our schedule, our roster, and our coaching staff, you can see 10 wins and it's not that unrealistic.

It all boils down to Week 1 and Week 2.  Open 2-0 and we're making the playoffs.  Lose to Buffalo and/or Cleveland at home and it's going to be a struggle.  I believe we're going to open strong with our new coach and new roster.  Therefore I believe 10-6 and a trip to Baltimore for a wildcard game is happening.

SAR I

I like your thinking. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

If Sam is the real deal and I think he is we should win 9-10 games next season

What I’m concerned about is our WRs and secondary.  We got rid of Skrine who was God awful but Trumaine Johnson the NFLs worst CB is still a full time starter and again we failed to add edge rushers unless QW and Polite can be effective right away

If Enunwa gets another significant injury it’s gonna be a long season.  Jets have 0 depth

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

If Sam is the real deal and I think he is we should win 9-10 games next season

What I’m concerned about is our WRs and secondary.  We got rid of Skrine who was God awful but Trumaine Johnson the NFLs worst CB is still a full time starter and again we failed to add edge rushers unless QW and Polite can be effective right away

All the draft capital and money we had and we still have all the same holes we started with. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 5/16/2019 at 8:42 AM, More Cowbell said:

I don't  think anyone is unhappy Mac is gone. What we are unhappy about is our owner is a moron who let Mac preside over the most important off offseason in decades and after that job was done, fired him. Why? Why let him set up the team for probably the next 3 years and then fire him?

Mac didn't control anything. Chris Johnson signed off on everything he did. Most likely because he knew he was canning him after the draft.

6 minutes ago, freestater said:

All the draft capital and money we had and we still have all the same holes we started with. 

Justin Houston was the only pass rusher who was actually available.  Who knows if Mac even tried to sign him I doubt it

The Trumaine Johnson and Leveon Bell contracts were Macagnan’s last parting gifts to this cursed franchise

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Mac didn't control anything. Chris Johnson signed off on everything he did. Most likely because he knew he was canning him after the draft.

Disagree.  Chrissy wanted to give Macagnan at least another year but Leveon Bell being a selfish clown plus Mac refusing to trade Lee was the breaking point

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Disagree.  Chrissy wanted to give Macagnan at least another year but Leveon Bell being a selfish clown plus Mac refusing to trade Lee was the breaking point

I think the way Mac handled free agency (missing out on Barr, losing Paradis while bidding against himself for Bell) allowed Gase to plant the seed in CJ's head.

Then Mac's failure to move down in the first round was the last straw.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

I think the way Mac handled free agency (missing out on Barr, losing Paradis while bidding against himself for Bell) allowed Gase to plant the seed in CJ's head.

Supposedly Gase was an Oliver guy. 

But it is not a coincidence Lee got traded for  a 6th at the same time Mac was fired

Just now, Philc1 said:

Supposedly Gase was an Oliver guy. 

But it is not a coincidence Lee got traded for  a 6th at the same time Mac was fired

Yeah I see that. One of the things that's been coming out the last few days is that Mac is very indecisive, which kind of makes sense. I think the Jets had an offer (or two) to move down, but Mac couldn't make up his mind. As time ran out while they were up to make their pick, he panicked and just defaulted to BPA. And I think that sealed his fate.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Yeah I see that. One of the things that's been coming out the last few days is that Mac is very indecisive, which kind of makes sense. I think the Jets had an offer (or two) to move down, but Mac couldn't make up his mind. As time ran out while they were up to make their pick, he panicked and just defaulted to BPA. And I think that sealed his fate.

I don’t know about that.  The giants were never trading up they reached for a mediocre qb who probably would have fallen to round 2 without them.  Haskins fell like an asteroid to 15

No one wanted to trade up with us

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t know about that.  The giants were never trading up they reached for a mediocre qb who probably would have fallen to round 2 without them.  Haskins fell like an asteroid to 15

No one wanted to trade up with us

I think the Redskins wanted to move up. They were desperate to get a QB. And I think they lucked out that Haskins fell to them.

The first round was strange this year. A lot of reaches.

Yeah...the Paradis stuff coming out over the past few days is really frustrating. Jets had Paradis in town and Mac just couldn’t make a decision. That and Barr in and of themselves argue that Mac was in wayyy over his head.

3 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Yeah...the Paradis stuff coming out over the past few days is really frustrating. Jets had Paradis in town and Mac just couldn’t make a decision. That and Barr in and of themselves argue that Mac was in wayyy over his head.

