Are you f*#@ing kidding me? Isn't this what we wanted? (merged)

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  think anyone is unhappy Mac is gone. What we are unhappy about is our owner is a moron who let Mac preside over the most important off offseason in decades and after that job was done, fired him. Why? Why let him set up the team for probably the next 3 years and then fire him?

Yes, indecisive and late for C Johnson. I agree. I'm just going to go ahead and be glad we aren't hoping the idiot finally gets jettisoned after the season. Again. 

In the past our owners created arranged marriages between GM and coaches.  Now he has created a new kind of arranged marriage; Mac's players with Emperor Gase's coaching.  This would not have happened had Johnson "done a deep dive" into his organization when he became owner.  Not two years later.  Whatever the jerk said he learned over the last few weeks should have been known at the end of the season when this move should have been made.  If Johnson brings in one of the Emperor's guys they will presumably be on the same page however, they will be dealing with Mac's players.

Firing Mac now, after he signed free agents and draft picks, sets the organization back another two years by pairing players with a coach who doesn't want them.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  think anyone is unhappy Mac is gone. What we are unhappy about is our owner is a moron who let Mac preside over the most important off offseason in decades and after that job was done, fired him. Why? Why let him set up the team for probably the next 3 years and then fire him?

That was my contention. . Why not can him with Bowles?  Let a fresh GM handle FA and the draft. But being the SOJ they fire him now to add to the instability . We're back down with the Giants and Knicks as laughing stocks. 

BTW: Bleacher report gave the Jets off season a B+. Giants got an F.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

You fire Mac because you conclude that he is not the right GM for the Jets from 5/15 forward.  

This is the business concept of sunk cost. Past is Past.  He likely messed up FA and the draft, after they gave him a chance to help pick the coach and handle the off season.  Chris needed help with the coach selection.  I don’t think you can criticize the firing because it was late.  Better late than never.  

You can criticize the process, and Goodell should be telling the Johnsons that they need to do a Haslam and Pegula and hand the team to a professional to manage.  But firing Mac yesterday was the right decision yesterday.   It was four months late, but the right decision was not to wait  

If it was correct now why wasn't it correct to fire him BEFORE FA and the draft ? If he was deemed that incompetent why let him handle the 2 most important aspects of the season in FA and the draft ? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

The average Jets fan could have Scarlett Johansson ring their doorbell, sit on their face and they would still complain about it being too cold in the room.

Would she be as herself or Black Widow ? Just wondering.

• Upvote 1

We're going from one ***show to the next. I'm not seeing the reason to celebrate. That this org saw fit to not only retain Mac, but to give him a full (active) offseason, THEN fire him 2 weeks after the draft and give the keys to Adam Gase should tell you everything you need to know about the Johnsons. We're paddling in circles. 

1h7pwm.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

As the most vocal pessimist and complainer on this website, I offer myself up as tribute to test this hypothesis.

I don't think she'd be interested in someone who seems way too overly interested in d*cks.

• WTF? 1

28 minutes ago, freestater said:

Hackenberg in the 2nd? Should've been fired right then. We finally ditch this turd and the board is going for the Beningo woe-is-us crap

As much as they profess to hate Manish, a large swath of the fan base will adopt his positions instantly and repeat them almost verbatim, every time. Lemmings.

20 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I agree about how people are happy but still unhappy with the organization. It’s a good thing that Mac is gone but we are far from out of the woods. Our owners are a huge problem but we have Sam Darnold. We have reasons to be hopeful and maybe Gase works out. We also have reasons to be skeptical but that’s more due to the overall failure of this organization.

We have a reason to be hopeful in he short term and should be excited that Mac is gone. We still need this organization to earn our trust and praise. Right now they are still a poorly run organization no matter what happens until they prove otherwise. 

I said “We” 1 billion times just now but whatever haha. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

As much as they profess to hate Manish, a large swath of the fan base will adopt his positions instantly and repeat them almost verbatim, every time. Lemmings.

Wow. You're right. All is well until they sh*tcan dumbass Macc, and now were back to a circus. Immediately after Mehta starts saying it. I mean...hell, he's even got Pac criticizing the jets. Not an easy task.

• Haha 1

The biggest positive that I take from this whole thing is that Gase is going to play a big role in deciding who they bring in to be the GM. Every potential candidate mentioned is a guy that Gase has worked with in the past. 

I like this because it means both the coach and GM will philosophically be on the same page. It also means we are far less likely to have all of the back-biting that's been going on since the Idzik/Rex disaster.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, freestater said:

Wow. You're right. All is well until they sh*tcan dumbass Macc, and now were back to a circus. Immediately after Mehta starts saying it. I mean...hell, he's even got Pac criticizing the jets. Not an easy task.

There’s a non-zero chance that @Pac is actually Manish Mehta.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, freestater said:

For years now, we've all been bitching that Macc was a freaking idiot. This s.o.b. presided over one of the worst stretches of Jets football I can remember. His incompetence is the stuff of legend. Hackenberg in the 2nd? Should've been fired right then. We finally ditch this turd and the board is going for the Beningo woe-is-us crap. I get it. Some people didn't like the timing. While I understand, we should be elated that we finally dropped the albatross around our necks. If we actually end up with either of the two guys were connected to, or both, it's going to be a major upgrade. I am ecstatic. Sure, this ass should have been shown the door with Bowles. I really would have preferred someone else running our 2019 draft, but we are past that. Screw Macc and his incompetence. It's over. The media and opposing fans want to talk smack and gloat over the dysfunctional jets? Let them. Get a guy in here that can surround our very talented signal-caller with better protection and weaponz. We'll get the last laugh. With the exception of John Idzik, I think it's hard not to make an improvement at GM. Our collective nightmare is over. Macc is gone. Let's enjoy it.

Here is the thing.  "Mac is gone"

But his decisions this past off season will either linger here for 3 or 4 years or the new power player being Gase will get rid of half of these guys at a net loss asset wise.

Almost no one is mad that Mac is gone.  The bitching you hear is the head shaking over our owner letting him have thus past off season before firing him and the fact that the team is in disarray at the moment.

It's just one more time that simple logic and prudence is tossed out the window. 

The jets and the owner deserve to get blasted, not because some national media guy who knows nothing about the team bleats about it but because we as a fan base could see the GM needed to be turfed and our owners once again cannot do the simplest thing without screwing it up.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

The biggest positive that I take from this whole thing is that Gase is going to play a big role in deciding who they bring in to be the GM. Every potential candidate mentioned is a guy that Gase has worked with in the past. 

I like this because it means both the coach and GM will philosophically be on the same page. It also means we are far less likely to have all of the back-biting that's been going on since the Idzik/Rex disaster.

God, I hope so. Ppl like to sh*t on them but Mangini/Tanny were a duo who set the jets up for a pretty good little run. HC/GM being on the same page is huge. Apparently that lesson hasnt sunk in to anybody named Johnson yet.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Here is the thing.  "Mac is gone"

But his decisions this past off season will either linger here for 3 or 4 years or the new power player being Gase will get rid of half of these guys at a net loss asset wise.

Almost no one is made that Mac is gone.  The bitching you hear is the head shaking over our owner letting him have thus past off season before firing him and the fact that the team is in disarray at the moment.

It's just one more time that simple logic and prudence is tossed out the window. 

The jets and the owner deserve to get blasted, not because some national media guy who knows nothing about the team bleats about it but because we as a fan base could see the GM needed to be turfed and our owners once again cannot do the simplest thing without screwing it up.

I agree. Took too long. But I am not going to let Mehta, opposing fans, Cimini et al rain on this for me. We just got rid of an incompetent boob. And I for one, couldn't be happier. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, freestater said:

God, I hope so. Ppl like to sh*t on them but Mangini/Tanny were a duo who set the jets up for a pretty good little run. HC/GM being on the same page is huge. Apparently that lesson hasnt sunk in to anybody named Johnson yet.

It may have for CJ. The names being floated around as candidates are all people that Gase has worked with.

That may also be what CJ meant when he said that he just recently came to the realization that Mac had to go. Remember Mac and Bowles were both very reserved and passive guys. Gase is fire and brimstone. He and Mac are obvious polar opposites.   

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, freestater said:

For years now, we've all been bitching that Macc was a freaking idiot. This s.o.b. presided over one of the worst stretches of Jets football I can remember. His incompetence is the stuff of legend. Hackenberg in the 2nd? Should've been fired right then.. If we actually end up with either of the two guys were connected to, or both, it's going to be a major upgrade. I am ecstatic. Sure, this ass should have been shown the door with Bowles. The media and opposing fans want to talk smack and gloat over the dysfunctional jets? Let them. Get a guy in here that can surround our very talented signal-caller with better protection and weaponz.

Hear, Hear.

26 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

We're going from one ***show to the next. I'm not seeing the reason to celebrate. That this org saw fit to not only retain Mac, but to give him a full (active) offseason, THEN fire him 2 weeks after the draft and give the keys to Adam Gase should tell you everything you need to know about the Johnsons. We're paddling in circles. 

1h7pwm.jpg

Without the paddle

1 hour ago, freestater said:

For years now, we've all been bitching that Macc was a freaking idiot. This s.o.b. presided over one of the worst stretches of Jets football I can remember. His incompetence is the stuff of legend. Hackenberg in the 2nd? Should've been fired right then. We finally ditch this turd and the board is going for the Beningo woe-is-us crap. I get it. Some people didn't like the timing. While I understand, we should be elated that we finally dropped the albatross around our necks. If we actually end up with either of the two guys were connected to, or both, it's going to be a major upgrade. I am ecstatic. Sure, this ass should have been shown the door with Bowles. I really would have preferred someone else running our 2019 draft, but we are past that. Screw Macc and his incompetence. It's over. The media and opposing fans want to talk smack and gloat over the dysfunctional jets? Let them. Get a guy in here that can surround our very talented signal-caller with better protection and weaponz. We'll get the last laugh. With the exception of John Idzik, I think it's hard not to make an improvement at GM. Our collective nightmare is over. Macc is gone. Let's enjoy it.

You're preaching to people that are likely going to hate the new GM the minute after his first UDFA signing next year. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

The average Jets fan could have Scarlett Johansson ring their doorbell, sit on their face and they would still complain about it being too cold in the room.

good thing i am not the average JETS fan.... lol

• Upvote 1