Jets coulda had both Paradis and Trent Brown but the idiot Macagnan flakes out and be signed a flakey running back to big money Instead

Jets coulda had both Paradis and Trent Brown but the idiot Macagnan flakes out and be signed a flakey running back to big money Instead

It’s not a one or the other scenario. That’s the frustrating part...jets had the money to do all of those things easily.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Especially now while the NFCe is mostly on the down tic.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Great post.  Yeah, I just don’t get it.

I have been a Jet fan for decades and I have NEVER felt more uncomfortable with a Jet GM on a day to day basis, than Maccagnan .  I have NEVER felt more uncomfortable than with the last so-called Head Coach, and that includes Lou Holtz, who I’d take any day over Bowles, because at least you’d get some laughs to go with the losing.  But most importantly Holtz would never punt in the opponents territory 2 scores down with 5 minutes left in the 4th Qtr.  Holtz would never kick a FG in the 4th Qtr so he could say “See we lost 30-3 and now my resume won’t include what might have been a shut out”.

Maccagnan and Bowles entire tenure can be seen as huge incompetency coupled with pure cowardice in trying to protect the jobs that deep down they KNEW they didn’t deserve.

The mind numbing just pure stupidity and blatant incompetence of both Maccagnan and Bowles was just too much to take for any Jet fan who has been around longer than a few years.

Sure, Adam Gase is a pure back stabber, but you know that might translate into lots of wins on the football field now that he has one of the top young talents in the league at QB.  Gase is still the same coach who was 11-0 with a healthy Ryan Tannehill.  

As far as Maccagnan goes.  Put a mannequin in his chair holding a cup of Starbucks, set a computer to “Robopick” on draft day....and you are Ions ahead of where you would be with that idiot in the job.

For those crying about his firing, for some reason that I’ll never understand.  The guy STILL doesn’t know what an Oline is....5 YEARS LATER.

One of the greatest days in Jet history...finally firing the second half of what very well could be the worst “GM”/“HC” pairing in NFL history.

And lastly, I’ll say it again, if Gase is just “middle of the pack good”....Jets are winning 10 games this year and getting a Wildcard berth.

Believe he likes Dunkin Donuts, but otherwise, correct. 

Last  month in the late rounds he was taking special teams players and a Rutgers corner with knees so bad he will start the season on the PUP list rather than simply taking servicable OL guys. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Ugh. Terrible. Barr may have had good reason to have a bad feeling. Man. I hope the jets can do the right thing this time. I think we're owed. ?

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

Believe he likes Dunkin Donuts, but otherwise, correct. 

Last  month in the late rounds he was taking special teams players and a Rutgers corner with knees so bad he will start the season on the PUP list rather than simply taking servicable OL guys. 

I know, unreal.

He also moved down in the 4th so he could move up in the 5th.  That “logic” really fails me.

I think in many other industries the Johnson’s would be able to actually sue a guy like Maccagnan based on him being hired because of misrepresentation. I saw a clip from Colin Cowherd’s show last night and he was saying that basically no one in the league barely knew this guy even 4 years later, he had virtually no contacts to help wheel and deal like virtually ALL GMs have.  

Another rumor is he locked himself in his office and would just watch college tape, the rest of the Front Office had no vision of where he wanted the team to go because the guy was not only never around for them, but he never even articulated it.  I totally believe that, since you try to make ANY kind of sense of the roster he “built” it looks like someone just throwing sh*t against a wall...”Oline?  What’s that?  Let me draft another Safety or an old D Tackle from a school no one ever heard of in Canada”.

The Jets were paying this moron GMs wages but he just said “f**k it, I’ll do what I’ve always done...watch tape” haha.  Then he delegated virtually ALL of a GMs duties to baby Heimerdinger hahaha.

I swear I really want to hear more and more about Maccagnan, because not only was it as bad as I thought it was, it seems it actually was much much worse.

And lastly, and this is the worst rumor of all, he was supposedly about to be fired by Houston when his mentor Casserly stepped in, vouched for him, and got him upped to a GM position with our NY Jets...that’s hands down the real villain here, Casserly.  Maccagnan can’t help that he’s an Idiot, that’s just how he was born.

Also, I read awhile back that Woody Johnson begged Mike Holmgren to come in and take over the whole ship and that Holmgren’s wife nixed it.

So Woody deserves a little slack.  He tried.

Just a horrible confluence of events that swirled and dumped the pair Maccagnan AND Bowles (Worst “GM” in the league AND Worsf “HC”..how is that even possible, statistically, at the same time? Haha) on the Jets.

14 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Exactly... anything else then 9-7 is an epic failure

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

It’s not a one or the other scenario. That’s the frustrating part...jets had the money to do all of those things easily.

You are absolutely right.  I don’t know if Mac even wanted Bell from what I head Chrissy the Genius wanted Bell